• transformers fandom
  • transformers forum

Go Back   TFARCHIVE > TRANSFORMERS > Transformers Media & Fandom > New Comics

Old 2014-07-14, 01:15 PM   #41
Summerhayes
always late to the party

Somerset, England.

Ooh, I really like that tfw2005 theory.

As for the issue itself; very, very good. The offsted stuff was a bit cringeworthy and there was at least one typo that bugged me. Overall though it was full of great character stuff and it moved at a really nice pace. I'm even getting on well with Captain Megs.

And yes, the MTO's being named after campaigns and high command rushing to build them was all very horrific.

I think it's time to do a great big reread of MTMTE.

Still alive, I'm just bad at keeping up with forums.
You can read my articles and reviews at gintendo.co.uk but I wouldn't bother if I were you.
Summerhayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-14, 01:36 PM   #42
Auntie Slag
Satisfaction guaranteed !

Cambridge, UK
Exclamation

The typos are a real annoyance. This sort of thing shouldn't be happening at all.

Auntie Slag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-14, 05:45 PM   #43
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK

I've probably mentally auto-corrected... er, which typos are these?

Denyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-14, 06:45 PM   #44
Rack 'n Ruin
Unregistered User

Debris, UK

The wiki lists several. "Ravege" was the most glaring for me.

Wreck and Rule!
Rack 'n Ruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-14, 07:20 PM   #45
Summerhayes
always late to the party

Somerset, England.

The only one I spotted on my first read through was megs saying something like "he" instead of "he's". I think my years on the Internet have desensitised me to them a bit. However, going through the issue with a fine toothed comb, as is necessary with Roberts' work, I see it more.

Still alive, I'm just bad at keeping up with forums.
You can read my articles and reviews at gintendo.co.uk but I wouldn't bother if I were you.
Summerhayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-14, 07:43 PM   #46
Blackjack
Micromaster

Red face

Ah, but that isn't really Ravage! It's actually his twin brother Ravege! All of the people who call him 'Ravage' are Autobots, after all, and Megatron is only playing along when he spoke it out lout!

Blackjack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-22, 07:57 PM   #47
Auntie Slag

Cambridge, UK

Another poster on another site (probably at Transfans), suggested the idea that Megatron on board the Lost Light might actually be Nautilator in a Megatron suit!

The reasoning is that Nautilator has a voice identical to Megatron, and yes; Whirl blew his head off doesn't mean he's actually dead (e.g. SnapTrap got a sword through the face, but was fine last issue). Coupled with the fact that Nautilator wasn't seen in last issue's 'Lets get Megatron out of this trial' breakout scene...

I thought it was a really interesting idea. I don't believe it at all, but its a cool spin on that fact about Nautilator.

Old 2014-07-22, 08:09 PM   #48
Unicron
Time for plan bee-weeoop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auntie Slag View Post
Another poster on another site (probably at Transfans), suggested the idea that Megatron on board the Lost Light might actually be Nautilator in a Megatron suit!
As hilarious of a reveal as that would be, the immediate problem I see with it is space bridge guts.

Unicron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-22, 08:22 PM   #49
Auntie Slag

Cambridge, UK

Yeah, and also Nautilator would have to have good knowledge of Megatron's past (thinking about the aversion to needles in particular).

Old 2014-07-22, 09:48 PM   #50
Unicron
Time for plan bee-weeoop

The knowledge of Megatron's past is easy enough, and there's some precedent: Rewind's 11.3 second history lesson for Tailgate. Seems plausible that Nautilator could have been supplied with information similarly. That's why the space bridge guts strikes me as the killer of that idea.

Strange things we end up discussing as not too unreasonable theories, aren't they?

Unicron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-22, 10:16 PM   #51
Auntie Slag

Cambridge, UK
Smile

Certainly, and that's a good part of the fun. I enjoy it when some innocuous detail from issue 2 becomes relevant in the latest story. There's always the risk that can alienate a new reader, but I think Roberts gauges things correctly so that doesn't occur.

