• transformers forum

Go Back   TFARCHIVE > TRANSFORMERS > Transformers News & Rumours

Old 2015-02-03, 07:24 PM   #121
Dead Man Wade
Next-Generation Spambot

Funny location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyquake87 View Post
Does Optimus really need a jock strap made out of one of his troops?
Need? No.

But, after millions of years of leadership during a horrific war of attrition, maybe Prime's gone a little spotty.

Or maybe that bot volunteered, and Prime was unnerved but didn't want to disappoint.

Dead Man Wade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-03, 10:23 PM   #122
Skyquake87
One with the Matrix

So long as he's not connected to a sluice valve or something...

Skyquake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-05, 01:45 AM   #123
Thunderwave
Gestalt

Upstate, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyquake87 View Post
...Just looking at that picture again. What an inglorious contribution Windcharger (?) makes there. Does Optimus really need a jock strap made out of one of his troops? Wouldn't like that duty...
Windcharger is supposed to fit on Optimus' chest like Blackjack does for Motormaster in combined mode.

Thunderwave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-12, 09:03 PM   #124
Clay
"I've done better and got over it."

Murray, KY

Someone went barcode sleuthing and turned this up:

Quote:
Legends:
Autobot Pipes (63050936835)
Chop Shop (63050936836)
Shockwave (63050936837)
Buzzsaw (63050936838)

Voyager:
Scattershot (63050936922)
Onslaught (63050936923)
The Technobots were already rumored a couple of weeks ago but, to the best of my knowledge, this is the first piece of information that actually hints at Combaticons (instead of everyone just assuming).

A legends-class Shockwave that potentially turns into a weapon for the gestalts? Yes please!

Clay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-12, 09:08 PM   #125
inflatable dalek
Duke of Kidderminster

Kidderminster UK
Thumbs up

I could actually go for the Technobots. And a small Pipes to squash.

inflatable dalek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-12, 09:50 PM   #126
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK

Ooo... if the official Technobots are any good, would be happy to have a Hasbro Computron and Quantron team members individually displayed.

Denyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-12, 10:11 PM   #127
Knightdramon
Primus

York, UK

Wow, hasbro really is going all out with the line

Will need to see most of these stuff in hand/proper pics before getting excited though---for all I know it could be a modified Silverbolt/Hot Spot combo.

Knightdramon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-12, 10:39 PM   #128
Warcry
Likes Beast Wars toys. A lot.

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay View Post
A legends-class Shockwave that potentially turns into a weapon for the gestalts? Yes please!
That would be cute! Though it continues to be a shame that we don't have a decently large Generations Shockwave after they've put out nearly a decade's worth of toys in that style.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightdramon View Post
Will need to see most of these stuff in hand/proper pics before getting excited though---for all I know it could be a modified Silverbolt/Hot Spot combo.
Would be pleasantly surprised if Scattershot isn't a Silverbolt redeco, personally.

I'd imagine Chop Shop is a Shrapnel redeco, too. Hopefully they've given him a new (bigger!) head and mandibles so that he stands out a bit from the original.

Warcry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-12, 11:05 PM   #129
Skyquake87
One with the Matrix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warcry View Post
That would be cute! Though it continues to be a shame that we don't have a decently large Generations Shockwave after they've put out nearly a decade's worth of toys in that style.
...he'd probably be a bloody tank

Skyquake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-13, 12:01 AM   #130
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK

Upscale the FOC one and possibly make the limbs more substantial, more paint apps, etc. and it'd probably turn out nicely.

Old 2015-02-13, 12:49 PM   #131
inflatable dalek
Duke of Kidderminster

Kidderminster UK
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warcry View Post
Would be pleasantly surprised if Scattershot isn't a Silverbolt redeco, personally.

I think some of the flaws that people have talked about with Silverbolt- the poor undercarriage- would likely work better on a totally made up alt mode like Scattershot as well.

We've already got an obvious candidate for a Vortex, and presumably the new Stunticon could easily be fiddled with to make a jeep, who out of the other Combiners could fill in for the rest of the Technos and Combaties?

Old 2015-02-13, 01:26 PM   #132
Rack 'n Ruin
Unregistered User

Debris, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by inflatable dalek View Post
I think some of the flaws that people have talked about with Silverbolt- the poor undercarriage- would likely work better on a totally made up alt mode like Scattershot as well.

We've already got an obvious candidate for a Vortex, and presumably the new Stunticon could easily be fiddled with to make a jeep, who out of the other Combiners could fill in for the rest of the Technos and Combaties?
Brawl & Nosecone could share a mould base, maybe.

