• transformers live-action movies
  • transformers fandom
  • transformers forum

Go Back   TFARCHIVE > TRANSFORMERS > Transformers Media & Fandom

Old 2014-12-21, 04:29 AM   #1
inflatable dalek
Duke of Kidderminster

Kidderminster UK
Exclamation Inflatable Dalek's 2014 Christmas Quiz.

Those of you with long memories will remember I did this in prose form last year with prizes (and Aunty Slag telling me off for the questions being too hard).

This year, I have no prizes, but I have done a YouTube video asking similar questions about the UK comic (or more specifically the issues I've covered on my website this year) just for fun.

I've basically ignored the "Too hard" complaint by making it even more difficult by the questions being read out in my comedy voice.

Still, how many can you get right?

[The format of the video is: I ask the questions. You can pause, rewind or stop the video at any point as I do so if you need to have a think. Then I do an advert for my plans in 2015- including the book version of my site- and then I read the answers. It's that simple! Put how well you did either here or in the comments on the blog]

http://thesolarpool.weebly.com/blog/...christmas-quiz

inflatable dalek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-21, 07:31 PM   #2
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK

First one was kind of guessable from the habits of the US comic. Don't remember much of this stuff, if I ever did.

Book (preferably ebook option -- POD pricing still tends to be a rip off) is definitely a better way to follow long form blogs IMO. Only about a book behind with Tardis Eruditorum by this point.

It's fairly straightforward; https://kdp.amazon.com/help?topicId=A2MB3WT2D0PTNK

Denyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-21, 08:38 PM   #3
inflatable dalek
Duke of Kidderminster

Kidderminster UK

Some sort of physical book would be preferable just to go on my own shelf, but I'll almost certainly do an Ebook as well for those buying out of reasons other than my own ego.

I intend to pick Mr. Turnbull's brain about lulu at some point.

Old 2014-12-26, 12:02 AM   #4
Auntie Slag
Satisfaction guaranteed !

Cambridge, UK
Smile

OK, I've just done the quiz. I did this just drawing from memory and I think I've got one question right and maybe half of Questions 2, 5 and 10. You sure don't make it easy, man!

Presumably most people are doing this quiz from memory? Otherwise it'd be significantly easier to flip to the relevant comics/scans/wiki.

[Edit] Having listened to your answers I got one full question right. There's probably no half marks awarded because Question 3 requires three answers. However, I reckon Question 10 is up for debate, it could be 'X', but I thought it should be at least one more!

"It's not until you're an adult you appreciate how awesome a dog is. Your dreams start dying, somebody cheats on you, bankers f*** up your pension. Then you come home and that dog's looking at you and he's like, 'Dude, you're awesome!' - Bill Burr

I re-invented my image so many times that I'm in denial that I was originally an overweight Korean woman. - David Bowie

Last edited by Auntie Slag; 2014-12-26 at 12:21 AM.
Auntie Slag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-26, 09:06 AM   #5
Skyquake87
One with the Matrix

I managed 5 out of 10. Your quizzing is tough ... but I like it, avoids the more common things one might expect

Skyquake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-26, 02:38 PM   #6
inflatable dalek
Duke of Kidderminster

Kidderminster UK
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auntie Slag View Post
[Edit] Having listened to your answers I got one full question right. There's probably no half marks awarded because Question 3 requires three answers. However, I reckon Question 10 is up for debate, it could be 'X', but I thought it should be at least one more!

Of course you can have a half point Slag, it's Christmas!

If I missed someone off from question 10, feel free to put it in spoiler brackets and if I agree you'll get a bonus point as well!

Well done to Skyquake as well!