• transformers live-action movies
  • transformers fandom
  • transformers forum

Go Back   TFARCHIVE > TRANSFORMERS > Transformers Media & Fandom > New Comics

Old 2013-11-20, 08:28 PM   #41
Rack 'n Ruin
Unregistered User

Debris, UK

I'll wait to see what people think of Dark Cybertron after it has got going properly, but currently I feel no urge to buy it. In fact, I'm hoping that it leaves MTMTE largely unaffected so I can ignore DC and when it is over I can simply pick up MTMTE again. I think RID is for the chop (for me). How can a comic featuring Prowl, Wheeljack, Soundwave & Shockwave be SO dull? Unbelievable.

Wreck and Rule!
Rack 'n Ruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-20, 08:54 PM   #42
Knightdramon
Primus

York, UK

Not a bad issue. Outside of the guy who did the RID segments, who draws in a very, very basic manner, I *LOVED* the art in this issue.

I liked Raiz way before it became "cool" to criticize him. His Magnus is possibly my favourite rendition. Yes, his drawing style isn't for everybody, as it makes the bots ridiculously big, brawny and menacing, but for the bots it goes well with, its amazing.

A bit miffed about Nightbeat--it's only one panel or something and we have no clue what it means, but it certainly seems like a "hasbro is making a nightbeat toy finally, and they want it in the comics NOW".

Which is odd---pretty much every character that had a cameo or was mentionned in the RID and MTMTE flashbacks turns up alive and well later on.

Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
Knightdramon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-20, 11:24 PM   #43
Terome
Indigent

Brighton

I'm souring. Aside from the scene in Swerve's there's not much to like. Though I quite like Scoop's character, the cod-Bible verses from The Covenant of Primes was bottom of the barrel material.

What on earth was the point of another big chunk of space being devoted to Starscream walking through a door?

I guess the time-travel angle on Nova Prime was off.

Did I miss something on the 'forcefield generator in one hand and THAT in the other' line? He didn't have anything, right?

I can't muster up much of an opinion on Nightbeat. It's dumb as hell but as Dalek says he will end up on the Lost Light and once Dark Cybertron is a distant memory he will probably be a good character to have around. As there's a chance that Cyclonus will not be surviving this, Nightbeat may serve as the resident Dead Universe Guy after him.

As an aside, the casting of David Sobolov as Shockwave in Transformers: Prime was pretty canny, to my mind. I don't 'hear' many characters in any particular voice but his Shockwave fits quite nicely for all of his lines.

Terome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-20, 11:43 PM   #44
Red Dave Prime
Assistant Comic Reviewer

Ireland

I'm ok with most of this, but there still isn't a hook for the story just yet. Its possible that they have left it too long in the set-up and there will be no big reveal or event to really grab me in. At present, until Shockwaves / novas full plan is clearly revealed its hard to feel any major urge to see how this all plays out. All I know is Shockwave is doing... something. And it involves the Dead Universe.... somehow. And there is a big Titan standing around on Cybertron doing nothing. (Just out of curiosity, remember at the end of issue 18 or 19, Bumblebee and his Crew say Shockwave against a blazing sun on the horizon and Arcee was all Jhiaxus crazy? What happened to that? )

That said, its an ok read. There's just a lack of excitement for my part at the moment I'm really just looking forward to MTMTE getting back to what it does best - irrelevant scenes in swerves bar.

Red Dave Prime is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-21, 07:02 AM   #45
inflatable dalek
Duke of Kidderminster

Kidderminster UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terome View Post
I'm souring. Aside from the scene in Swerve's there's not much to like. Though I quite like Scoop's character, the cod-Bible verses from The Covenant of Primes was bottom of the barrel material.
I found the CoP thing slightly odd (not in a bad way as such as it's such a small thing) in that they bring in a big honking reference from the past but slightly change the name for no readily apparent reason, The Covenant of Primes brings back memories of Eremite Xeon from The War Within.

The wiki suggests they didn't go for Primus as he's not widely worshipped in the IDW Universe, but considering this is established as an obscure cult I don't see what difference that would have made (especially as Primus is namechecked in the same scene).

What is odd is that the third cover suggests this is going to be the the pack in toy with Scoop, I'd have thought his previous issue would have been the better one to go for, "Hey kids, your new toy is robot Ian Paisley!" isn't the biggest sell.

