Asian exclusives

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Addl
Protoform

Asian exclusives

Post by Addl »

In our local TRU I saw a couple of interesting tf toys, not really knowing if "exclusive" is really exclusive and rare...

Year of the snake Optimus prime and omega supreme (699, 899 RMB) reprints of Energon?

Movie combiner in G2 bruticus colors and packaging

Classics G2 Megatron

Classics gift set incl jazz repaint

Reissues of G1 Optimus prime, ultra Magnus, soundwave (499, 499, 369 RMB)

I guess I am only interested in the reissue sound wave, as I lack this one from the 80s.

Still looking for the Asian exclusive six shot and classics seeker sets, but it is normal that the ones I want are not available.

Anything interesting?
Attachments
image.jpg
[sigpic][/sigpic] :clap: Isch bin dabbei! :up:
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

YOS Omega is actually a very nifty remould and repaint. Contrary to the package art, he has an entirely new head and right arm from the elbow down.

I assume you saw Fall of Cybertron Bruticus in G2 colours. It's not a movie figure, it was released last year or so in many variations so far. Perfect if G2 was your thing.

Of all you wrote, these are the two I'd get for myself.

The rest are classics [Jazz from the set is a nifty mould] or reissues I wouldn't really like [maybe except Magnus].

No masterpieces around?
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
numbat

Post by numbat »

I've got Year of the Snake Omega Supreme, and can happily vouch for him. Pick him up if you can afford him - he makes a perfect and supremely imposing addition to any Classics/Generations collection. The paint job is gorgeous, and the new right arm and head are both amazing homages to the G1 character. The alternate modes are pretty poor, but let's face it, he's always gonna be displayed in robot mode anyway.

I also have the G2 version of Fall of Cybertron Bruticus, and love the figure. I'm not sure why people complain about the moulds so much - the designers have done a bang-up job of creating figures with good alternate modes, individual robot modes, and a cool imposing combined Bruticus mode. I didn't care for the mass release decos though, and love the G2 homage. Holds together much better (purple cammo detail ties all the figures together). But I think just which version of Bruticus you pick up depends on your own personal preferences on colour schemes - there are a few options out there.

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Oh yes, and to add, none of the toys you mentioned are asian exclusives. Sixshot and the seekers sets are, but the rest have had USA releases as well.
Addl
Protoform

Post by Addl »

Ah okay, I read somewhere about Asian axclidives and immediately assumed some would be, including year of the snake.

No, G2 is no my thing, so I rather find him in G1 colors.

So far I have not started to buy classics (missing 99%) already, so I am unsure of the expensive omega being the only "modern" tf next to my G1, diaclones, and RiD.

There is one small shop selling MP prime and MP black prime, but for around 300 resp. 180 eur which I find very high.

Aside from there, no MP spotted ( hard to find tf anyway, not what I expected from china).

Also once saw the protectobot hotspot and powerdive, supposed to be Asian exclusives, but I had no interest for about 35 eur being my first classics.

You sure the G2 Megatron is not a exclusive? At least the Internet writes exclusive on every second bot I see...
[sigpic][/sigpic] :clap: Isch bin dabbei! :up:
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Oh, you were talking about the Bludgeon voyager remould, got it.

Not technically an exclusive, it was originally an Asia only exclusive [along with Hot Spot and the plane] but TRU imported it as their exclusive come November I think.