• transformers cartoon
  • transformers live-action movies
  • transformers fandom
  • transformers forum

Go Back   TFARCHIVE > TRANSFORMERS > Transformers Media & Fandom > New Comics

Old 2013-05-15, 01:48 PM   #21
Blackjack
Unashamed Movie Fanboy

I like the initial concept between the Metrotitans and how they tied it into the MTMTE plot. The fact that Metroplex/titan is shoved into every Spotlight comic regardless of how much sense it makes? Not so much. It's too much shoehorning for my tastes...

Blackjack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-15, 07:45 PM   #22
Red Dave Prime
Assistant Comic Reviewer

Ireland

If you are only into MTMTE than just go for Hoist and Trailcutter. I really liked the Megatron one but its not to everyones taste it seems. Thundercracker and Orion Pax are ok for a read and the Bumblebee is a perfect fifth issue of the Bumblebee mini.

Red Dave Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-15, 08:02 PM   #23
inflatable dalek
Duke of Kidderminster

Kidderminster UK
Red face

So was I the only one not to notice Swerve is both on the planet annoying Sunstreaker and back on the Lost Light getting Trailbreaker to help with his sponsored silence at the same time? Suggestive no one in this issue except Hoist is real or cock up?

inflatable dalek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-15, 10:42 PM   #24
Skyquake87
One with the Matrix

I read it that hoist is alone on re-reading as everything disappears and he's left in the desert.

Skyquake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-15, 10:42 PM   #25
Knightdramon
Primus

York, UK

I think the event on SL Hoist happen while and after Trailbreaker fell asleep, which is why their SOS signal goes unanswered for a while. What I find troubling is how Swerve recovers so quickly from such a wound to be up and running in MTMTE 6.

The Metrotitans only made sense in SL: Thundercracker, maybe pushing it with SL: Trailbreaker.

Orion Pax just has a quest, since Metroplex isn't even active then. Megatron's has a passing mention of technology. Bumblebee's is even more of a passing reference. Hoist's is just a hallucination.

Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
Knightdramon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-16, 12:04 AM   #26
Red Dave Prime
Assistant Comic Reviewer

Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyquake87 View Post
I read it that hoist is alone on re-reading as everything disappears and he's left in the desert.
dont think that would work because his fear is of being alone - why would the machine project that which wasnt his fear?

I read it that the mission happens at some point between the 12 hours Trailcutter recharges. Swerves transmission could have come just before he took off with the others.

Old 2013-05-16, 12:10 AM   #27
Springer85
Unicron

All your base

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Dave Prime View Post
If you are only into MTMTE than just go for Hoist and Trailcutter. I really liked the Megatron one but its not to everyones taste it seems. Thundercracker and Orion Pax are ok for a read and the Bumblebee is a perfect fifth issue of the Bumblebee mini.
Yeah, I'm only into MTMTE, so thanks. Hoist and Trailcutter it is

Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
Springer85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-16, 12:25 AM   #28
zigzagger
There ain't no Sanity Clause

Talking

Quote:
The Bumblebee is a perfect fifth issue of the Bumblebee mini.
Yeah, sure, discourage him from ever reading it

zigzagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-16, 12:53 AM   #29
Springer85
Unicron

All your base

Is it really that bad of a story?

Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
Old 2013-05-17, 12:25 AM   #30
Red Dave Prime
Assistant Comic Reviewer

Ireland

Probably not, but I found the art to be too offensive and some of the ideas are... actually, it is that bad.

Bumblebee is fast becoming the robot equivalent of Spike - IDW push him as the main guy but write him so erratic that its impossible not to groan when ever his yellow head pops up.

Old 2013-05-17, 02:58 AM   #31
Springer85
Unicron

All your base

Quote:
Probably not, but I found the art to be too offensive and some of the ideas are... actually, it is that bad.
Alright, I'll stay away from it then

Quote:
Bumblebee is fast becoming the robot equivalent of Spike - IDW push him as the main guy but write him so erratic that its impossible not to groan when ever his yellow head pops up.

Yeah, I heard RID isn't a great read either. I hate that because it has most of my favorite characters in it.

I also don't like it that Bumblebee has to look like his movie counterpart in almost every single thing that's being published right now. I miss the G1 'Bee.

Aspiring DJ!
Old 2013-05-17, 09:05 AM   #32
Auntie Slag
Satisfaction guaranteed !

Cambridge, UK
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightdramon View Post
What I find troubling is how Swerve recovers so quickly from such a wound to be up and running in MTMTE 6.
It is odd eh? Swerve seems to be able to recover from things quite quickly, like when he shot his own face off in the battle on Temptoria. That panel counted as the most horrific TF moment I'd ever seen (perhaps because of how well we know Swerve by that point), yet he was up to mischief in the next issue like usual.

Yeah, seeing poor Swerve's face like that in the 6-page preview and then having to wait an age for the printed issue to be available... testing times.

Auntie Slag is offline   Reply With Quote