And does he really need to be punished for that? Any series once its been going a while doesn't need to constantly pander to the new viewer does it? The X-Files or Battlestar Galactica or... whatever. I only watched a few episodes of Galactica but it felt that, even if I didn't know the machinations of every character, there was enough interesting things going on that I could be occupied with those things without feeling one-step behind the long-time fan.

I think that happens here. You don't have to keep your eye on every little thing, but its fun to do if you like it, and I do enjoy that aspect.

Old 2014-07-22, 10:58 PM   #52
Death's Head
Gestalt

London

I think in this age of digital issues and frequent comixology discounts* it's not too much to expect that new readers can find some way to catch up. Structuring the storylines into television-like "seasons" also helps matters, providing a jumping-on point for new readers.

Like Auntie Slag says, it's a balancing act, but I think we're on the right side of things for the time being.

*And stuff like the TF wiki, as well.

SMITH
Portfolio | Blog | Freelance Agent Brompton Rhodes - Guns, Girls and Gorillas!
Death's Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-31, 11:36 AM   #53
Auntie Slag

Cambridge, UK
Exclamation

I don't know, all these Comixolgy/Humble bundle discounts and whatnot... I wonder if its just another mechanism to take advantage of pack-rat mentality.

For example, I bought that humble bundle which included all of the Marvel US G1 comics. Have I looked at them? Not really. I know they're there and that seems to be enough.

Now if I had them paper editions it would be a different story, and I don't think that's a skewed point of view from someone whose only ever bought paprt copies before.... it seems lots of people join Steam and pay for humble bundles, amass vast quantities of games and never really play them, but don't want to miss the deal either.

None of this is the suppliers fault of course, it just feels like a new way to prey on an aspect of human habit. Must have everything, appreciate nothing.

I'm just waffling...

Old 2014-07-31, 01:18 PM   #54
Red Dave Prime
Assistant Comic Reviewer

Ireland

Yeah but the Humble Bundle thing is very good value if you do $20. You get loads of Marvel stuff, some old IDW stuff, some of the better new stuff, some of the Fall of Cybertron stuff. Even if you only read a quarter of it, you've gotten good value. And its great for me because I like to have a paper and digital version of my comics and I'm not too keen on Comicology (DRM issues) so this is perfect for me.

Although I do get what you say - Went through a phase many years back where I bought hundreds of DVDs to build up a collection but in the end sold off most for a fraction of the cost. Humans tend to like stock piling things, not sure why.

Red Dave Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-31, 06:42 PM   #55
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK

Wouldn't mind reading Rage of the Dinobots and FoC, but beyond that the only thing I'd really recommend the pack for (having read what's in it) is the MTMTE taster.

What put me off was realising most of the default split seems to be a purchase from IDW, rather than the material being "donated" (where it'd still serve to attract future customers) and primarily raising money for the charity.

Old 2014-07-31, 08:38 PM   #56
Red Dave Prime
Assistant Comic Reviewer

Ireland

Pardon my silly but what do you mean by that? Is it not all for charity?

Old 2014-07-31, 10:27 PM   #57
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK

Nah, you decide how it's split or choose the default, which seems to be 20% --

http://i.imgur.com/CbKDUJ5.png

Old 2014-08-01, 04:33 PM   #58
Blackjack
Micromaster

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auntie Slag View Post
This needs to happen.

Blackjack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-01, 10:43 PM   #59
Red Dave Prime
Assistant Comic Reviewer

Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denyer View Post
Nah, you decide how it's split or choose the default, which seems to be 20% --

http://i.imgur.com/CbKDUJ5.png
Ah cool. Cheers for the heads up.

Old 2014-08-08, 02:13 PM   #60
Auntie Slag

Cambridge, UK
Question

Has it been explained yet how Sandstorm is present at Megatron’s trial? Wasn’t/Isn’t he deep behind enemy lines? (or at least he was whilst Springer was still conscious). So if Sandstorm is back then he was never the Wrecker who was in disguise with the DJD.

So who does that leave as the DJD member who was affiliated with the Wreckers? Valve is long gone isn’t he? Blocker went bonkers (was reading about it in Blackjack’s write-up of ‘Bullets’) and Rack n’ Ruin are dead, as is Hyperion, soooo…. I’m drawing a blank!