• transformers fandom
  • transformers forum

Go Back   TFARCHIVE > TRANSFORMERS > Transformers News & Rumours

Old 2015-01-29, 06:49 PM   #101
Unicron
Time for plan bee-weeoop

Quote:
Originally Posted by inflatable dalek View Post
Seibertron are offering $50 to anyone who can take a better pic they won't share with any other site.
I kind of hope they're choking on a flood of fake pictures. $50 is a pitiful amount given the various conditions they've placed on it, and isn't worth the effort or risk (Hasbro apparently covered the windows after these first 2 blurry pictures came out. Odds are they'd come down on people trying to snag pics at this point).

Maybe it's the cynic in me, but I wouldn't be shocked if these first 2 pics are some sort of viral marketing effort on Hasbro's part. These initial blurry, mostly obscured pictures have generated quite a bit of discussion, probably more than an official set/reveal would have.

Unicron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-29, 10:36 PM   #102
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

All these years and Ryan's still absolute ****ing vermin.

Cliffjumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-30, 01:25 AM   #103
Clay
"I've done better and got over it."

Murray, KY

To the surprise of absolutely no one, most of this stuff will supposedly be revealed officially at the New York toy fair in a couple of weeks, so we've got a fortnight for speculative nerdery. Rumored reveals are Devastator, reissue Trypticon, and Combiner Wars Defensor and Computron. GO.

Clay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-30, 05:45 AM   #104
Unicron
Time for plan bee-weeoop

I want to be excited by the prospect of a Trypticon re-issue, but I can't help but wonder if Hasbro is going to end up gutting the electronics in the name of cost savings.

Old 2015-01-30, 10:09 AM   #105
Skyquake87
One with the Matrix

Wow. Is it that important to the big boards in the news stakes that they're now offering rewards for exclusive use of illicit long range, out of focus pictures of things that may be in the public interest.

...sounds familiar...

Anyway! I hope re-issue Trypticon is the full on walking robot dude. Takara did the electronics free version for Beast Wars II and it just left you with a toy that felt like half of what it should be. Robbed of the electronics, the point of the thing was rather lost too as Typticon just doesn't have much else going for him. He's the weakest of the Citybots IMO. I'm hopeful he'll keep the electronics. Previous reissues of Omega Supreme and Sky Lynx kept the electrics.

Skyquake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-30, 03:53 PM   #106
inflatable dalek
Duke of Kidderminster

Kidderminster UK
Talking

I'll give $51 to anyone who takes a picture of Devastator who doesn't show it to anyone.

I can see no way this could possibly backfire.

inflatable dalek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-30, 04:28 PM   #107
Unicron
Time for plan bee-weeoop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyquake87 View Post
Wow. Is it that important to the big boards in the news stakes that they're now offering rewards for exclusive use of illicit long range, out of focus pictures of things that may be in the public interest.
To the best of my knowledge, it's only the one site offering a bounty. That's why I'm hoping people are taking the opportunity to troll them with pics of previous Devastators, 3rd party figures, customs, bad photoshops, etc. I feel like if this practice is allowed to become something that is reasonable-ish to do, Hasbro is going to tighten up reveals even more and we're going to know/see even less of future stuff in advance.

Quote:
I'm hopeful he'll keep the electronics. Previous reissues of Omega Supreme and Sky Lynx kept the electrics.
Omega Supreme and Sky Lynx were 're-issues' done by Takara, who don't have Hasbro's history of chopping smokestacks and screwing with the missile launchers.
Also, they were actually those toys' first release in Japan under the TF name, so gutting the electronics would have been pretty bad.

Old 2015-01-30, 08:58 PM   #108
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK

Yeah, Hasbro are altogether decent and generous sorts, and paparazzi style tactics to get a reveal slightly early is antagonism for no good reason.

Denyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-30, 10:26 PM   #109
numbat
Legends Class

Scotland, UK

Hasbro will reveal toys when they're good and ready. Doesn't make them available any sooner. Folk need to chill.

numbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-01, 06:20 PM   #110
Ryan F
hunts pandas for lolz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffjumper View Post
All these years and Ryan's still absolute ****ing vermin.
I should put this as my sig...

Ryan F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-02, 01:31 PM   #111
Knightdramon
Primus

York, UK

Clear pic is out. Seibertron can shove that 50 USD bill down his a&& for all I care.

Listings for the white CW Prime repaint, wave 3 and 4 are out, as well as a listing for a voyager Cyclonus.

People are going mental that it's going to be a Silverbolt repaint, but I'm hopeful it's a brand new mould. If anything, Megatron and the other leaders prove that you can be in the CW area and not have to combine with anything.