What might be nice, is if Shockwave's head (and by extension all victims of the big E) was deliberately designed to look like the Evil One from this old prophecy as part making him look like a freak to the rest of society. So it's a self fulfilling thing.

Quote:
What on earth was the point of another big chunk of space being devoted to Starscream walking through a door?
Hey, for the second issue in a row that didn't even click until you said it, perhaps I just have a Armada Starscream Splash Page Blind Spot?

Quote:
I guess the time-travel angle on Nova Prime was off.
I did like the "Oh no, we're good friends really... shut up shit face!" bit, if they're going to sweep all that under the carpet at least they did it with a nice gag (which rings enough of a bell to feel like a direct homage to something but I can't place it...).

It did mean I totally misread the end of the last issue though as I thought Galvatron was supposed to be in charge and Shockwave was expecting both of them.

Quote:
I can't muster up much of an opinion on Nightbeat. It's dumb as hell but as Dalek says he will end up on the Lost Light and once Dark Cybertron is a distant memory he will probably be a good character to have around. As there's a chance that Cyclonus will not be surviving this, Nightbeat may serve as the resident Dead Universe Guy after him.
I think what didn't help was that if not for the distinctive chest and colours (well, and the fact it was inevitable. Why do they call this place the Dead Universe anyway? Between Nightbeat, Hardhead, Kup [apparently], Nova Prime, Galvatron and Jhiaxus it's more like the Life Universe) I'd have not recognised that as Nightbeat.

I do like Livio's stuff, and he did have good fun with Optimus Prime vs. SPACE SLUGS, but his Hardhead was a bit odd as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Dave Prime View Post
(Just out of curiosity, remember at the end of issue 18 or 19, Bumblebee and his Crew say Shockwave against a blazing sun on the horizon and Arcee was all Jhiaxus crazy? What happened to that? )
Well, the obvious explanation for that is

SHUT UP AND DON'T QUESTION.

inflatable dalek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-21, 10:23 AM   #46
Terome
Indigent

Brighton

Quote:
Dalek: What might be nice, is if Shockwave's head (and by extension all victims of the big E) was deliberately designed to look like the Evil One from this old prophecy as part making him look like a freak to the rest of society. So it's a self fulfilling thing.
Mmm, like giving someone devil horns or making them wear a scold. I'd also think that someone like Starscream would have deliberately chosen his name from the robot equivalent of Revelations. Like those dozens of street kid gangs from the 70s calling themselves 'Little Satan.'

Would have been neat for it to be The Covenant of Primacron just to mess with people.

Quote:
It did mean I totally misread the end of the last issue though as I thought Galvatron was supposed to be in charge and Shockwave was expecting both of them.
I've seen that misreading in a few places. It was quite a mealy-mouthed speech bubble.

Quote:
the third cover suggests this is going to be the the pack in toy with Scoop, I'd have thought his previous issue would have been the better one to go for, "Hey kids, your new toy is robot Ian Paisley!" isn't the biggest sell.
I'd have thought that Three Monologues story where Scoop fixes the blackout would be the best bet for a pack-in. I reread that issue the other day, thought it was pretty good on its own merits. Would work as a Rattrap issue too. Is the idea then for all pack-in comics this year to be Dark Cybertron ones?

Quote:
Red Dave Prime: (Just out of curiosity, remember at the end of issue 18 or 19, Bumblebee and his Crew say Shockwave against a blazing sun on the horizon and Arcee was all Jhiaxus crazy? What happened to that? )
Ooooh yeah. Shockwave was walking out of the sunset wasn't he? Maybe that is Yet To Come?

Quote:
All I know is Shockwave is doing... something. And it involves the Dead Universe.... somehow.
Yeah. And we've known that Shockwave is doing... something since that quite embarrassing issue of Robots In Disguise which must have come out at least twenty years ago. We've known that it must involve a Titan since Spotlight: Trailcutter. We've not known that Nova Prime was directly involved for long but there's no forward motion on that here.

Old 2013-11-22, 12:59 AM   #47
Summerhayes
always late to the party

Somerset, England.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terome View Post

Did I miss something on the 'forcefield generator in one hand and THAT in the other' line? He didn't have anything, right?
I think that's what he meant; he didn't have anything special that makes him a leader.

Overall- not terrible, but it's definitely a case of this dragging MTMTE down rather than lifting RiD up.

