G1 Predaking's limbs

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Rack 'n Ruin

G1 Predaking's limbs

Post by Rack 'n Ruin »

As far as I can tell, G1 Predaking's limbs are not completely interchangable. Headstrong & Tantrum always form the legs, and Divebomb and Rampage always form the arms. However, which way round do they go? They are shown in different configuraions depending oin which media you look at.

In your opinion, which if the definitive arrangement?

(I only ask because something just seems off with my Kreo Predaking and I can't put my finger on what. And yes, I have built Rampage in already!)
Wreck and Rule!
Tantrum
Custom Title: Systems Analyst

Post by Tantrum »

I put Rampage and Tantrum on Predaking's right, Divebomb and Headstrong on his left. I've seen the arms switched, but not the legs. I remember Divebomb being on the left from before I even had the toy. I was studying the catalog picture, trying to figure out what part had been removed and replaced, the lion head or eagle wings. Of course, that's a 25 year old memory, so it may not be accurate.

The Kreon Predaking never looks exactly right, because they switched Tantrum and Headstrong's torso colors. So, you can have Predaking's orange and yellow legs where you think they should be, or have the decos where you think they should be, but not both.

I'm kind of curious how Rampage works in there. My favorite thing about the Predaking kit is how all 5 members are implied, with Divebomb's tail forming Tantrum's horns and Tantrum's head forming Rampage's head. I'm assuming you used Rampage's head on one of Predaking's knees, but wouldn't you then need a 6th head for symmetry?
Alleged "poems"
that don't follow a rhyme scheme
are not poetry