• transformers forum

Go Back   TFARCHIVE > TRANSFORMERS > The TFArchive RPG > RPG Thread Archive

Old 2014-03-26, 12:09 AM   #161
Clogs
has retired, boo-yah!

Leicester, in the Heart of England

Street above Iacon Catacombs

"I...I...I," Glyph managed. "I'm okay..."

She had to consciously will her fingers to let go of Grimlock's backpack so she could drop to the ground. Lovely ground!

"S...sorry, to be a p...p...problem..."

Old 2014-04-02, 05:30 PM   #162
Aero Blade
Keeper of Trivial Knowledge

Somewhere in subspace

War Academy

Yoketron would catch the returning star thrown by Tarantulas, producing a few more before taking a combat stance. "On your guard, Orion. Our time in the fray has begun."

Yoketron would then launch himself forward towards the intruders, flinging the next set of throwing stars predominantly at Predacon as he closed in on the group.

South-East Border

With Prowl back at what he was meant to be doing, and the medics seeing to him, Terabolt would move out, headed back to the location where Scorponok had been left.

Old 2014-04-02, 09:51 PM   #163
Warcry
Likes Beast Wars toys. A lot.

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

(OOC: Sorry for not replying sooner...I've been busy with site stuff. Should ease up in a week or so though.)

City Center

In the skies above, fires erupted as the Autobot and Decepticon warships began to engage one another in earnest. Particle beams, fusion blasts, nuclear warhead detonations and antimatter explosions streaked across the sky, casting the battlefield in noonday brightness. As the moments wore on, the burnt husks of broken warships -- their hulls cast in either copper and purple -- began to fall to the ground, their bows burning bright from the heat of reentry. The force field that protected the dome had begun to weaken, and the occasional beam was sneaking through to scar the protective metal barrier below.

Lugnut didn't so much as flinch when Sentinel tried to intimidate him. In fact, the hulking brute smiled.

"If you want to move me, then move me," he told the Autobot leader, showing no trace of fear. "But know this -- I've been crushed under the boot of a Prime for my entire life. Nothing will make me happier than getting my hands on you."

He flexed his three-fingered hands in anticipation.

"But if you want to threaten the glorious Megatron, you'll need to come through me!"

War Academy

Predacon's whiplash cutlass flexed, then began to move fluidly as if of it's own volition. The "jaws" at the end of the weapon snapped around, grabbing up the throwing stars that Yoketron had tossed at him and snapping them in half with a single bite.

"Sorry," he told the Temple Knight with a voice that was almost apologetic (but clearly not sincere), "but that trick only works when my back is turned. You wanna maybe try fighting like a real mech? I mean, none of that did any of your buddies in Kaon any good. Tricks or not, they died just the same..."

Iacon Streets

Ramjet's head rang as he shook the debris off and pulled himself out of the smashed-in wall.

"Yeah...never been accused of knowin' what's good for me."

Straightening up, he raised his right arm and started firing laser blasts at Kup. But with his head still foggy, he had a very hard time aiming at the Autobot. Several of his shots probably peppered the ground around Dirge as well.

Old 2014-04-03, 12:41 AM   #164
Heinrad
Ironmod

Riskin' it all on my Russian Roulette!
Default Sorry for the delay.....

Warehouse District:

Hot Rod peered out from the rubble he'd been using as cover, staring at the shouldering remains of Zero and his Vehicons. "How..... What....."

Nightbeat shrugged, picking up his blaster and checking it. "Not that hard. Lure them to where we have the advantage, use the advantage to fix the problem. Piece of oil-cake."

"But you're a cop! You know zip about fighting a war."

Nightbeat smirked. "Hostage negotiator. Not that different, really."

Skies:

Tracks didn't respond to Starscream's request, diving for the cover of the streets.

War Academy:

This was not good. This was about as far from good as you could get.

Ironhide stared at the screens. "That slag-suckin' idjit!!!!!!!! Rapido, if we got anything heavy anywhere near Sent'nel, get it there NOW!!! then get yerself an' ever'body else out'a here. Ah'm gonna try t'get th' Prahme out'a there in one piece." Ironhide took off at a run, charging out of the War Room.