Still alive, I'm just bad at keeping up with forums.
You can read my articles and reviews at gintendo.co.uk but I wouldn't bother if I were you.
Summerhayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-22, 03:15 PM   #48
Red Dave Prime
Assistant Comic Reviewer

Ireland

Glad I wasnt to only one to misread the speecg at the end of issue 1 - genuinely thought galvatron was the one shockers was calling leader.

Old 2013-11-22, 04:55 PM   #49
Terome
Indigent

Brighton

Quote:
Summerhayes: I think that's what he meant; he didn't have anything special that makes him a leader.

Overall- not terrible, but it's definitely a case of this dragging MTMTE down rather than lifting RiD up.
Ah okay. Figure of speech and such. Have to say that Riaz's choice of angle there was less than ideal.

Old 2013-11-26, 05:17 PM   #50
Terome
Indigent

Brighton

Full preview up.

Along with a full preview of Regeneration One 96.

Quite like Soundwave calmly shooting the piss out of Slag while telling Bumblebee that he is worthless. That's how you parlay.
Small niggle - between Arcee, Ironhide and the Dinobots shouldn't the Autobots be wiping the floor with the Decepticons? I know, I know.

We get a weird repeat of Starscream's Issue of Monologuing to People In Various States of Distress. The stunning reveal is that you could have covered all that ground in two pages. I kid, I quite liked that issue.

If Regeneration One had started off with that scene I think we'd all be a lot warmer to it. Guido is absolutely slaughtering it and between the art and the suddenly effective dialogue it really does seem like they have genuinely all gone to hell. Think I'll give it a look in this week.

Old 2013-11-27, 09:06 PM   #51
inflatable dalek
Duke of Kidderminster

Kidderminster UK
Smile

OUT NOW AND READ SPOILERS FOLLOW

As there actually are some potential spoilers this week as, after all the set up, the plot finally kicks into gear. It's still slightly sluggish but it feels like we're going somewhere now and the advantage of two years in Iacon is seeing it totally wrecked is actually quite affecting.

It was also finally nice to see someone snap at Bumblebee's leadership, it's a shame it was the one guy with an ulterior motive and in the end it's inevitable Bee will be vindicated (and fair enough, "Shoot first" isn't a very Autobot philosophy), but hopefully after this is all over the other Autobots will drop him down a deep dark hole somewhere and put someone more competent in charge.

Pleanty to chose from there.

And also: THUMB QUEST. I nice subversion of expectations over who the "Old friend" mentioned in the solicitations would be, and there's some interesting potential in the underwater-robot-action stuff. If there's a small niggle, is Magnus really not used to taking charge of things? He never seemed to be indecisive back in Wreckers when he was giving orders and sending folks on missions.

Scoop continues to be of interest, and the idea of Starscream having his own Starscream now he's leader is also a good one. But Screamer himself continues to be odd, "Yeah, I'll just go chat to this giant monster without any of the guns I picked up last issue, what can go wrong?"

I now await Terome pointing out the 50 pointless Starscream splash pages I've managed to miss.

Oh look, Metalhawk. Can't anyone just stay dead in this series? It'll be interesting to see if the Ore EVIL has possessed him or if he's genuinely thought "Ah **** it". He did seem remarkably well informed on events he's missed so it's presumably the former.

On a more general note, DC seems to have lost us a fair few of our regular readers, at least on this site. Is the crossover shaping up to be a bad idea? Even if it's brought in new readers that might not make up for the ones it's lost.

inflatable dalek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-27, 09:45 PM   #52
Skyquake87
One with the Matrix

i'm following DC! Its just i usually get my TF comics a few days to a week after release, by which time better minds have pretty much said things i've been thinking.

Today is one of those rare occasions where I'm up to speed.

My problem is, this is just not interesting. The Dead Universe stuff is just shite. I'm sorry, it was a f**king awful idea and the only reason Furman trotted it out for Transformers was 'cos no one read Necrowar and he seems very fond of reusing great ideas that were a) used for other sources that no one read and he feels need to give 'wider exposure' to or b) from things that got cancelled (much as it pains me to admit it, Death's Head's origin story 'The Body In Question' was originally intended for #11 - 12 of his own series. See also Beast Wars). IDW really should have learnt from Heart Of Darkness and the D-Void crap at the end of the Costa run that its a big steaming heap of poo. Why they thought this would be a good idea to bring in new readers when no one has a good word to say about it first time around is just perplexing.

