Go Back   TFARCHIVE > TRANSFORMERS > Transformers News & Rumours

Old 2014-02-18, 07:21 AM   #141
numbat
Legends Class

Scotland, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay View Post
I'm still waiting for a leader movie Bonecrusher
I wish... At least a Voyager one... I naively passed on the Deluxe thinking a larger Bonecrusher would surely appear. Big mistake.

But, then, a Leader Class DOTM Megatron also seems a terrible omission - and AoE looks to repeat this mistake. Leader Class has become the province of Autobots only... Which is a bit crap really.

numbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-18, 09:38 AM   #142
Blackjack
Micromaster

And somehow they had the time to put Movie Ironhide and Classics Jetfire into the Leader class section... oh well.

Blackjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-18, 10:03 AM   #143
Kungfu Dinobot
Autobot Concubine

Former British Colony
Talking

Okay, my thought:

LDR Jetfire: Sweet ass Jet mode. I can tolerate the fake cockpit, but he just doesn't seem to be worth the money. Not unless the transformation does something really clever, which I kind of expect.

legends: Meh, Shrapnel is the only one I'm interested in (I like bugs). Gears is Gears and Acid Storm is green Starscream.

DLX Classics: Windblade actually looks good, better than the last manufacture badass, if only by virtue of being a) A fembot (LOLOL please don't judge me) and b) Not looking all Funana-styled. Even jet mode does not look too bad, despite obvious legs. Jhiaxus is.... I just wish they used a new mold. Nightbeat is not bad, but the Bumblebee body is kind of boring. Tankor is much better than my first opinion was, but he still doesn't have the Robocop-Walker legs, so that's a minus. Rattrap looks kind of boring, but not awful. Crosscut, who gives a shit?

VOY Classics: Sky-bite, unlike Tankor, is crappier than my first impression. Most of the Shark's just hanging 'round his body. They could just get it to fold around him or something, it can't be hard. Roadbuster is cool. I can live with the stiff wrist, and I love getting heavies for my collection, but did he really have to be *that* square? I mean, I get that some people like stiff blocks, but maaan...

AOE LDR: Grimlock's cool, but the rex mode is shit. For Optimus the kibble distribution is much better than the first edition, and he have silver stacks (yay!) But I'll stick with my one, for now....

AOE DLX: Most of the cars look decent, but not particularly clever. Except for Crosshairs. They pulled out the coat *much* better than I expected, but wait and see... Slug looks mistransformed (I have the feeling the beast forelimbs fill out his waist) but still looks beast anyways. Scorn got a real BW Megs look going on, and the sail fins are real clever (though I had a similar idea once). Strafe is no worse than Ani Swoop (unless you hate designers taking liberties with beast modes, like they do constantly). Slash...looks awkward.

AOE VOY: Damn, that Grimlock NOW that's the one to look out for. love how his rex torso forms leg armor (instead of just hanging on his back like G1). Prime is cool, but wait and see. Galvatron isn't as bad as everyone's making him out to be (indeed, I might forgive his shellformering if the gun's cool enough). Hound, however is worth it just for the ammunition, and that's not counting the badass truck, or the bandolier arms, or the beard...

Kungfu Dinobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-04, 03:02 PM   #144
Warcry
Likes Beast Wars toys. A lot.

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

Final pics of Leader Jetfire: http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-...images-179875/

He's missing around half the paint apps that were in the pics they showed off after Toyfair. Brilliant! $50 toys are totally where they should be indulging in petty cost-cutting measures, right? Because the things sell so well as it is...

Warcry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-05, 12:17 AM   #145
Unicron
Time for plan bee-weeoop

Damn, that is a lot of plain white on him. Couldn't they have gone with non-chromed weapons to make budget for paint apps?

Unicron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-05, 08:24 AM   #146
Skyquake87
One with the Matrix

But, but... all that white makes him Sunobw accurate...!

I rather like the look of this guy. The alt mode is nice and swish and the robot mode looks good. I like faceplate/ helmet version bestest though. The chrome on the weapons is a bit of an odd choice, but otherwise he looks pretty nifty.

Skyquake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-05, 02:18 PM   #147
numbat
Legends Class

Scotland, UK

He looks nice, but with the lack of paint apps, the Classics Voyager figure looks a lot better.

If Takara do a better paint job on the guy, I'd prefer to go for that even at a mark up.

numbat is offline   Reply With Quote