Liking Doublecross and Triggerhappy.

Denyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-11, 08:50 AM   #542
numbat
Legends Class

Scotland, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightdramon View Post
Give me a shout if you want me to get one for you from a UK retailer, but the added costs of shipping to me and then shipping to you + customs may make this more trouble than it's worth.
Which UK retailers have Deluxe Groove? I'm struggling to find one, but if I did I would seriously consider getting a CW Defensor. (So I'm a bit of a G1 purist on the combiner team members... Although I'd also get Rook for fun, like I did Off-Road.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay View Post
I think I understand better now, even if I still disagree. I just don't personally see new Generations figures as completely overriding previous stuff; I see it as purely additive. As such, I'm just not concerned with details getting fudged or rearranged with new iterations of old characters if the new stuff looks nice in its own right. But if you're wanting new figures to adhere more closely to the old G1 designs, I can see that being defensible as probably 80% of Classics 2006-2016 stays reasonably close to the mark.
Like Clay, I just view these figures as additive and pick up the ones I like, which go alongside my various CHUG fellows - the aesthetics seem close enough for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightdramon View Post
From what I've seen so far the HM gimmick does not seem to hinder any of the figures and does offer interchangeability, although let's be honest, besides trying it once for giggles, is anybody really going to display say, Galvatron with Sentinel Prime's head?
Personally, I am irritated by the Headmaster gimmick being applied to say Galvatron or Megatron (or even Triggerhappy for that matter). I get what people are saying - who's going to swap the heads out for fun after the first try? But, I'm guessing you have to take the heads off to transform them, and that would annoy me every time. I'm not saying that means Hasbro shouldn't have done it - I'm just a grumpy old man and I'm sure lots of collectors and kids will love it.

numbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-11, 06:47 PM   #543
Knightdramon
Primus

York, UK

Masterforce is accepting Preorders for wave 2 in June. Kapow has sold out.

Knightdramon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-11, 06:48 PM   #544
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by numbat View Post
Which UK retailers have Deluxe Groove?
Morg's got a limited further pre-order up;

http://masterforce.co.uk/product_inf...oducts_id/2363

Old 2016-06-16, 12:51 PM   #545
Warcry
Likes Beast Wars toys. A lot.

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=64511

So apparently Hasbro is doing their own MP Bumblebee release and it's already out in Canada...for $120. Because,you know, that's what you do when the $90 Bluestreaks won't sell. You release a smaller toy with a higher price tag.

Warcry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-16, 04:29 PM   #546
Brendocon 2.0
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

UK
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warcry View Post
Because,you know, that's what you do when the $90 Bluestreaks won't sell. You release a smaller toy with a higher price tag.
I just spent a full ten seconds trying to find the "like/fav" button before realising that Facebook and Twitter have ruined me...

Brendocon 2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-16, 06:12 PM   #547
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK

Quote:
You release a smaller toy with a higher price tag.
And which good quality KOs of are going for about twenty quid, less than a third of the price.

Old 2016-06-16, 06:52 PM   #548
Warcry

I'm pretty sure you could have imported the Takara version twice over and still came out ahead compared to the domestic release, too.

Considering the 15+ Bluestreaks still gathering dust at my local TRU when all the previous (reasonably priced) MP releases sold out within a day of being stocked, I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that I won't even see this in person. But if I did I'm sure it'd just turn into another pile of never-to-be-sold boxes, because this is ridiculous. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if these two spelled the end for Hasbro's MP releases, because who the hell is going to buy this?

Old 2016-06-16, 07:34 PM   #549
Skyquake87
One with the Matrix

I love the line in that discourse "Go home hasbro, you're drunk."

$119.99 ...

... just, no hasbro. no.

Skyquake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-17, 07:41 PM   #550
Knightdramon
Primus

York, UK

Unfathomable.

I guess this is how niche the western mass release MP market is, 2 years after the original release more or less.

Old 2016-06-17, 07:44 PM   #551
inflatable dalek
Duke of Kidderminster

Kidderminster UK
Red face

I think it'll sell better than Bluestreak because it's a character people have heard of, but it's still going to bomb badly.

inflatable dalek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-18, 11:18 AM   #552
Knightdramon
Primus

York, UK

The fans with internet access over the past 2 years would have already got one from Japan for 1/3 or so of the price.

The fans with internet access over the past 2 years but with the thankfully disappearing "I'll wait for it to be on the local shelves" are now looking for places that still have it in stock in Japan.

The casual fan that walks in store and sees it in stock for that price will take one good look, maybe smile, and put it back and leave due to the price.

