Clay
"I've done better and got over it."

Murray, KY
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warcry View Post
So, SDCC is today...

That's a lot of G2...

I wonder if Superion and Menasor are box-sets, or if they'll be individually sold? I'd totally grab a G2 Skydive and Slingshot.
The blip I read said that they'd be boxed sets along with Victorion thing. Which is cool, because that trumps scattering the parts across multiple waves no matter how silly the combiner looks.

Clay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-11, 05:59 PM   #322
Knightdramon
Primus

York, UK

Potential Titan Wars Blaster release here.

Looks like Hasbro is going with playsets for the coming year.

Liking the G2 combiner repaints, though a retro boxset like the one on FOC G2 Bruticus would have been awesome.

Victorion will probably be easier on the eyes on a proper, factory painted colours instead of the hand-painted high gloss test shot. Liking her combiner hands and legs.

Knightdramon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-11, 10:30 PM   #323
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK

Looks like Blaster'll fill a not-quite-MP niche for a lot of people.

I don't dislike the Scattorshot robot mode... it's the combiner chest that suffers. Wouldn't mind a representational Technobot outside of Quantron, but still much more interested in Sky Lynx.

Denyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-13, 06:08 PM   #324
Ryan F
hunts pandas for lolz

Ugh... I have officially become addicted to the Combiner Wars line.

Currently I have a complete set of Hasbro Aerialbots and Stunticons, plus Voyager Prime and Cyclonus. I have Takara Defensor on pre-order, but have Hasbro Rook and Groove to complete the set, and also Legends Rodimus.

The Hasbro Optimus Maximus bots, Takara Devastator, E-hobby Grand Scourge and TAV Runabout are all ordered up also.

I think at this stage I'm just gonna streamline my collection into just CW and MPs... I'm gonna run out of room for anything else. Man, I can't get enough of these figures.

Ryan F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-13, 06:58 PM   #325
Hound
Married to Sadie

Henshin!

Is there any indication that Hasbro is going to release the deluxe class Groove?

Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-13, 07:17 PM   #326
Unicron
Time for plan bee-weeoop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hound View Post
Is there any indication that Hasbro is going to release the deluxe class Groove?
Not as of yet. Last I heard on the matter was a report over at TFW about a 4chan member claiming to have asked someone from Hasbro after a panel at Botcon and being told deluxe Groove failed a drop test.
I haven't seen anything since, nor anything that confirms or denies that report.

While a failed drop test certainly sounds plausible, I can't say I readily believe it, given the third or fourth-hand nature of the report and the lack of anything to confirm it. Call it rumor/speculation

Unicron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-13, 09:23 PM   #327
Thunderwave
Gestalt

Upstate, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan F View Post
...TAV Runabout
Damn it. I didn't even know he was a thing. Now I'll have to get him as well. I just hope they make a Runamuck to go with him.

Thunderwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-13, 11:06 PM   #328
Ryan F
hunts pandas for lolz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderwave View Post
Damn it. I didn't even know he was a thing. Now I'll have to get him as well. I just hope they make a Runamuck to go with him.
Yeah, crept under the radar, that one! I'd assumed that TAV was just the Japanese version of Robots in Disguise, but it turns out it's an umbrella line for all sorts of random stuff, from one step changers to new versions of Classics figures (including Frenzy and Rumble).

Ryan F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-14, 03:55 AM   #329
Warcry
Likes Beast Wars toys. A lot.

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unicron View Post
Not as of yet. Last I heard on the matter was a report over at TFW about a 4chan member claiming to have asked someone from Hasbro after a panel at Botcon and being told deluxe Groove failed a drop test.
I haven't seen anything since, nor anything that confirms or denies that report.

While a failed drop test certainly sounds plausible, I can't say I readily believe it, given the third or fourth-hand nature of the report and the lack of anything to confirm it. Call it rumor/speculation
I don't recall hearing anything about drop tests, and that's a fairly common 4chan meme whenever Hasbro won't do what they want, so I'm not sure if that's exactly what the issue is. But I did read something in a post-BotCon interview that boiled down to the same "can't do him at retail" end point. I want to say it was "he's more expensive to make than a standard Deluxe", but my memory of it is pretty foggy right now.

Being a hair more expensive wouldn't stop them from doing a specialty-store release like they did for Slingshot and Wildrider, I suppose, if there's enough demand there.

Warcry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-14, 03:00 PM   #330
Unicron
Time for plan bee-weeoop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warcry View Post
I don't recall hearing anything about drop tests, and that's a fairly common 4chan meme whenever Hasbro won't do what they want, so I'm not sure if that's exactly what the issue is.
Like I said, it was one report (someone made a reply fairly late in one of the Defensor threads referencing a 4chan member claiming to have asked, etc.). Didn't know it was a common excuse there, given that I wouldn't touch that place with a 10 foot pole.

