Shooty Dog Thing

UK

http://www.themarysue.com/windblade-...rghread-scott/

Denyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-09, 06:02 PM   #42
Terome
Indigent

Brighton

I quite like those character designs. Starscream has never looked better, in my opinion.

So it looks as though enough hints have been dropped: Windblade and co. are likely to be newborns or non-Cybertronians. Hopefully this means that they will be able to ask questions in the manner of Tailgate about more interesting things than 'who is in charge' that we can enjoy unpacking.

Terome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-09, 07:12 PM   #43
inflatable dalek
Duke of Kidderminster

Kidderminster UK
Smile

Considering the IDW Transformers have a serious problem with most (all) of their procreation methods having been lost or destroyed, I wonder if mad old Alpha Trion has come up with a new way to create Transformers and thus keep the race going that just happens to include gender as a side effect?

inflatable dalek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-09, 07:19 PM   #44
Terome
Indigent

Brighton

Quote:
Originally Posted by inflatable dalek View Post
Considering the IDW Transformers have a serious problem with most (all) of their procreation methods having been lost or destroyed, I wonder if mad old Alpha Trion has come up with a new way to create Transformers and thus keep the race going that just happens to include gender as a side effect?
That sounds as plausible as anything. Maybe Windblade and co. are hybrids with some other mechanical race that had gender as standard? That was a plot point for a Transformery race called the Mmrnmhrm in Star Control 2, for anyone who would recognise such a reference.

Terome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-10, 03:29 AM   #45
Kungfu Dinobot
Autobot Concubine

Former British Colony

I'll be honest, I'm pretty fond of riot-cop Chromia.

Kungfu Dinobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-10, 02:00 PM   #46
Red Dave Prime
Assistant Comic Reviewer

Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by inflatable dalek View Post
I like this idea and it could lead to some intresting plot lines as the cybertronians adjust to the new status quo.

Of course, it would take away some of the charm of the Dome/rewind and cyclonus/tailgate relationships. I like the idea of robots being asexual but sentient enough to need and desire long term companionship.

Red Dave Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-10, 08:51 PM   #47
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK

Makes complete sense that Cybertronians will take aspects of organic culture for a spin, whether it's their vehicles, media or body shells and pronouns, etc, etc. -- but mixing in binary gender roles, and particularly reproductive analogues, is likely to lead to crap writing even if one or two writers can be trusted to make something of it other than stereotypes.

By this point I'm following writers rather than IDW continuity, which as a whole hasn't been salvageable for years now. Dark Cybertron is a muddy soup as to who actually came up with what.

Denyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-13, 03:51 AM   #48
Kungfu Dinobot
Autobot Concubine

Former British Colony

On the topic of Windblade, she doesn't sound like a terrible character, but then the competition is pre-propaganda-officer'd Drift, so there isn't much to brag about. At least Scott isn't telling us she's a three-sworded Buddha (oxymoron, I know) who hangs out with the biggest baddest Autobots because she's SOOOOOOOOO AWESUM LOL!

Last edited by Cliffjumper; 2014-02-13 at 10:04 AM. Reason: What did we tell you specifically regarding bitching about other boards?
Kungfu Dinobot is offline   Reply With Quote