• transformers cartoon
  • transformers live-action movies
  • transformers fandom
  • transformers forum

Go Back   TFARCHIVE > TRANSFORMERS > Transformers Media & Fandom

Old 2015-02-17, 09:58 AM   #221
Skyquake87
One with the Matrix

I'm out as well. Girlfriend wants to do some battle of the bands thing we did last year which, hot on the heels of AA, I found a bit of a stretch.

Skyquake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-17, 01:28 PM   #222
Ryan F
hunts pandas for lolz

Bah! You all suck, what with your commitments and families and stuff getting in the way of the really important things in life, i.e. plastic toys.

I sometimes wonder if people have their priorities right...

Ryan F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-17, 07:52 PM   #223
Knightdramon
Primus

York, UK

to be fair, last year's AA sucked a bit too much for me [as I've made clear in my comments so far] to spend cash on that again.

2.5 hours of uncomfortable train journey either way to get about 3 hours of proper convention time each way and then spend the time in-between counting my pennies for the 5 pound cappuccino, 12-14 pounds fish n chip or anything else and not even getting that great a selection of figures is a bit too much for me

The high point of last year was that we were a substantial group of amazing people, but we can [and should] organize a day/weekend out or whatever, since the overwhelming majority of us are in the same country.

Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
Knightdramon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-17, 08:57 PM   #224
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK

Will probably go if there are rooms available by April (i.e. have decided to give current job another year) and/or there are day tickets. Can ignore the venue, general attitude towards day attendees and blog drama to just turn up and chill, and maybe snag some art and impulse 3P stuff.

Denyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-17, 09:07 PM   #225
inflatable dalek
Duke of Kidderminster

Kidderminster UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warcry View Post
Yeah, we're out too.

Taking a one month old on a trans-Atlantic flight doesn't sound like much fun. Neither does wandering around a convention with said one month old, or stopping every thirty minutes so my wife can feed it.

One day, though. I hope.

Yeah, imagine the screaming, shitting and sucking on giant lactating nipples.

And your baby would probably be behaving in a similar way to the attendees as well.

Ah, see what I did there? And then I got off the bus.

What this means is Ryan and I (and possibly Denyer. Especially Denyer, if you haven't met him he's a Brian Blessed style loud shouty angry man) can sit around and have a good ol' bitch about the rest of you.

inflatable dalek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-18, 02:43 AM   #226
Sades
Ms. Snarkypants

In a hut by a river on top of a big ol hill.
Thumbs up

If these get-togethers are nothing but glorified hen sessions then I think I'm just going to ****ing stay home forever, because I hate that shit.

This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Sades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-18, 09:14 PM   #227
inflatable dalek
Duke of Kidderminster

Kidderminster UK
Talking

If the hen parties you go to are all about screaming, shitting and sucking on giant lactating nipples sign me up for one!

If people do want to meet up outside of AA (and how feasible that is when Denyer and I basically live on top of each other and have only managed to meet outside of a convention once in 11 years) and happens to be both free and down south in March, I will be in London on the 25th-27th, celebrating the tenth anniversary of the return of Doctor Who in the middle of those days by sitting in Trafalgar Square and thinking of snogging Billie Piper.

It'd be really great to see anyone around then, as I'd really like someone to help me achieve a lifetime's ambition by taking a photo of me next to the George Lazenby Lamp Post on the Embankment (if you've ever seen one of his Bond promotional pictures, you'll know the one).

I suspect Knightdramon mainly wants us all to go to York, and ideally to his house as well .

Old 2015-02-18, 11:43 PM   #228
Sades
Ms. Snarkypants

Smile

On a somewhat AA related note, in case someone was wondering- coasters still on hold. The stuff I need to seal them with is a bit fume-y, I've a small apartment so I'm waiting for it to warm up a bit before I tackle that aspect. I'm also procrastinating because that's what I do. Eventually though, there will be a moment where I'll suddenly finish several things at once within the span of a week and the coasters will be one of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by inflatable dalek View Post
can sit around and have a good ol' bitch about the rest of you.
^ Since you seem to have missed it. /bitchin'fuel

This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Old 2015-02-19, 07:49 AM   #229
inflatable dalek
Duke of Kidderminster

Kidderminster UK
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sades View Post
^ Since you seem to have missed it. /bitchin'fuel
I know what you meant, I just prefer my version.

Speaking of kids, I have a sobering conversation at work last night with an expectant father where we both realised that his sprog, and any starting to be born around this time, are where we're getting into the territory of people really likely to live into the 22nd century. They'll only be 85.

Old 2015-02-20, 08:50 PM   #230
Knightdramon
Primus

York, UK

LOL no point in getting everybody up to York, but London is an expensive place to get to from up here.

