• transformers live-action movies
  • transformers fandom
  • transformers forum

Go Back   TFARCHIVE > TRANSFORMERS > Transformers News & Rumours

Old 2015-06-20, 09:14 AM   #261
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK

After "Combiner Wars" comes "Titan Wars" apparently... including Fort Max and something that appears to be a Headmaster Blaster...

(Art for a CW Bruticus is also knocking around).

http://news.tfw2005.com/2015/06/19/b...an-wars-293516

Last edited by Denyer; 2015-06-20 at 09:24 AM.
Denyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-20, 10:33 AM   #262
Knightdramon
Primus

York, UK

Folks have noticed that the lower arms look like Metroplex's---heavy remould?

Bruticus is stated to be a remould of Hot Spot [the visible part of the torso] but I can't see it on that one piece of artwork.

Blaster looks ok.

Knightdramon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-20, 11:19 AM   #263
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK

I'd guess same designer -- the tracks suggest a fairly different alt-mode. Too many shape differences (Max is more blocky) to be a straight remould.

Nothing really of interest so far.

Old 2015-06-20, 06:16 PM   #264
Unicron
Time for plan bee-weeoop

Ok, bunch of interesting stuff out of the Hasbro Botcon panel. Incidently, a VP of Marketing at Hasbro shared a lot of panel pics via twitter, which is odd since supposedly no pictures were allowed. Here's a link

As expected, official confirmation of CW Bruticus (with all the original members, including a new mold Brawl, and a Legends Shockwave to go with it)
Leader Skywarp
As found in store listings: Wheeljack, Smokescreen, Trailbreaker, and Hound as deluxe limbs. Strangely, they go with a new Voyager torso...
Speaking of that new Voyager... Goddamn Sky Lynx.

Unicron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-20, 06:48 PM   #265
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK

Sky Lynx looks awesome.

https://www.facebook.com/daim.choc/p...63305077102332

Old 2015-06-20, 07:10 PM   #266
Knightdramon
Primus

York, UK

Sky Lynx does look great, and ironically so does the third/fourth repaint of Dead End as Prowl.

Combaticons all look great except for Blast Off.

The limbs that are paired with Sky Lynx are so forced it hurts.

If I ever get a CW figure, I think I'll just go crazy and mix n match whatever limbs I like the most, and call it a day

Knightdramon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-20, 07:18 PM   #267
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK
Thumbs up

Which is ultimately the point -- done right (which it has been this time) it's a team gimmick that works for kids whatever's on the shelves.

Combiner War Bruticus / Combaticons pics, plus more Sky Lynx in case, Legends Shockwave, and various other bits.

http://news.tfw2005.com/2015/06/20/b...se-pics-294031

Presumably the Takara Bruticus will look a lot better and might even do a more faithful Blast Off further on, based on what's happened with Groove.

Old 2015-06-20, 07:43 PM   #268
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK

"Optimus Maximus" pics...

https://www.facebook.com/daim.choc/p...63312823768224

Old 2015-06-20, 07:48 PM   #269
Unicron
Time for plan bee-weeoop

I'm digging the midget Shockwave, definitely snagging one of them even if I don't get Bruticus. Which I probably will, but as seems par for the course lately, I need to see Takara's version first.
I'm not betting on a new mold Blast Off from Takara yet, I think a more thorough retooling is a bit more likely, if they do anything. Repaint Blast Off isn't as 'egregious' as new members and Legends Groove, so I can see Takara just rolling with it.

Speaking of Shockwave... anyone else wanting a grey 'Shackwave' repaint?

I wonder if they'll go for the obvious G2 repaints for the Combaticons. Wonder how long till someone does a digibash.

Sky Lynx shall be mine. It's so out of nowhere that I need it. I'm a bit puzzled on the repaint/remold potential for him though. Then again I never expected Cyclonus out of Silverbolt so not even sure why I'd bother guessing at this point.

Disappointed by the lack of Technobot news, but they'll probably be later in 2016.

Unicron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-20, 07:51 PM   #270
numbat
Legends Class

Scotland, UK

Fortress Maximus could be interesting. Dunno where I'd keep another Titan Class figure though...

numbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-20, 07:53 PM   #271
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK

Catching up... Bruticus, legends and that G1 RID Grimlock redeco. Most of these photos have been courtesy of Eric Peterson BTW.

edit: Also the inevitable Starscream redeco from CW Jetfire/Thundercracker -- https://www.facebook.com/daim.choc/p...63323610433812 (apparently there's a Skywarp as well, plus a legends Wreck-Gar...)

https://www.facebook.com/daim.choc/p...63313007101539
https://www.facebook.com/daim.choc/p...63320110434162
https://www.facebook.com/daim.choc/p...63316427101197

edit: Pic that shows Buzsaw plus the Shrapnel repaint...

