• transformers live-action movies
  • transformers fandom
  • transformers forum

Go Back   TFARCHIVE > TRANSFORMERS > Transformers Media & Fandom

Old 2015-08-07, 06:15 PM   #261
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK

Commissions closed; hope she'll have prints. Does nifty headshots.

Denyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-10, 10:46 PM   #262
Sades
Ms. Snarkypants

In a hut by a river on top of a big ol hill.

I guess this would fit here still? It's kinda related.

Supply fiasco sorted, how many coasters am I making? D is getting one whether he likes it or not ( ) , but beyond that I'm at a loss here... Dalek? Actually, you're probably samesies. So nyah.

Attached is the scan I'll be printing out to paste onto the thingers, providing our printer ink isn't dry. If it's drier than... something really dry, I hope you like the "slightly distressed" look because my efforts at removing the backing ended up being a tad distressing, har.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	315.3 KB
ID:	10812  

bookbookbookbookbookbook bookbookbookbookbookbook bookbookbookbookbookbook bookbookblaghbookbookbook bookbookbookbookbookbook bookbookbookbookbookbook bookbookbookbookbookbook bookbookbookbookbookbook bookbookbookbookbookbook
Sades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-11, 07:43 PM   #263
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK

I assume Milne's sketchbook is going to sell out immediately based on him bringing 50 copies... but he's going to do more after, so will probably turn up when I turn up...

Old 2015-08-11, 07:45 PM   #264
inflatable dalek
Duke of Kidderminster

Kidderminster UK

That's a ****ing awesome coaster.

inflatable dalek is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-11, 10:14 PM   #265
Sades
Ms. Snarkypants

In a hut by a river on top of a big ol hill.

They were pretty sweet coasters. It's a darn shame what I did to them, let me tell you.

I did it for science though. * So it's okay.

*no I didn't.

bookbookbookbookbookbook bookbookbookbookbookbook bookbookbookbookbookbook bookbookblaghbookbookbook bookbookbookbookbookbook bookbookbookbookbookbook bookbookbookbookbookbook bookbookbookbookbookbook bookbookbookbookbookbook
Sades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-12, 04:29 PM   #266
inflatable dalek
Duke of Kidderminster

Kidderminster UK
Smile

Rocking stuff.

I've gone two better than my self-made t-shirt this year, I've just ordered three self made t-shirts! Effectively one for each day of the con. Two of those lovely painted covers from near the end of the run and a bit of Geoff Senior from Target: 2006. I will be the coolest person there by a mile.

Old 2015-08-12, 08:18 PM   #267
Skyquake87
One with the Matrix

where does you get your t-shirts done? I really liked your Wanted : Galvatron one

...i think i asked this before, but i are old and rusty

Skyquake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-14, 01:52 PM   #268
inflatable dalek
Duke of Kidderminster

Kidderminster UK
Smile

Why I use spreadshirt (it's like spreadsheet, but with "Shirt" instead of "Sheet"):

http://www.spreadshirt.co.uk/

Considering it quickly became one of my standard t-shirts (much to Knightdramon's worry as I suspect he thinks I don't wash ) it's worn surprisingly well. I was half expecting it to quickly fade but a year later and a dozen or so washes and it still looks pretty good, slightly fatigued maybe but in a good way.

It's a piss easy site to use as well.

Old 2015-08-14, 06:33 PM   #269
Skyquake87
One with the Matrix

Cool beans. Thanks Mr Dalek.

Old 2015-08-16, 01:02 PM   #270
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK

Was the delivery timescale accurate? I has an idea.

Old 2015-08-16, 01:05 PM   #271
inflatable dalek
Duke of Kidderminster

Kidderminster UK
Smile

It's been dispatched but has yet to arrive, I'm assuming Monday.

Old 2015-08-16, 02:08 PM   #272
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK

Ah well, **** it... if it turns up it turns up...