Knightdramon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-02, 06:57 PM   #112
Ryan F
hunts pandas for lolz

I'm not really up to date with the news, but are any of the smaller figures designed to plug into the Prime mould's chest cavity and fill in that gap? There are two pegs there, after all...

Ryan F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-02, 07:02 PM   #113
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK

Going to link this rather than embed...

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-...vealed-181987/

Get the feeling it might not be the main head? Looks okay-ish, but nowhere near as nice as this simplified 3P KO, which is available for about forty quid shipped;

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transf...-hercules.html

Old 2015-02-02, 07:04 PM   #114
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan F View Post
I'm not really up to date with the news, but are any of the smaller figures designed to plug into the Prime mould's chest cavity and fill in that gap? There are two pegs there, after all...
You can apparently peg a whole bunch of stuff on;

http://i.imgur.com/tuv52Ul.jpg

Old 2015-02-02, 08:47 PM   #115
Clay
"I've done better and got over it."

Murray, KY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denyer View Post
Going to link this rather than embed...

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-...vealed-181987/

Get the feeling it might not be the main head?
His head is tiny.

I mean, I get that they're going for a wider appeal by keeping the whole thing on the simple and blocky side, but at the same time if this is their $150 big item for the year, it could use some tweaking in proportions.

Clay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-02, 09:13 PM   #116
Warcry
Likes Beast Wars toys. A lot.

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan F View Post
If I recall right, those pegs are the same size as the Legends-class guys' hands, so technically any one of them could be pressed into service as Prime's chest plate. Whether they actually look good or not is a different question, though.

I think Windcharger is the one that's "meant" to go with him, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay View Post
His head is tiny.

I mean, I get that they're going for a wider appeal by keeping the whole thing on the simple and blocky side, but at the same time if this is their $150 big item for the year, it could use some tweaking in proportions.
What struck me right off the bat was how out of place Mixmaster looks. Everyone else looks very, very G1 for better or worse, and then there's Devastator's left leg looking like big chunks of it have been carved off.

Aside from that I think it looks really good, and actually a step above Superion or Menasor's combined modes. But at that price, and considering how ridiculously big a six-Voyager combiner is bound to be, I can't see myself buying one.

Warcry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-02, 09:19 PM   #117
Skyquake87
One with the Matrix

The Head on Devy looks like a flat panel I think I need to see some better pics of the thing. He looks badly posed, like his back's arched and he's staggering a bit, so I'm not sure what to make of it.

On the face of it, not as impressive as Superion is shaping up to be (Air Raid can't arrive soon enough for me - Drag Strip looks so out of place and his mustard yellow really doesn't sit well with the reds and whites everyone else has going on). The hands on Devastator look much better though.

Old 2015-02-02, 10:19 PM   #118
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK

Might wait for Hasbro Slingshot to show up before cracking open the rest of the Aerialbots apart from Alpha Bravo, if there's more of an official confirmation he is definitely coming...

Old 2015-02-03, 01:12 PM   #119
numbat
Legends Class

Scotland, UK

At least it looks like the individual Constructicons have robot modes.

I'll need to see more and better pictures - that one is terribly posed! Are the forearms and hands hollow? That would be disappointing.

And what is going on with Mixmaster's design? I hope Takara do a better deco of the figure, but I'm not sure that will mitigate the design issues for me.

On the otherhand, I'm actually very keen on a combiner made of six Voyagers. So long as it looks good...

This is the first Combiner Wars figure that I've had any potential interest in (other than Legends Powerglide and Bombshell who I like as individual G1 homages, without interest in any combining opportunities) - and I am actually surprised by this given how much I dislike the majority of the Combiner Wars designs. But that potential interest could easily evaporate with better photos, and photos of the individual robot modes.

I'm really quite disappointed by Combiner Wars thusfar... But I seem to be in the minority. Right enough though, they look great for kids and that should always be the target audience for mainstream figures.

numbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-03, 07:07 PM   #120
Skyquake87
One with the Matrix

Mixmaster does look odd. The drum seems back to front and the cab of the truck seems very small, almost like he's some tractor-trailer affair.

@numbat - I can understand that. As much as I love my aerialbots, there's a definite simplicity to the figures. They're no way near as flash as what some Third Party companies are offering at the moment and I think from an adult collector POV, they can seem ... lacking by comparison. On the plus side, you've got a bunch of fun, easy to change toys that feel pretty solid and durable and do a good job of mixing the old Special Teams aesthetic to modern engineering. I will agree that Menasor looks awful (largely due to the slightly poo Motormaster).

...Just looking at that picture again. What an inglorious contribution Windcharger (?) makes there. Does Optimus really need a jock strap made out of one of his troops? Wouldn't like that duty...