• transformers live-action movies
  • transformers fandom
  • transformers forum

Go Back   TFARCHIVE > TRANSFORMERS > Transformers News & Rumours

Old 2013-02-10, 09:41 PM   #41
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK

I'll be bloody amazed if any stores over here take a punt on stocking Metroplex.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightdramon
Megatron would have greatly benefited as a voyager. No, not because bigger is better, but because this specific body is pictured to be his biggest and most powerful upgrade ever. And it's still being used in the comics.
It is a bit of a weird choice, character-wise. I can kind of see the designers not being able to get away with safety testing for small parts (and the price point) if they'd made Springer and Blitzwing deluxe-sized... and Megs probably won't have the same issues as Galvatron, which shouldn't have been downsized.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kungfu Dinobot View Post
What I do know is that hipsters are a bunch of self-obsessed young people trying to be "different".

Can't you people take a joke
The emoticons in particular (there are a few situations where fits, but they mostly involve life-changing events) have you coming across as half the age on your profile, which is already a decade sideways from most people here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalek
IDW seem to have been required to promote the Generations toys even when it makes no sense (why did everyone on Cybertron in RID get a new alt mode when resources are supposed to be limited?)
Yeah, it's wearing thin and not saying a lot for the ability of the franchise to support fiction. Makes sense for Megs to receive the bulk of the Decepticon resources -- although not for other characters to not even try to seal up damaged parts, and instead going for k3wl battle scars. Not blaming Roche for that as it's the situation he'd inherited in placing the spotlight where it fell.

Denyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-10, 09:48 PM   #42
Kungfu Dinobot
Autobot Concubine

Former British Colony
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denyer View Post
The emoticons in particular (there are a few situations where fits, but they mostly involve life-changing events) have you coming across as half the age on your profile, which is already a decade sideways from most people here.
Yes, I do know I sometime come across as a manchild, even in my regular life. I won't use my hobbies as an excuse. Sorry if I offended anyone.

Kungfu Dinobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-10, 09:58 PM   #43
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK

No worries. Everybody's welcome (although actual kids would have to lie their way past the COPPA question on sign-up) but no amount of rules can compensate for the need to skim forums a bit and trying not to burn the locals when joining one.

Someone remind me... what other toy announcement events are still to come this year?

Old 2013-02-10, 10:21 PM   #44
Warcry
Likes Beast Wars toys. A lot.

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Smile

Quote:
Someone remind me... what other toy announcement events are still to come this year?
I don't think there's anything major between now and BotCon in June, which'll probably be about when these toys start showing up in stores*. Between Botcon and SDCC the month after, we usually see the new releases for the last half of the year.

* Well, allegedly. The way things have gone around here in the last couple years, I'll see the first wave at retail and the rest will show up at assorted discount stores for half-price six months after the line gets canned.

Warcry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-10, 10:30 PM   #45
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK

Cheers. Similar around here, except without ever seeing the later waves. I'm surprised TRU went for FoC -- it must've fit into a lull when it was time to re-order, and both it and Prime were needed for variety. The supermarkets have a bit of Prime stuff but I doubt will consider anything else until after Easter.

Old 2013-02-10, 10:33 PM   #46
numbat
Legends Class

Scotland, UK

Like I say, never seen FOC figures in stores here. Prime was well stocked briefly, but now things are dwindling, and it looks as if the stores are trying to clear the shelves of Transformers. I'll be interested to see which line is stocked next, but would be amazed if it's more than one line...

numbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-10, 11:39 PM   #47
Knightdramon
Primus

York, UK

Quote:
There's winterfest festival happening concurrently in Japan, but that's mostly high-end stuff and Bandai, along with takara tomy, don't always participate. So maybe nothing there.

Botcon in May or so and wonderfest in July [Japanese event though, expect new MP announcements or takara tomy-exclusives] and SDCC in July.

The bulk of western-end TF announcements occur at toyfair and SDCC each year. I remember two years in a row being disappointed that botcon offered no new info.

Knightdramon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-11, 08:15 AM   #48
inflatable dalek
Duke of Kidderminster

Kidderminster UK
Smile

Quote:

Yeah, it's wearing thin and not saying a lot for the ability of the franchise to support fiction. Makes sense for Megs to receive the bulk of the Decepticon resources -- although not for other characters to not even try to seal up damaged parts, and instead going for k3wl battle scars. Not blaming Roche for that as it's the situation he'd inherited in placing the spotlight where it fell.
And just to prove I'm not a mental making things up, Nick Roche confirms the obvious in this interview, the current run of Spotlight choices were picked via Hasbro mandate.

I'd say (because as far as I'm aware he doesn't have a toy in this lot), Thundercracker was the odd man out, but he was on the list of characters presented to Roche to pick for his Spotlight.

http://moonbase2.libsyn.com/the-moon...ews-nick-roche

inflatable dalek is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-13, 08:48 AM   #49
Tetsuro
One with the Matrix

Suomi Finland Perkele

Is it just me, or do Metroplex's hands just kind of flush against his forearms instead of hiding somewhere in his alt modes?

Tetsuro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-13, 11:40 AM   #50
HotShot81
Triple Changer

Canada, Land of Ice and Snow

All I can think is A) Thank God Target it coming to Canada. B) I have GOT to get the new Metroplex for my collection. I dunno, a picture of him and the original side by side.

HotShot81 is offline   Reply With Quote