Leeds [Skyquake is also near there] and Sheffield are good, semi-central choices as well.

My house ain't big enough for all of us I'm afraid

Old 2015-02-20, 09:29 PM   #231
numbat
Legends Class

Scotland, UK

I'd come down to York.

You should all come up to Scotland. I could fit a fair few in my house. Bet my wife would love the place to be invaded by other people who share her husband's rare form of mental illness...

I'd really like to go to AA, but have no idea if I can commit the time just now. August is still within the realms of the busy season for my work, and I don't know what the plans are for family holidays yet. But if I can, I will try.

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
numbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-25, 08:47 PM   #232
Ryan F
hunts pandas for lolz

I'm based in Essex, but if we can make it worth doing (i.e. give me some advance warning, make a weekend of it and I can get train tickets and hotel for reasonable amounts) then I'm in.

Old 2015-03-17, 06:25 PM   #233
Knightdramon
Primus

York, UK

It does not have to be York specifically...Leeds is bigger and a tiiiny bit closer as well. Got enough room for one fellow on my house in such a weekend scenario.

AA news---well lo and behold, this year is their final year! Hmm...

Old 2015-03-17, 06:38 PM   #234
Sades
Ms. Snarkypants

Well I'm relieved, though Hound's going to be pissed. It sucks from an actual convention standpoint, but I go to local cons (not Transformers, granted but whatever. They're probably similar) often and the only real interest I had in going to this one (asides from poking my head into the dealer room, possibly) was meeting peeps.

TBH though if I'm going to meet peeps (eventually) I'd rather do it in a semi-peaceful, informal setting and not at a convention surrounded by hundreds of other people. Preferably during the off-season for travel (assuming there is one for air travel, I know that sort of thing applies for tourist traps but dunno about other) because I'm a cheap ****er.

We should all arrange a something at some point, if we can.

... Actually the end of that article makes it sound like it's not going away, just going away in its current form. Well, whatever happens.

Last edited by Sades; 2015-03-17 at 07:07 PM.
Old 2015-03-17, 08:04 PM   #235
Clay
"I've done better and got over it."

Murray, KY
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sades View Post
We should all arrange a something at some point, if we can.

But if we as a group wait long enough, perhaps love will kindle among the second generation of Archivers and the forum can have grandchildren.

Clay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-17, 08:38 PM   #236
Ryan F
hunts pandas for lolz

Sad news - last year was my first and it was a right laugh, it has to be said; makes me wish I had started attending earlier.

Old 2015-03-17, 09:02 PM   #237
inflatable dalek
Duke of Kidderminster

Kidderminster UK
Smile

The full press release:

http://www.autoassembly.org.uk/auto-...auto-assembly/

The end does make it sound like they're planning something, at a guess they might sell the name on (to the Roll Out Roll Call people?). I was half expecting it to move to Wales as that's where the Plumbe's live now and the Hilton has obviously been a tricky biatch this year, but outright ending it was a surprise. It's clearly too big to run on an amateur status now, and looks as if they weren't prepared to pay for more people to come aboard to help run it.

Leeds or York could be fun (though in terms of being right in the middle for everyone, Birmingham would actually be best ), we'd probably have to sort it out around the weeks I've already booked off though. FOR I AM THE IMPORTANT ONE.

Ha, as soon as I sign up for the Hilton rewards thing it turns out I'll never stay there again after this year.

Old 2015-03-17, 10:55 PM   #238
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK

My guess is it'll miss a year, and reappear at a better venue under new management.

Denyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-28, 03:34 PM   #239
inflatable dalek
Duke of Kidderminster

Kidderminster UK
Talking

As a sort of general meet up thing, Death's Head and I met up to get increasingly drunk and make increasingly poor jokes about certain paedophile former convention organisers.

Now, anyone who is Facebook friends with Death's Head will know all the pictures of him are moody, atmospheric and often black and white. A tradition I think I've held up with this stunning masterpiece of the two of us:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...9&l=19988381bf

Anyone who comes to Auto Assembly can have their photo taken with me to prove to their friends they've met me as well.

Old 2015-06-27, 10:54 AM   #240
electro girl
Tall child, holding a beer.

Robot Republic of Yorkshire.

Bit late to this party but my sports game got cancelled so I'm free for the AA weekend. Looking at train fares though it seems unlikely I'll attend and it doesn't seem worth the petrol to just drive on my own. But hey, if people are still on board with Knightdramon's idea then York Comic Con is just around the corner.

-------------------------
A Chinese cartoon where the robots turn into blingwads!
electro girl is offline   Reply With Quote