I just can't get into it and why is Universal entopy or whatever so appealing to a logical mind like Shockwave's - or bad guys in general? Is this really what he's been working towards? Really? All that science and scheming and mucking about so everything will turn to dust? Why, what's the point? So he can be the ruler of blackened ball of ash? Whats so glorious about everyone having a 'living death'? or whatever?

On top of that, I can't stand the 'pimp the new toy' change to character designs. Hasbro mandated or not, its distracting and unnecessary. Its like the Doctor regenerating every time he shows up. Goldbumblebugbee looks terrible, a piss poor mish mash of three different versions of an insufferable character whom really didn't need another sodding toy.

And the Beast Wars characters. Sigh. What is Rattrap there for? He just asks questions and seems to be around so Starscream doesn't have to monologue.

I think I've remembered why I stopped buying RID. It just makes me angry, and worst of all, sad.

I'm sure Transformers comics were once better than this. Even Roberts seems to be struggling to bring any enthusiasm to this 'event'. The last issue of MTMTE wasn't up to his usual standards, and honestly, it just feels like he's putting words to a Barber plot.

Using three different artists with wildly contrasting styles in the space of one 22 page comic isn't helpful either. Were one being charitable, you could put it down to a smart editorial decision to signpost which bit of the story you're reading now. But it just seems a bit patronising.

The sooner we get back to regular hijinks amongst the Lost Light, the better. RID can f**k off and carry on exploring the complexities of its own arsehole and appealing to the sort of navel gazers that enjoy having everything spelled out for them.

My, I am very sweary today.

In other news, I read Rick Remender's first issue of Black Science which is bloody ace and cheery silly oddball sci-fi and I recommend this to you all. its better than this rubbish by a country mile.

Skyquake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-27, 09:48 PM   #53
Warcry
Likes Beast Wars toys. A lot.

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by inflatable dalek View Post
On a more general note, DC seems to have lost us a fair few of our regular readers, at least on this site. Is the crossover shaping up to be a bad idea? Even if it's brought in new readers that might not make up for the ones it's lost.
The impression I get from reading multiple boards it doesn't seem like anyone is actually enthusiastic about the crossover. Optimistic people seem to be treating it as something to be ignored and maybe, if it has good feedback, read in one go once it's done. Pessimistic ones seem to be saying "I just hope this crap doesn't kill off/write out anyone interesting from MTMTE". The general indifference toward it seems to be more like what you'd expect for Infestation or Heart of Darkness than the main book.

I find myself somewhere in between. I read the first two issues and couldn't even think of a smart-assed remark to post about them here, because I forgot what was in them as soon as I'd finished reading. I'm not even going to bother reading this one, because I don't care about IDW Shockwave or the Dead Universe and have no interest at all in seeing old territory retreated for the third time in a decade.

I might read it at the end if it sounds interesting, and I'll probably pick up MTMTE after this is over with if the entire premise hasn't been undermined by a silly crossover to tie up loose ends that nobody but John Barber cares about, but for Dark Cybertron itself I'm out.

Warcry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-27, 10:04 PM   #54
Terome
Indigent

Brighton

Quote:
Dalek: I now await Terome pointing out the 50 pointless Starscream splash pages I've managed to miss.
They've helpfully put one on the cover for you to spot.

Old 2013-11-28, 01:07 AM   #55
Unicron
Time for plan bee-weeoop

Quote:
Originally Posted by inflatable dalek View Post
Not that I would call myself a regular reader but I wouldn't say this crossover has 'lost me'. I never really planned to pick it up in the first place, except maybe in trade form when they're available, depending on things.

This crossover seemed like a bad idea from the start. There was no way RID was going to rise to MTMTE's level, unless they handed Roberts full run on both books. And even then it would have been a tall order. As the build-up occured, stuff got previewed, etc., I've reached the opinion that the best we can hope for now is that MTMTE doesn't get dragged down too far.
That and maybe we can get some interesting roster shake-up* out of this. Things like the return of Nightbeat and Kup, some of the Lost Light crew deciding to stay on Cybertron, some of the current Cybertron group deciding to leave with them, maybe even some Decepticons opting to join up.

*Not that MTMTE needs a shake-up. I mean the Lost Light has 200-odd crew and we've only gotten serious use out of what, maybe 1/8 of them? Should be pleanty of material to mine there without needing to add more or switch people out. Though the ship really could use some Decepticons, for the alternate viewpoint.