Blast Off from Alpha Bravo? Or a military deco Aerialbot?

Lightspeed from Dead End, probably. Or Streetwise if that mould is different and suits better.

Strafe... um... hey, he never had much of an alt mode anyway, right? Aerialbot.

Afterburner from Groove, or a new mold Legend?

Legend Shockwave with Bruticus, new deluxe (possibly) with Computron. Rook or First Aid might be due a re-use.

Rack 'n Ruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-13, 05:47 PM   #133
Unicron
Time for plan bee-weeoop

Quote:
Originally Posted by inflatable dalek View Post
Leading theory for the Silverbolt remold/redeco is actually Cyclonus. I believe he showed up in listings at one point, plus he appears in an app where he appears to be a Silverbolt remold (chibi-type appearance, but there's enough detail to make out). Same app showed off the blue repaint of Powerglide, the one that's themed on the Cobra Rattler, I think it was named Viper.

Unicron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-13, 08:39 PM   #134
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK

The Constructicons are looking alright... I like the square and chunky aesthetic.

http://i.imgur.com/raLKPTh.jpg

Old 2015-02-13, 09:12 PM   #135
Knightdramon
Primus

York, UK

A tad indifferent so far to Devastator, but there's a lot of stuff announced/supposedly about to be shown this weekend, so there's hope.

I'm personally very eager to see Hot Spot, Cyclonus and the deluxe autobot cars.

LDR Class Ultra Magnus as well, though after MP Magnus I think I've got that covered.

Old 2015-02-14, 11:24 AM   #136
Unicron
Time for plan bee-weeoop

I'm definitely interested in that Devastator, though I'm a touch disappointed by Mixmaster being changed to a front loading mixer. Seems like an unnecessary change but I can live with it.

Still, I need more pictures, preferably not stock photos. Hasbro hasn't been doing too great with those lately. Anyway, there's definitely some weird things going on in this one.
I question if Devy is going to be that pinheaded. And it might be the perspective (or funky editing) but it looks like Mixmaster is going to be shorter than Scrapper in leg form, causing Long Haul to contribute more to left leg. Not necessarily a bad thing, just seems strange.

Unicron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-14, 07:25 PM   #137
inflatable dalek
Duke of Kidderminster

Kidderminster UK

WE'RE GETTING A MINIMUS AMBUS TOY.

Coming with Magnus Armour as well.

If we're getting an entirely new Magnus, and descriptions of Cyclonus (who apparently will combine to form Galvatronus) sound like it might be an original as well as the vehicle mode is apparently "Perfect" G1, maybe Scattershot will get away with not being Silverbolt as well?

Really hard to see MTMTE completely sitting out the crossover now, half the cast are getting new toys out of it.

Old 2015-02-14, 08:02 PM   #138
Warcry
Likes Beast Wars toys. A lot.

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

Also, Protectobots!

Those look pretty bloody fantastic, IMO. Streetwise and Hot Spot in particular.

[EDIT]Cyclonus is there too. Not sold on him, though. The short horns and blocky limbs are pretty disappointing.

Warcry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-14, 08:05 PM   #139
Knightdramon
Primus

York, UK

LOL @ the Protectobots...the only original mould is the newbie Rook and Hot Spot as well as the legends Groove.

First Aid is a remoulded Offshoot or what's his name [new Stunticon], Blades is a remoulded Alpha Bravo, Streetwise is a remoulded Dead End.

Magnus looks nice, might have to double dip on that one next to my MP figure.

Cyclonus looks nicer than I thought.

Old 2015-02-14, 08:08 PM   #140
Rack 'n Ruin
Unregistered User

Debris, UK

There are pics on the Allspark Twitter news feed (am I allowed to say that?).

Magnus looks like a maybe buy for me. I love the character, and the IDW take is right up my street, but the toy looks a little cheap in places (the white plastic, the wheels). However, I hope better pics will improve the look of the thing. Minimum Ambus is a great addition, imo.

Cyclonus looks a bit fat, but somehow a bit more G1 than the Deluxe. Think I'll stick with the Deluxe though.

Hot Spot looks nice, but the head looks weird in pale blue. I guess they did that to differentiate him from the inevitable Onslaught remould. Streetwise and Blades look great. Haven't spotted Groove or First Aid yet, but Defensor looks like a must buy.

The Constructicons all have robot and alt modes! Woot! The bots look a little basic, with some not having elbows at all, and others just having a simple hinge there. But let's face it - most collectors will display Devastator combined anyway.

Rack 'n Ruin is offline   Reply With Quote