--------------

Orion brought his rifle up, aiming at Tarantulas. "Hold it right there, Decepticon!"

Old 2014-04-11, 04:27 AM   #165
Blackjack
Micromaster

Default (OOC: points finger at 30th Anniversary thing accusingly)

"Be happy you not have to exp- experi- to do that on daily basis." Grimlock told Glyph in a tone that was more bitter than condescending... but then again, in Grimlock's gruff, hard voice, who can tell?

"Me, Grimlock, am going to go. Fight. What about you? You follow, or hide?" Grimlock turned to look as a building several blocks away collapsed under Vehicon fire. "Not that anywhere safe."

South-East Border

Scorponok, head cast downwards and ruined limbs dangling from where the Autobots had shattered the joints, did not react as Terabolt approached him. In the distance, a group of jet Vehicons sent by Obsidian swooped in.

Prowl grunted as the reports filled in. Things were not looking good. But between the splitting headache he had (nothing his mental conditioning can do about that) and the general confusion for being out of the loop for the five minutes that the Decepticons made their big push... "Jazz. Jazz, you're faster. Take- take anyone you can gather, and go help Sentinel. The idiot's going to get himself killed. Get Orion, Ironhide, Warpath, anyone you can assemble..."

City Center

"Zeta Prime's boot is not quite enough to squish you, it seems, insect." Sentinel growled. "But let me remedy that error." The Prime charged at Lugnut without hesitation, Skyboom Shield expanding and thickening into the size of a ramming shield, intending to smash into Lugnut's stomach and send him keeling over.

Despite his threats to the lesser Decepticon, Sentinel had no qualms on who his true target is.

Skies

"Guys? Guys, where'd you guys go?" Skywarp said, shaking his head. "Blue? Starry?"

He waited for a full thirty seconds before letting out a sigh. "Starry's going to be totally pissed."

Old 2014-04-18, 02:21 PM   #166
Clogs
has retired, boo-yah!

Leicester, in the Heart of England

Glyph barely heard Grimlock over what was definitely the sounds of fighting - and now very close fighting, at that. She turned her head sharply to stare at the flash of fire and sudden gout of debris that hailed the end of a building and winced.

A few astroseconds later, a tall, delicate tower even closer shattered as a whirling girder spun through it exactly at its half-way point and Glyph flung herself flat to avoid a scatter of sharp plexiglass fragments.

As Grimlock said, nowhere was safe and she was a Minibot without any weapons. And she had no idea where Tap-Out might be.

"I'll come with you, if you don't mind," she said, looking up at the mech towering beside her.

Old 2014-04-27, 03:01 AM   #167
Warcry

City Center

Setinel Prime's shield slammed square on into Lugnut's midsection, but the Decepticon held his ground. He dropped down to a squat, has clawed feet digging into the ground as his thick, clumsy-looking fingers spread wide to push back against the Skyboom Shield.

"You...won't...get...by...me..." he snarled, straining under the Autobot leader's impressive strength.

Skies Above the Senate

Starscream watched Tracks dive, and assumed the Autobot was doing as asked and returning to the ground...where he would be a very, very tempting target. On any other day the seeker would have strongly considered going back on his word and murdering him, but today...today was special. He'd already butchered the entire sitting senate, and he needed to ensure that everyone knew it had been his doing. And to do that, he needed to chase Magnus out of the building and fortify it for Decepticon use.

So he let the Autobot drift out of his sights, taking his eye off the ball for a moment as he thought of the accolades that would follow.

"Skywarp, have you managed to die yet? If not, head back to the Senate and find out what Thundercracker is dealing with."

Old 2014-04-27, 07:48 PM   #168
Aero Blade

Somewhere in subspace

Iacon Streets

The shots from Ramjet would force Dirge to stop shooting himself, in favor instead of taking cover from his ally's less than careful aim.

"Hey! Shoot the Autobot you idiot!"