Unicron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-28, 04:49 AM   #56
Red Dave Prime
Assistant Comic Reviewer

Ireland

I've kept buying but I havent been engrossed in Dark Cybertron as I was with the 3 main arcs of MTMTE in Truth. Shadowplay, Remain in Light and the Overlord run were all much more interesting and exciting. Its not that Dark Cybertron is bad per se - its not and its not as predictable so far as I would have feared - but I dont have near the same attachment to the characters involved. I dont think barber has built up his cast nearly as well and we also have quite a few new faces (well, new in so far as the the last 2 years).

The best example is the reappearance of Nova and Galvatron. If you are a new reader (lets say you jumped on at the preludes) you may well be wondering who both these geezers are and why the Big Villain who we all expected to take centre stage is bowing down to them at the very start of the story. If you are a regular / veteran of the series you may ask yourself various head scratchers like were these 2 not dead already, didnt Galvatron kill Nova Prime, how does Shockwaves plan involve freeing 2 people who for all he has known were dead, and also wasn't he a very different transformer (pre-shadowplay) at the time of Nova and most glaring for me - does it seem remotely in character, pre or post shadowplay, for Shockwave to be subservient to anyone?

There's other niggles here. We get a lot of focus on brand new characters like Rat trap and Scoop. Not that they are bad characters but why weren't they introduced more gradually during RiD? Surely instead of Sharkbite, we could have gotten Rat Trap?

Some continuity stuff also rears its head where it really shouldn't. The lack of any follow up to the killswitch of MTMTE is a missed opportunity. Shockwaves appearance at the sunset why back a few issues also looks to be dropped. Shockwave having such problem building a space bridge and then needing the one contained in Megatron... which he built. There's nothing drastically shattering here but it doesnt help matters. At this point Barber and Roberts are working on 2 years worth of set-up. By this point after 20+ issues of each comic, plus 6 spotlights and 2 annuals any kinks left over from Costa or Furman should have been ironed out or discarded by now.

All of these things help give Dark Cybertron the feeling of a movie of a well-loved tv show. New characters are introduced and certain main players are left out to facility the Big Event storyline. Characters change their motives and mannerisms slightly to help keep things running smoothly.

I dunno, I'm not hating this but I feel its not going to lead anywhere really brilliant. Funny to think that this 12 parter has supposodly been the endgame that we were always heading for, yet it doesnt seem to have as much care and attention to detail that Remain in Light had. Whether you liked that particular story or not, everything did flow into it and as such it felt like it was always the story Roberts was aiming for. I'm not sure the two writers would say the same thing about this.

Still, only a quarter of the way through. Plenty of time to be blown away.

Old 2013-11-28, 05:13 PM   #57
Terome
Indigent

Brighton

Quote:
Red Dave Prime: Its not that Dark Cybertron is bad per se - its not and its not as predictable so far as I would have feared - but I dont have near the same attachment to the characters involved. I dont think barber has built up his cast nearly as well and we also have quite a few new faces (well, new in so far as the the last 2 years).
Mmm. The Bible Code guff bordered on distasteful but I think I agree with you. You might have nailed it with the Serenity / Firefly vibe.

I've been thinking about the multiple artist thing. I can understand the reasons for doing it (toy pack-ins) but I have a hunch that it may be attracting some of the more oddly emotional criticism. Having each location broken up by art styles makes it very easy to regard the thing as a collection of bits. It invites you to play the 'who wrote this' guessing game (which is useless when Barber has been the editor of MTMTE all along) and also the urge to pick favourites. It's easier to say 'I like the Lost Light bits' when they are signposted by James Riaz. It's easy to pick apart the characterisation of Starscream when he's drawn a bit off-model. It is messing with people's heads and I think is confusing the readership a bit more than you'd rationally expect.

Actually, I'd like to see the numbers on complaints of out-of-character moments stacked against artists who drew those characters. It's not just a case of being off-model or differently proportioned, the artist who draws a character also acts as that character. Characterisation is a thin enough illusion without that sort of assault every few pages.

But anyway, there were some spoonfuls of good stuff in this issue - Brainstorm, Ultra Magnus, Rattrap and Perceptor all shone through. Whenever I think I have a handle on Starscream he acts up - which might be deliberate but isn't terrbily entertaining. The Shockwave plot is getting sillier by the page and I can't believe I'd forgotten that of course Metroplex is going to be an integral part of what's to come.

