Best way to sell my collection

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
DescepticonJon
Protoform

Best way to sell my collection

Post by DescepticonJon »

Baweepgrannaweepminibong!

Due to the responsibilities of adulthood, and an increasing amount of expenses, I have to sell off the remainder of my collection. I sold off the majority of it a few years ago, but the time has come for me to part with the rest.

My question is, what would be the best way to maximize my revenue. I mostly have g1, reissues, and alternators left. Most are loose, but I have original boxes for most of them. Problem is, I've noticed the demand has ebbed for a lot of these the past few years.

Would it be best to sell them in large lots on ebay, sell them per piece, or group like figures together in small lots. It's been awhile since I have been in the collecting game, so I'm a little rusty, and honestly I have been procrastinating due to separation anxiety but the time has come I can't hold off any longer.

All feedback would be welcome, and If anyone is looking for anything, perhaps I can help :) Thank you in advance!
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

Per piece is almost always going to get you the best price. Lots will turn away buyers who are looking for just one piece, or will bring the price of the best piece and the others turn into throw-ins.

If you can, wait until the next movie comes out. Prices and demand will almost certainly go up.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Notabot wrote:If you can, wait until the next movie comes out. Prices and demand will almost certainly go up.
Bingo!

And the only reason to group things together is to get rid of an unsellable figure, like ROTF deluxe Mudflap.
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Clay wrote:Bingo!

And the only reason to group things together is to get rid of an unsellable figure, like ROTF deluxe Mudflap.
Exactly.

And if you can get a list, I might have an interest in those alternators.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Aero Blade wrote:Exactly.

And if you can get a list, I might have an interest in those alternators.
Which Alternators are you looking for? I have spares of a few if he doesn't.
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

There isn't any ones in particular I'm looking for, but I am interested in expanding my collection with more alternators and they're frustratingly difficult but satisfying to solve transformations (Alternators Smokescreen is the only one to defeat me so far and force me to look at the instructions ;) )

If I know what you guys have, you've got a strong chance of an impulse buy so long as they'll look respectable with my other guys :)
usman125
Protoform

Post by usman125 »

Would it be best to sell them in large lots on ebay, sell them per piece, or group like figures together in small lots. It's been awhile since I have been in the collecting game, so I'm a little rusty, and honestly I have been procrastinating due to separation anxiety but the time has c
uxman