Last edited by Denyer; 2015-06-20 at 09:35 PM.
Old 2015-06-20, 08:22 PM   #272
Tantrum
Systems Analyst

Aquidneck Island, RI, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unicron View Post
Sky Lynx shall be mine. It's so out of nowhere that I need it. I'm a bit puzzled on the repaint/remold potential for him though. Then again I never expected Cyclonus out of Silverbolt so not even sure why I'd bother guessing at this point.
Maybe a griffin for Birdbrain for Monstructor. Slog as the Lengends class chest armor would recreate the G1 look. Granted, BB was beast to bot, not beast to vehicle. But, given the need for retools, and the uniqueness of the beast combiner torsos, they might have to reach for stuff like this.

Last edited by Tantrum; 2015-06-20 at 10:32 PM.
Tantrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-20, 10:16 PM   #273
Thunderwave
Gestalt

Upstate, NY

You know, I'm really digging the combiner gimmick this time. I'm a sucker for them anyways but usually there are only a few teams so it's limited. With 3 teams on the shelves now, at least 3 more full teams on the way, plus all the random potential combiner team members floating about and on the way, it's really taking on a life of it's own that it hasn't had since the original "Scramble City" style combiners.

Thunderwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-21, 02:39 AM   #274
zigzagger
There ain't no Sanity Clause

Smile

Surprise, it's Sky Lynx! HasTak's mixing it up, and I kind of like it.

The Combaticons are fab too. Onslaught's sporting a pretty smart retool. There's not much Hot Spot left, is there? I'm not fussed by Blast Off being a jet, either. All the better to match with his team, I'd say. And Bruticus looks suitably bulky and imposing.

Yep, the Combaticons are totally doing it for me.

Could care less about the numerous Stunticon repaints, or that Nova Prime-esque Optimus redeco. Nope, sorry.

Optimus Maximus? Nope.

Hound's kinda neat, though. So are the mini-Chop Shop and the mini-Shockwave.

zigzagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-21, 02:57 AM   #275
Blackjack
Unashamed Movie Fanboy

Well damn the Sky Lynx looks positively great.

The Combaticons look good too, though already having a couple Brutici I don't think I'll be purchasing them.

Man I really need to get to hunting down these Combiner Wars toys...

Blackjack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-21, 03:16 AM   #276
Notabot
Lutheran

Lowden, IA

I'm honestly surprised that they didn't retool Alpha Bravo into the space shuttle.

The white Optimus is pretty bland looking, but Sky Lynx is awfully cool. And here I thought I was drifting out of collecting. I try to get out, but they keep pulling me back in!

Notabot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-21, 06:57 AM   #277
inflatable dalek
Duke of Kidderminster

Kidderminster UK

Sky Lynx is insane, but brilliant. Unlike the combining Optimus Prime, which is insane but silly. Poor old IDW are going to have to have Starscream wave that combination McGuffin at a whole load of characters.

inflatable dalek is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-21, 12:02 PM   #278
Thunderwave
Gestalt

Upstate, NY

I'm entertained by the insane amount of retooling going on with these guys. Onslaught looks almost like an entirely new mold, Swindle/Hound are extensive retools of Rook it looks like given how the arms fold up and the chest wheels (although in all honesty they might of just made them with all new molds and kept the transformation).

Thunderwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-21, 03:30 PM   #279
Warcry
Likes Beast Wars toys. A lot.

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

This is probably the least-exciting BotCon reveal in a while for me, because there's a lot of "new" stuff on display but very little that's actually new or surprising. Practically everything is a redeco, or a remold, or a redeco of a remold. So Chop Shop is cute but I already own that toy as Shrapnel, Blast Off is nice but he's just a brownish Fireflight, etc...

Sky Lynx, however, is brilliant! I didn't see that coming at all and I'm 100% going to track him down. I actually might have liked him better as a Leader, which might have been able to split into the two distinct beast modes, but the Voyager they did make is pretty slick so I can't complain too much.

Brawl also looks pretty cool. Or at least, he does in the stock photos. The ones in the case photos are a lot more drab and less interesting. If the final product has the nice dark green, I may pick one up to hang out with my old Universe Onslaught. Same goes for Swindle, who's also pretty neat. Neither one are something I'd really go out of my way for, though.

Warcry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-21, 04:20 PM   #280
Skyquake87
One with the Matrix

Sky Lynx! Yay! He looks brilliant. Well up for that. Thanks Hasbro!

Lots of other stuff that looks neat there too - especially the Combaticons. Good stuff overall. Impressed

Skyquake87 is offline   Reply With Quote