Quote:
There's other niggles here. We get a lot of focus on brand new characters like Rat trap and Scoop. Not that they are bad characters but why weren't they introduced more gradually during RiD? Surely instead of Sharkbite, we could have gotten Rat Trap?
That's a good point - Sky Byte really served two functions: to give us an outsider's view of the status quo and to mention that the Constructicons were really bad news. Rattrap could have done all of that without too many necessary alterations and wouldn't serve to undercut the DJD a little bit more. I suppose that there are various reasons why Rattrap wasn't on the table back then but it would have been a nice way to integrate the character more smoothly. Though rumour is that Sky Byte's getting a new toy soon so who knows what's in store?

Quote:
If you are a new reader (lets say you jumped on at the preludes) you may well be wondering who both these geezers are and why the Big Villain who we all expected to take centre stage is bowing down to them at the very start of the story.
I know what you're getting at but this might be a bad example - Galvatron has to be one of the more famous Transformers and the Prime title should be enough to suggest that Nova is a big deal. The biggest confusion there would be why Galvatron is not the one in charge and even those who follow IDW are having trouble with that one thanks to Shockwave's obtuse phrasing.

Quote:
Dalek: If there's a small niggle, is Magnus really not used to taking charge of things? He never seemed to be indecisive back in Wreckers when he was giving orders and sending folks on missions.
Oh yeah, had forgotten that. It can be reasoned away by recent events rattling him. There's an interesting thread in that previous Ultra Magni were quite keen and capable of leading so now that Minimus has been exposed he's more willing to show his vulnerability at being uncomfortable in the role.

Old 2013-11-28, 07:18 PM   #58
Knightdramon
Primus

York, UK

Interesting issue. I'm one of the few who enjoys the crossover appeal, even though technically the two books haven't intertwined yet. The only contact is Orion with The lost light, which both were drifting, and Starscream communicating with Rodimus via a screen.

As far as I know, Bumblebee still does not know that Rodimus is alive.

Some things make sense and some don't. The things that don't make sense largely have to do with the toy shoe-horning. Judging on the RI cover, this is Skywarp's issue. The same Skywarp, who one or two issues ago was said to be in a weird situation "have you seen skywarp's state?" or something. A very interesting thing to do would be to have him be stuck mid-teleportation [sort of like energon starscream].

Things that don't make sense---Rattrap's role, Scoop's role [both toy tie-ins], Starscream [in one issue he spent an amount of time getting geared up for battle with state of the art autobot weapons--very next issue, he goes to speak to the titan alone and unarmed]. Or how he also goes from not caring about the neutrals to flying and trying to stop, single handedly, a wave of light thrown at them.

Though to be honest, that was a heart-warming and kickass scene.

Speaking of wasted potential/things...seriously, the pay-off to the "sunset" depicted in issue 18, almost half a year ago...was to have a zombie titan stand perfectly still for 3/4 issues, and unleash a necro-wave once Starscream triggered a reaction?

I liked Prowl. I loved Prowl. It's as if Barber suddenly decided to give him the voice of the majority of readers when talking to Bumblebee. I know that Bumblebee means well. But can somebody just shoot him to death and be done with it?

Still making no sense from Nova/Galvatron. Galvatron shot and actively tried to kill Nova twice thus far, and Nova just brushes it aside and they team up? And what is with the DU people just not dying at all? If Cyclonus was made "mortal" by the chaos thing, shouldn't at the very least Galvatron be mortal still?

Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
Knightdramon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-29, 05:23 PM   #59
zigzagger
There ain't no Sanity Clause

Default Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye #24

Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye #24: Dark Cybertron Part 4 (of 12) three-page preview @ Full Metal Hero.

Full preview due sometime closer to the release date. Stay Tuned.

zigzagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-29, 05:39 PM   #60
Auntie Slag
Satisfaction guaranteed !

Cambridge, UK
Angry

Goddamnit, lots of sparky dialogue and Nick Roche on drawing duties... I really regret ducking out of MTMTE until issue 27. Hopefully Dark Cybertron will be nicely bound together in a TPB or two (probably two knowing the number of issues). I've already missed the RID part so I'm stuck in my Star Trek-style holding pattern.

Mainframe's the ugliest transformer I've seen since Blot's alt-mode.

Auntie Slag is offline   Reply With Quote