South-East Border

Terabolt would slow her speed and trot up to Scorponok, seizing a firm grip on a chunk of his armor with her jaws, and starting to drag the large Decpeticon towards a partially collapsed building. If the Vehicons wanted to take back their ally, they'd have to come at her on ground level through the opening, restricting how many could come at her at once. It was one of Yoketron's many rules that he'd drilled into her training - if you have the opportunity, pick your battle field well.

Old 2014-04-29, 09:37 AM   #169
Blackjack
Micromaster

Grimlock raised his optic brow. He was ready to jump to block the massive piece of debris and save Glyph from being a pancake, but the little minibot was faster than Grimlock gave her credit for.

"Safest place be around me, Grimlock. Try to find cover." The large Autobot conceded. "You turn into car?" Grimlock transformed into his tank mode. "We need to be fast."

City Center

Sentinel Prime roared loudly as Lugnut pressed against the Skyboom Shield. He wouldn't rate himself among the raw power of the likes of Lugnut or Grimlock, but Sentinel did not earn his moniker nor his rank as the commander of the War Academy without some actual skills. He's fought against larger opponents before.

And with everything on the line, well, even a bumbling fool can be of some use.

"You will yield, Decepticon!" Sentinel Prime sent a surge of electricity through the Skyboom Shield intended to make Lugnut get surprised enough to lose his balance. At the same time, the Skyboom Shield's lower parts retracted and created a small opening to allow Sentinel to stab his energon lance towards one of Lugnut's feet.

Skies Above the Senate

"Thunder- oh, Blue? Okay, boss. Got it." Skywarp disappeared and reappeared near the hole atop the senate room. He frowned as he went down, teleporting randomly until he came across Magnus and Thundercracker. "Hey, Blue! Need some help?"

Of course, he had already trained his machineguns on Ultra Magnus and unloaded both clips at the larger Autobot. "There's some big, ugly dude here with Blue!" Skywarp yelled at Starscream through the commlink.

South-East Border

Scorponok made no noise, his body fully limp as Terabolt pulled him along.

Some distance away, acid pellets shot into the air and slammed onto a couple of the Vehicons coming to Scorponok's rescue. Prowl's less-than-perfect aim thanks to his condition meant that he only managed to crash a single Vehicon, but he wounded several and caused the formation to disperse.

Old 2014-05-01, 02:55 PM   #170
Aero Blade

Somewhere in subspace

South-East Border

Like a predator storing a carcas for later, Terabolt hauled Scorponok into the derelick building, and with a swing of her head, tossed him into a corner. She would then turn back around to glance outside at the coming troops, checking their possitions before proceding into the building herself. Terabolt prowled around for a short while before chosing a piece or rubble to scale and perch on. There she stayed, laying in wait for the vehicons.

War Academy

The second set of throwing stars had been to service as a distract, Yokertron going for his own weapon and drawing it as he closed the distance. By the time Predacon had made his taunt, the Temple Knight was on him with an ignited energy katana.

Old 2014-05-07, 02:27 PM   #171
Blackjack
Micromaster

South-East Border

Scorponok made no sound (nor was he able to), his massive frame slamming down onto the ground as Terabolt threw him onto the floor of the building.

Several of the Vehicons outside scattered, some to collect those that were shot down by Prowl and his men, though two swung towards Terabolt and made a half-hearted attempt at opening fire with small-arms fire.

Old 2014-05-08, 09:55 PM   #172
Warcry

City Center

"I don't know the meaning of the word!" Lugnut staggered back as the electric shock ran through the shield, then sustained a nasty gash on his shin as Sentinel Prime stabbed at him with his lance.

But Lugnut wasn't so easily defeated. With space now between them, he balled up his right fist, cocked it back and activated the internal gravity well as he threw a punch right at the Skyboom Shield, hoping to shatter it.

Skies Above the Senate

Starscream sighed. "Is he threatening Thundercracker?" he prompted Skywarp. "If he is, deal with him until I get back. If not...well, you've probably already shot at him anyway, so deal with him until I get back."