Just found this. Hope she'll have copies at AA but if not it looks like there are options for older sketches. Lots of interesting stuff on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/Golby_mkII/statu...50824297897985
http://steelandstarlight.com/post/11...book-mailorder

http://i.imgur.com/J2zCAiE.jpg

Old 2015-08-17, 05:22 PM   #273
inflatable dalek
Duke of Kidderminster

Kidderminster UK
Red face

It seems Monday was overly optimistic a guess.

I think Hasbro don't know what they're letting themselves in for with THIS. Or they do and the plan is to have a good laugh once the booth is closed.

Old 2015-08-17, 07:05 PM   #274
Skyquake87
One with the Matrix

Oh I would love to be there just for that and listening to the perceived wisdom of a fandom that now expects HasTak to be turning out 3P style toys and other frothing nonsense.

I think I'd just tell them to pair back their product offering out there and focus on making one line as good as it could be. There's too much awful crap with name 'Transformers' slapped on it. That and start pinning the wheels instead of these cheap ass clip pieces of rubbish.

Old 2015-08-19, 12:34 PM   #275
inflatable dalek
Duke of Kidderminster

Kidderminster UK
Talking

The t-shirts have arrived!

I think that probably means you won't get what you've sent off for before Friday the D.

These will be the perfect thing to wear considering what the weather's like at the minute...

https://twitter.com/InflatableDalek/...76994569560064

Old 2015-08-19, 01:25 PM   #276
Brendocon 2.0
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

UK
Red face

I keep thinking I should pop along to this, but 38.00 for the opportunity to get Nick Roche to sign my face and James Roberts to sign the copy of Eugenesis I can't find is a bit hard to justify.

Brendocon 2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-19, 02:01 PM   #277
Flimflammery
Micromaster

Abingdon, UK

I was tempted to come along to this too, although it was essentially a toss-up between this and Nine Worlds in London a couple of weeks ago. I went to that in the end as I found out a close friend had decided to go.

Ah well, hopefully I'll be at future Transformers cons; at least at Nine Worlds I did my duty by pimping MTMTE to pretty much anyone I met...

Flimflammery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-21, 04:33 PM   #278
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK

Right, stuff to do... anyone who's there tomorrow, will be turning up in this...

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transf...rt-anyone.html

Old 2015-08-24, 02:48 PM   #279
inflatable dalek
Duke of Kidderminster

Kidderminster UK

Aaaaaaaand I'm back!

Generally a great weekend, it was nice it went out on one where everything ran well and pretty much all the ideas worked. I think the closest they came to an event that didn't quite click was the "Japanese Artists" panel, which had some interesting information about the cultural differences in fandom did basically boil down to "One Japanese artist talking about her experiences and two Americans talking about what they think it's like for Japanese artists". Andrew Griffiths seemed especially baffled about being on there due to once having been to Japan.

Other than that though, a good, fun, relaxed weekend only let down by me making the mistake of drinking Stella on the Friday night and thus being quite ill all of Saturday, though luckily I managed to catch the panels I wanted to see inbetween lying down.

At this point my mind is actually blank about the contents of the panels (though I suspect Terome will have good recall of the IDW one, asking two questions like a greedy boy), but I'll try and fill in any especially interesting tidbits.

One thing I do think it's OK to reveal from the chat at the bar I had with James Roberts even if it's only of interest to me as I'm the one who keeps banging on about it: More Than Meets the Eye doesn't sell as many digital copies as it does physical (but we're still talking thousands rather than hundreds), but it is comfortably IDW's best selling digital book.

Pictures!

Old 2015-08-24, 03:15 PM   #280
numbat
Legends Class

Scotland, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by inflatable dalek View Post
One thing I do think it's OK to reveal from the chat at the bar I had with James Roberts even if it's only of interest to me as I'm the one who keeps banging on about it: More Than Meets the Eye doesn't sell as many digital copies as it does physical (but we're still talking thousands rather than hundreds), but it is comfortably IDW's best selling digital book.[/URL]
Well, I'm one avid digital MTMTE fan. I enjoy reading it in my tent up mountains.

(I actually buy very few physical comics anymore... Much easier to store and transport on an iPhone or tablet. I do continue to buy a few in paper form though, for bathtime reading. )

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
numbat is offline   Reply With Quote