[The Transformers Archive - an international fan site]
Please feel free to log in or register.

• transformers toys
  • transformers comics
  • transformers cartoon
  • transformers live-action movies
  • transformers fandom
  • transformers forum

Go Back   TFARCHIVE > TRANSFORMERS > Transformers Toys & Merch > Site Toy Reviews

Old 2014-10-10, 09:19 PM   #21
Knightdramon
Primus

York, UK

I remember reading a lot of people over at tfw2005 having problems with this figure's joints or plastic---then again people at tfw2005 have problems with pretty much everything.

Any of these hold true on the mass retail release or is it just blown out of proportion?

Admittedly Roadbuster is pretty low on my list [heck, Springer is at the top of the list and I've put off buying him for longer than a YEAR], but I'd hate for him to be pushed further back

Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
Knightdramon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-10, 09:35 PM   #22
zigzagger
There ain't no Sanity Clause

**shrugs**

Haven't picked one up yet, but Roadbuster looks all right to me. And the feet can be pushed inward as I understand, so I've no qualms with that. I agree he is a bit lanky, though.

Mind, it's not something I'd go out of my way to get. He looks fine, yes, but not great. More like if I happen to spot one while out and about, then I might nab a Roadbuster. Maybe. I did cave in and pick up the Voyager Whirl a while back, and I totally dig him. A Roadbuster would 'complete the set', so to speak.

zigzagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-11, 06:48 AM   #23
inflatable dalek
Duke of Kidderminster

Kidderminster UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal View Post
Geez, lighten up. You misunderstood my meaning. I didn't intend "Rewrite!" as an order to Skyquake87, it was more of an exclamation like "Pass!" or "Called it!" I read Skyquake87's last reply and didn't bother arguing with him further, so let's consider the matter settled.
Then you really need to think about how you come across when you post as this isn't a new problem and I think it's more likely that your writing style is (hopefully unintentionally) overly confrontational than all the staff and various posters who had issues with your comments in the review forum over the year are being overly sensitive as a group.

Not to mention the hypocrasy in your attitude here, coming over as ordering Skyquake to do a rewrite when you recently threw a passive aggressive hissy fit over a suggested one line change to your third party Galvatron review.

Just remember, you're not a mod, not an editor so please don't act like one and there won't be any issues going forward. If not, there will be a temp ban (and in terms of lightening up, a lot of forums would have straight up banned you for giving back chat to a mod for telling you to cut something out. We don't because we're a nice bunch of people).

Now, simply because I suspect poor old Skyquake is turning a deep shade of red over this whole lot of nonsense, this really is the end of this now. All posts after this post will be just about Roadbuster, further discussion and questions can be done via PM or a different thread.

As a general point to everyone: Mod preference never comes into it when we put reviews up. We all have styles and writers we like and dislike but one thing the Archive has always been keen to cultivate in its prose content is variety, not just what the small group of people in charge think is good but to both provide something for everyone and to encourage as many people as possible to contribute. As long as it reads coherently what a mod- or anyone in the peanut gallery- thinks of either your style or opinions is irrelevant. So don't anyone be put off by all this, we love you all deep down inside.

@Knightdramon: I've had no problems with the figures joints or plastic on the handful of times I've fiddled with him over the last two months.

inflatable dalek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-12, 12:25 PM   #24
Skyquake87
One with the Matrix

I think the plastic quality is fine, and the paint gives him a nice sheen, just that those ratchet joints on his shoulders are so heavy you can feel the strain of them moving against their plastic housings.

Skyquake87 is offline   Reply With Quote