Iacon Streets

"I'm tryin', newbie!" Ramjet barked back at Dirge. "Maybe you ain't got eyes to see, but I just crashed into a building!"

War Academy

Predacon smiled wickedly as Yoketron charged him.

"Fancy blade," Predacon told the Temple Knight as he sidestepped the charge. "Mine is fancier."

His whiplash cutlass snapped out as if of its own accord, trying to wrap itself around the energy katana and force the Autobot to fight him hand-to-hand. Predacon was cockily overconfident that the immense physical strength and fist-fighting experience he'd earned brawling alongside Megatron in the energon mines would be more than enough to overwhelm any Knight -- who he considered weak, effete and lazy to the last mech.

The ones he'd fought in Kaon, it had to be said, had done little to disabuse him of that notion.

Old 2014-05-12, 02:17 PM   #173
Aero Blade

Somewhere in subspace

Iacon Streets

"You're the one claiming to be an indestructible juggernaught!" Dirge snapped back at Ramjet as he came out from his cover again. "I wouldn't expect a building to bother you!"

War Academy

Yoketron was not an imposing bot - he wasn't large, and he wasn't heavily armored - but this was what had felled many opponents in the past, because it bylined Yoketron's true dangers, his speed and agility.

As Yoketron closed the distance, Predacon did exactly as he had wanted, employing the whip-function of his weapon. As Predacon started to sidestep, Yoketron did the same, letting go of his energy katana to instead grab hold of Predacon's weapon directly, allowing it to wrap around his wrist.

A brute such as this one with a weapon would hit quite hard, and Yoketron needed to neutralize that. Now that they were up close, and Yoketron had partial control of Predacon's weapon, the Temple Knight launched off a flurry of punches and kicks at his opponent, intended to cause Predacon to drop or release his weapon.

South-East Border

The weapon fire from the two vehicons would miss Terabolt as she slipped back into the building and disappeared out of sight. She wasn't going to chase them, and instead just waited inside at her hide-spot. If they wanted Scorponok they'd have to come investigate sooner or later, and she could be patient.

Old 2014-05-29, 04:23 AM   #174
Warcry

Iacon Streets

"Just 'cause it don't break me," Ramjet shouted at Dirge, "doesn't mean it don't hurt like the blazes! Maybe you should try it out some time, see how it feels? Oh, wait, I forgot! You'd need to get your skull welded back together by that fop of a doctor if you did!"

War Academy

The handle of the whiplash cutlass fell from Predacon's hands as Yoketron pummelled him, but the weapon slithered out of the Autobot's grasp and fell to the floor as if it had a mind of its own.

Predacon, meanwhile, grimaced as the Temple Knight landed another blow on him. But he as unbowed. "Impressive, really. I've got to give it to you. You hit hard for a pampered Iacon-bot. But I'll let you in on a little secret...nobody survived a minute in the mines if they didn't know how to take a punch! Can you say the same?"

His hands clenching into fists, Predacon lashed out at Yoketron with a flurry of body blows, trying to punch through the Autobot's torso plating.

Old 2014-07-13, 12:39 PM   #175
Blackjack
Micromaster

Default NECROMANCY HO

City Center

Sentinel Prime lifted the Skyboom Shield and growled as Lugnut's punch hit it... and was pushed backwards as the force proved far larger than what a normal punch would feel.

The Skyboom Shield would hold if he put more energy into it, but...

But there was still Megatron.

Sentinel deactivated the Skyboom Shield, allowing the energy to dissipate as he spun to the side to allow Lugnut's fist to sail through him, and then attempted to slash Lugnut in the side as he did so.

Skies Above the Senate

"He looks threatening for sure, Star-boss." Skywarp replied as he continued to open fire at Ultra Magnus.

South-East Border

The Vehicons circled the air above Terabolt, but eventually decided to circle back towards the burning city, seemingly abandoning the rescue attempt at Scorponok in the process.

