• transformers forum

Go Back   TFARCHIVE > TRANSFORMERS > Transformers News & Rumours

Old 2018-07-19, 08:54 PM   #801
ganon578
GO BLUE!

NoCo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warcry View Post
So Curious to see more pictures later. It's odd that so far they've only showed off Autobots.
Agreed. Strange.

It seems the Micromasters come as sets of two (so far) and combine into weapons? I don't know how well that will work - they simply look like stacked robots to me. Oh well, if they make the whole Race Car Patrol, I will pretend the combination gimmick doesn't exist. Doesn't look like it hampers them anyways.

A few clearer pictures too of the diorama...

And on closer inspection, having the screw holes dead in the chest on the micromasters is a nice touch, just like they used to be.

Last edited by ganon578; 2018-07-19 at 09:11 PM.
ganon578 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-19, 09:40 PM   #802
Warcry
Likes Beast Wars toys. A lot.

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

Official stock images: http://news.tfw2005.com/2018/07/19/s...-images-368552

From that angle Magnus's inner robot looks nicer than the actual Optimus toy.

Cog looks like a lot of fun.

Warcry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-20, 01:13 PM   #803
Clay
"I've done better and got over it."

Murray, KY
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay View Post
Most noteworthy thing so far is a "Vol. 2" set with the new VW Bee and the other two japanese dino cassettes.
Nevermind, apparently it's the same two molds in different colors.

Ultra Magnus's cab robot and Prime look cross-compatible, maybe?

Clay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-20, 03:38 PM   #804
Warcry

Prime doesn't have the clips on the sides of his legs like Magnus does, and I'm guessing those are probably necessary to make the super robot stable. But it looks like they've got similar proportions so you'd probably be able to make it work.

After reflecting a bit more, the Micromasters look awesome but I'm definitely going to miss the Legends class. Going back to Thrilling 30 when they first appeared under the Generations banner, Legends were definitely the most consistently good size class. I hope they come back again in a few years once the Micros are played out.

Old 2018-07-20, 08:09 PM   #805
Skyquake87
One with the Matrix

Watched Baltmatrix on boobtube and I like the look of a couple of the Studio Series figures (VW 'bee looks pretty good) the orange Lockdown repaint and Stinger retool or whatever it is. Hound from the Cybertron Siege line looks cool too. I want to like the Mircomasters, but the originals are still such awesome toys (er, aside from the rusting screws) that I think I'll have to see some of the new ones in hand to see what I properly think of them.

Skyquake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-21, 07:26 PM   #806
HeavyArms
Unicron

Victoria, Australia

I'm liking Ultra Magnus, Hound and Sideswipe. I like Cog and I expect him to be repainted into Sixgun, not certain about Ironhide and Sideswipe and the Micro-masters could be fun.

HeavyArms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-13, 01:03 AM   #807
Clay

Murray, KY
Smile

Quote:
True enough, and I do have TM Repugnus sitting around.

That's actually pretty reasonable. When I checked closer to release date he was getting scalped pretty hard, and the US TRU wouldn't ship him to Canada. Unfortunately for me, the trick will now be finding one where the shipping to Canada isn't going to cost more than the figure itself.
Repugnus and Grostusqe are getting released as a two-pack in Japan, so if you haven't already picked up the former, maybe the boxed set will be cheaper?

Old 2018-08-14, 04:07 AM   #808
Warcry

That's the plan! Since Amazon Canada doesn't seem to be stocking the Deluxe exclusives, and any Grotusque I buy on eBay will cost almost as much to ship as the figure does, I'd be looking at well over $100 Canadian to track down both of them. The retail price of the Japanese set is apparently 7000 yen, so it looks like that's probably the cheaper option.

Old 2018-08-16, 06:02 AM   #809
tahukanuva
Human After All

Tennessee, US
Smile

Quote:
That's the plan! Since Amazon Canada doesn't seem to be stocking the Deluxe exclusives, and any Grotusque I buy on eBay will cost almost as much to ship as the figure does, I'd be looking at well over $100 Canadian to track down both of them. The retail price of the Japanese set is apparently 7000 yen, so it looks like that's probably the cheaper option.
See if you can nab ‘em on Amazon Japan when they go up, because they’ve been running 30% off or so on Transformers preorders. Even with customs it should be a solid deal.

tahukanuva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-16, 03:42 PM   #810
Warcry

I don't know if that's an option for these guys. From what I've read, they're getting a mass release in Mainland Asia, but in Japan they're a TakaraTomy Mall exclusive (and that site will only ship them within Japan). They'll still likely be pretty widely available, but I don't think we'll be able to get the same preorder discounts on them as we could on stuff that gets released to all the usual Japanese retailers.