Old 2016-06-18, 04:48 PM   #553
inflatable dalek
Duke of Kidderminster

Kidderminster UK
Smile

It's possible for it to still sell better than Bluestreak and still sell very, very badly. A more popular character means more mugs. If nothing else I'll bet there are more "Must own every Bumblebee toy and all its variations" out there than there are for Bluestreak.

inflatable dalek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-26, 10:00 PM   #554
Tantrum
Systems Analyst

Aquidneck Island, RI, USA

MP pricing may be Hasbro overreacting to that one time they tried to give fans a bargain by selling Soundwave for US$120. Scalpers grabbed most of the stock and sold it on-line; fans still paid high prices. So, Hasbro figures they might as well gouge us directly. At least this way the money we spend actually goes to the people who made what we're buying.

The difference is that Hasbro's Soundwave came with 5 cassettes, which Takara sold separately. So, even with the scalping, Hasbro's was still a good deal. Now, the prices are about what Takara imports cost, plus the non-financial cost of waiting however many months.

The gouging may not be Hasbro's decision, since these are TRU exclusives, and TRU's been raising TF prices. At first, CW deluxes sold at TRU for about what they sold for elsewhere, US$15-17. Then, TRU bumped them up to US$20; now they're US$23. Everywhere else, they're still US$15-17. RiD warrior/deluxes aren't as bad, but still a couple bucks more than everywhere else.

Tantrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-13, 04:24 PM   #555
ganon578
GO BLUE!

NoCo

Seibertron's got a gallery of Fortress Maximus up. Holy crap is that guy huge!

Fort Max

ganon578 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-13, 05:22 PM   #556
Warcry

I still can't fathom what in the world you'd do with a Transformer that size. Either as a collector or a kid. Most of the kids I know don't even have enough empty floor space in their bedrooms to turn the thing into base mode.

I'd love a modern Fort Max (or the inevitable Scorponok that'll surely follow) but I can't see myself spending $200+ to buy something so huge that I'll never be able to do anything with it bar standing it in a corner of my basement.

Old 2016-07-13, 05:41 PM   #557
Hound
Married to Sadie

Henshin!

My plan is to one day have a room where I can have a table or two in a corner where I can display these really big Transformers that I have in base modes. I do occasionally put them in base mode and play with them because I do have floor space to do that when I feel like doing so. That's one of the things that I really like about this new Fortress Maximus, there's all these posts all over the thing where you can attach the little head guys and places where you can attach the smaller base modes. It really highlights that these are meant to be playsets with the added benefit of turning into a giant action figure also.

Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-13, 06:27 PM   #558
ganon578
GO BLUE!

NoCo

Quote:
I still can't fathom what in the world you'd do with a Transformer that size. Either as a collector or a kid. Most of the kids I know don't even have enough empty floor space in their bedrooms to turn the thing into base mode.

I'd love a modern Fort Max (or the inevitable Scorponok that'll surely follow) but I can't see myself spending $200+ to buy something so huge that I'll never be able to do anything with it bar standing it in a corner of my basement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hound View Post
My plan is to one day have a room where I can have a table or two in a corner where I can display these really big Transformers that I have in base modes. I do occasionally put them in base mode and play with them because I do have floor space to do that when I feel like doing so. That's one of the things that I really like about this new Fortress Maximus, there's all these posts all over the thing where you can attach the little head guys and places where you can attach the smaller base modes. It really highlights that these are meant to be playsets with the added benefit of turning into a giant action figure also.
I see the appeal, but I don't have the cash or the space to get one either. I thought getting CW Leader Megs and Starscream was big enough. They would come up to Fort Max's knee!

Old 2016-07-13, 07:13 PM   #559
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganon578 View Post
Seibertron's got a gallery of Fortress Maximus up. Holy crap is that guy huge!

Fort Max
http://www.seibertron.com/transforme...us/4121/2/354/

I think 'Plex (with some mods) was the right choice, personally, and goes better with a bit of a WST collection... but I'm sure there'll be third party stickers to detail Max more, and there seems to be a lot of excitement for him.

Old 2016-07-14, 04:52 PM   #560
ganon578
GO BLUE!

NoCo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denyer View Post
http://www.seibertron.com/transforme...us/4121/2/354/

I think 'Plex (with some mods) was the right choice, personally, and goes better with a bit of a WST collection... but I'm sure there'll be third party stickers to detail Max more, and there seems to be a lot of excitement for him.
He goes nicely with Metroplex. I didn't pay much attention to that one when it was around since it was way out of my preferred size class and price range.

Yeah, if you have some WST's, that would be really appealing.