Old 2014-07-16, 05:29 PM   #176
Aero Blade

Somewhere in subspace

War Academy

Yoketron used his smaller frame to his advantage, moving about as Predacon tried to pummel him. Blows came all around the elder Temple Knight, glancing his armor or missing all together, until one came at just the right moment to hit him squarely in the chest. Much lighter than the opponents Predacon was used to dealing with, instead of smashing the other mech it would knock Yoketron backwards, sending him tumbling.

The elder Knight was undeterred, though, using the momentum to roll to his hands and spring back off the ground. In the same motion he summoned more throwing stars and flung them at Predacon at close range as he sprang away from him.

Iacon Streets

Dirge had been about to retort Ramjet again when he would realize something was missing from the scene - the Autobots.

With all the banter going between the two of them, their playthings had wandered off, probably taking the opportunity presented by the bickering to scamper off like cowards. It made Dirge even more irritated.

"Forget about your lousy headache, crash-dummy! Our Autobots escaped!"

South-East Border

Spying the Vehicons seeming to change their mind about their rescue mission, or perhaps ordered elsewhere for a more important mission, Terabolt would slip back out of her ambush spot and transform as she walked back over to the prone Scorponok. She put a foot on the larger mech's head, not so much to step on him as it was to turn it as though to inspect his vitals briefly.

"You ain't going under here, big boy. You're gonna stand up in trial for what's gone on here," She told the unconscious form as she produced a field medkit. She was no medic, but basic field patch jobs was part of every Knight's training. She could at least get him sealed up enough to not die on the trip back.

Old 2014-07-24, 03:34 PM   #177
Blackjack
Micromaster

South-East Border

Scorponok didn't say anything in reply to Terabolt. In fact, he doesn't seem to be capable of doing so, since the inner portion of his face, surrounding his helmet, seemed to have... detached. There was a hole where his face should have been.

Scorponok's body was limp, and it was bleeding energon, but it would quickly be apparent that there was no living spark remaining there.

Old 2014-07-25, 07:28 PM   #178
Aero Blade

Somewhere in subspace

South-East Border

With no spark apparent to bother saving, Terabolt would waste little more time on the remaining body. The missing face was just a bit more than a tad creepy, but there was a battle still going on and there would be time for such grotesque mysteries later. Without even a shrug to the weird scenario, Terabolt would abandon her quarry, transforming and leaving the derelict building to head back to Prowl's location.

Old 2014-07-26, 10:27 PM   #179
LQS
Protoform

Skies above Iacon

Quick Switch had broken off the attack.

Too weak. Can't beat him. I need upgrades.

He flew over the landscape with his guns at the ready should he encounter any Decepticon activity. He opened his radio.

"Quickswitch reporting. I couldn't defeat the Decepticon weapon. Orders?"

He waited.

Old 2014-08-01, 01:42 PM   #180
Blackjack
Micromaster

Nemesis

Scorponok scampered through the Nemesis' corridors, having been brought aboard the Decepticon warship by one of the Jet Vehicons. He stopped next to the door to the medbay and laughed. He laughed for a long time.

It's just a shame that he can't see that self-righteous Templar's face when she found his body. Would it be shock? Anger?

Shame Scorponok didn't install any self-destruct mechanisms in his body. But it was general common sense not to install a bomb within your own self. Well, maybe Tarantulas or Predacon was crazy enough to do that, but Scorponok wasn't insane like them. He was more... liberated. Open-minded.

Who would've thought of the idea of downsizing his body into a smaller protoform that can transform into a head, allowing him to survive any disastrous wound to his larger body? Sure, it would probably need some work now, but whatever the case he's not a prisoner, and not dead.

Still, his role in this battle had probably came to an end until he can get to one of his spare bodies.

He peeked into the medbay, and frowned. "Anybody here?"

Iacon Walls

"Quickswitch?" Prowl called out in surprise. He clutched his chest and grunted as he stood up. "Get to the center of the town. Everything's going to hell there -- make sure Sentinel Prime doesn't die. Protect the Prime!"

Prowl growled. He turned to Terabolt. "You all right? We're- we might be losing this war."