Old 2018-08-30, 12:58 AM   #811
Clay

Murray, KY

New studio series deluxes: Barricade, DOTM Sideswipe, and... WWII Bumblebee?

Old 2018-10-04, 06:13 PM   #812
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK

Flywheels looks very nice.

http://news.tfw2005.com/2018/10/04/n...-images-373346

Denyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-04, 06:40 PM   #813
ganon578
GO BLUE!

NoCo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denyer View Post
Yep. I'm jazzed up about this line. Better start saving!

I'm pumped for that Starscream, but also disappointed by his giant backpack. The tetrajet mode is cool though.

And is it just me, or does Megs' head look a little too wide?

ganon578 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-04, 08:29 PM   #814
Warcry

Am I the only one who thinks that the "dirt and battle damage" paint apps really take away from the look of the figures that have it? I've just never been a fan of that look, not even on customs that have put a lot more effort into it. Aside from that...

Megatron's robot mode looks nice from the angles we've got. The head is maybe a bit large, as ganon says, but not so much that I mind. The alt-mode suffers for it, though, being basically a box with feet.

The core Shockwave robot looks nice, but the random gun bits don't do anything for me and mostly seem to be there to pad out a Voyager-ish figure to the Leader price point. I don't think we see what his standalone alt-mode is either (if there is one).

Reflector is going to be impossible to find. Most people who want one, will want at least three.

Laserbeak is nifty. Ravage less so.

Starscream is approaching Universe Silverbolt levels of under-kibble and backpack, and he seems to have taken a visit to Greeble City. Maybe I'll like the mold better in Thundercracker or Skywarp colours?

Soundwave would look great, but again, too heavy on the greebles and he transforms by laying down.

Flywheels looks to be a big improvement on Battletrap, and Battletrap wasn't bad.

Brunt is kinda blah, colour-wise. Is that the mold that the fan vote Impactor will end up using, I wonder?

Air Strike Patrol! Well, half of them anyway. Nice. And I think I see Aimless and Blowpipe in there.

Old 2018-10-04, 08:43 PM   #815
Clay

Murray, KY
Smile

Some stock photos/renders

Yay, Brunt. Also, Soundwave is a lamp? For real?

I actually like Shoctowave, giant tentacle monster.

Reflector is just evil. Buy the toy... Three times!

Old 2018-10-27, 02:32 PM   #816
Clay

Murray, KY
Smile

New Studio Series stuff revealed from the various conventions this weekend include:

TF1 Optimus Prime voyager (heavy remold of ROTF Prime)
Leader sized DOTM Megatron and ROTF Jetfire
Voyager Bonecrusher finally. That only took eleven years...

New Prime looks sharp, better chest. I'll take a wild guess and say that the ROTF version, that's out now, is the one that actually combines with the new Jetfire as opposed to the upcoming Optimus remold.

EDIT: Pictures! And apparently I'm wrong . Jetfire can combine with the new Prime too

Old 2018-10-28, 09:20 PM   #817
Clay

Murray, KY
Red face

You guys! YOU GUYS!!!

Studio Devastator

Actually made out of transforming constructicons... that are also somehow accurate... WTF?!

Old 2018-10-29, 08:56 PM   #818
Skyquake87
One with the Matrix

I'm pretty excited for a lot of the upcoming Studio Series figures. They seem a bit more interesting to me than the latest G1 re-hash. That Devastator looks pretty cool, hope it's a 'proper' combiner with the components having individual robot modes, rather than just vehicles that become limbs

Skyquake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-07, 07:10 PM   #819
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK

Red Swoop may be a thing, along with a Jazz redeco --

http://news.tfw2005.com/2018/11/06/p...icochet-375982

Denyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-07, 10:53 PM   #820
Clay

Murray, KY