Could be any number of reasons

Unicron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-15, 02:42 AM   #331
Tantrum
Systems Analyst

Aquidneck Island, RI, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hound View Post
According to this, Takara Tomy claims Groove is a unique mold not available overseas, and similar claims were not made about Wildrider or Slingshot. I don't know if a better translation would be more (or less) definitive. Maybe they just mean unobtainable at the moment? Or, that the statement wouldn't apply to Wildrider or Slingshot since they were repaints of molds that were available everywhere.

How did Hasbro announce Brake-neck and Quickslinger? If Groove is coming out stateside, I'd think Hasbro would've let people know when the other Protectobots came out so G1 fans would buy them instead of waiting for the TT version.

I figured Groove would be redone as Afterburner, so Hasbro would have more of an incentive to fix any problems with the mold so they could sell it twice. If Betatron really is the planned team for Scattershot, fixing the motorcycle mold may not be worth the trouble.

I called Hasbro customer support this morning to ask about Deluxe Groove, and they just said to check the website every so often for the release schedule.

Tantrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-22, 08:27 PM   #332
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK

Club version of Impactor... if this was a mass-release, and as essentially just a head sculpt there's no reason it couldn't have been, I'd be singing praises... as it is, it's likely to be in the same price bracket as an original voyager-scale mould from a quality 3P manufacturer.

http://tfwiki.tumblr.com/post/124693...-club-has-just

http://i.imgur.com/SDrU5bO.jpg

Last edited by Denyer; 2015-07-24 at 01:15 AM.
Denyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-23, 02:36 AM   #333
Warcry
Likes Beast Wars toys. A lot.

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

FunPub figures have lost a lot of their luster lately, haven't they? Even setting aside 3P stuff, when Hasbro is making new toys of guys like Scoop or G2 Dreadwing, the club's new-head redecos just don't have the impact that they did a few years ago. Used to be, this was the only way to get a new Dreadwind or Weirdwolf or whoever. But now? Hasbro could do one on a lark six months from now and odds are it'd be a lot more accurate that whatever the club can afford to do. The fact that a bigger, better, more accurate Impactor got shown off the week before this one is just the icing on the cake.

But when your easy redeco costs the same as a low-run 100%-new-tooling design, surely that's an indictment of how you're doing business? I know they need to pay Hasbro licensing fees in order to run the club and use the molds and 3Ps don't, but they're still charging 400% markup on figures that look like refugees from a retail filler wave.

Warcry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-24, 12:04 AM   #334
Clay
"I've done better and got over it."

Murray, KY

Plus, they could offset the licensing cost by producing more units and making them more easily available. Maybe rework their business model as offering niche redecos on an online store instead of, basically, charging membership fees for the lure of 'exclusives', which aren't really when club members are free to resell them.

Of course, none of what the collector's club offers really matters because, as you say, Hasbro are just as likely to do it themselves even if the club offers it first. And in the case of Classics Thundercracker, Thrust, and Dirge, they did just that.

Clay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-24, 12:28 PM   #335
numbat
Legends Class

Scotland, UK

I don't really think that works great for Impactor. Sure it's got his head and colours, but otherwise how does that look particularly like him?

Is that a Combiner Wars Deluxe he's remoulded from? Which one?

Far more interested in MMC Spartan, which actually looks like Impactor, and is Voyager sized. Probably cheaper too, I'd expect from what I see TFCC figures go for (for characters people care about anyway).

numbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-24, 12:30 PM   #336
inflatable dalek
Duke of Kidderminster

Kidderminster UK
Smile

I don't recognise the original toy, but it is a bit meh. On the other hand, to be the best Official Impactor it doesn't have to do much.

inflatable dalek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-24, 12:48 PM   #337
Rack 'n Ruin
Unregistered User

Debris, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by numbat View Post
I don't really think that works great for Impactor. Sure it's got his head and colours, but otherwise how does that look particularly like him?

Is that a Combiner Wars Deluxe he's remoulded from? Which one?
It is Rook, the new Protectobot who takes Groove's place as a leg in the Hasbro Defensor. He has a really rubbish (lack of) hand gimmick, that sort of half works for Impactor. That moulded right fist! Ugh!

Spartan is much more up my street too. Looks good, and will be roughly the same size as most of the official Wreckers recently released by Hasbro (Springer, Sandstorm, Whirl, Roadbuster).

Rack 'n Ruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-24, 01:46 PM   #338
numbat
Legends Class

Scotland, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by inflatable dalek View Post
IOn the other hand, to be the best Official Impactor it doesn't have to do much.
That's true - they did a remarkably bad job last time round...

Last edited by Denyer; 2015-07-24 at 08:50 PM. Reason: rehost image
Old 2015-07-24, 01:48 PM   #339
inflatable dalek
Duke of Kidderminster

Kidderminster UK
Red face

XAARON'S HEAD IS LICKING OUT HIS ANUS.

inflatable dalek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-24, 02:20 PM   #340
numbat
Legends Class

Scotland, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by inflatable dalek View Post
XAARON'S HEAD IS LICKING OUT HIS ANUS.
The internet tells me that is in fact 'Ruination' licking out his anus, and not the good Emirate, despite any superficial similarities.

Oh, what a weird toy...