• transformers live-action movies
  • transformers fandom
  • transformers forum

Go Back   TFARCHIVE > TRANSFORMERS > Transformers News & Rumours

Old 2015-10-02, 04:07 PM   #301
Warcry
Likes Beast Wars toys. A lot.

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

In spite of being a comic fan I really do prefer Shockwave in his brighter cartoon colours. He's just so eye-catching!

Quote:
Originally Posted by inflatable dalek View Post
Nice they've got the two hand choice for Shockwave for those moments when you just have to re-enact More Than Meets the Eye.
The clear hand and gun are a nice choice too for those who prefer toy-accuracy, though TBH I don't see the point until they do the inevitable toy-colours version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unicron View Post
As expected, Shockwave is fantastic. I'm fine with the backpack thing. It looks to me like the barrel is non-removable because of it being on a fold-out armature or some such, so they have to cover it in robot mode somehow, and it's a good way to include a stand to help display him in gun mode.
I hope the barrel is removable, because he'll probably be more poseable without it on and also because unless my memory is failing me the barrel just appeared out of nowhere like Prime's trailer whenever Shockwave transformed. But I guess can see why they'd make it attached. There's a certain sect of TF fans that are super hardcore against partsforming for whatever reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendocon 2.0 View Post
But not if the look you're going for is "cross-section of Hot Rod digesting the Matrix".
Good to see they had their priorities straight for this guy!

This looks like it'll be worse than the old MP, even with all the QC problems that one had.

Quote:
Originally Posted by inflatable dalek View Post
I'm not sure what repaints we might get for Hot Rod, though an all red hate plague version would be neat (and let them do the stock white MP10 Prime now we have a proper Ultra Magnus).
Evil!Rodimus is likely, since they did that with the last MP. Beyond that, who knows?

Maybe they'll take after Fun Pub and turn him to Side Burn. That'd really rile up the Geewunners, at least.

Warcry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-02, 04:31 PM   #302
Brendocon 2.0
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

UK
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warcry View Post
II hope the barrel is removable, because he'll probably be more poseable without it on and also because unless my memory is failing me the barrel just appeared out of nowhere like Prime's trailer whenever Shockwave transformed.
The grey spacegunmode barrel? Definitely detachable - one of the pictures shows it pegged to his back instead of the regular backpack.

Brendocon 2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-02, 04:37 PM   #303
Skyquake87
One with the Matrix

I like Shockers! He's one I will definitely be saving up for. Not at all interested in Hot Rod, which is funny 'cos I quite like the character.

Skyquake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-02, 06:27 PM   #305
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK

Wouldn't mind a MP Shockers in grey, actually.

Denyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-02, 06:27 PM   #306
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Smile

The legs on MP-29 make it a no-brainer for me I'm afraid, though I can see why some aren't planning to upgrade.

Cliffjumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-02, 06:54 PM   #307
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK

Wouldn't see it as an upgrade, personally, the same as I prefer the original MP Convoy and Invisible to more cartoony models.

Someone elsewhere phrased it as being difficult to believe that this Shockwave was a threat to Megatron.

Old 2015-10-02, 07:23 PM   #308
Brendocon 2.0
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

UK
Smile

Those pictures have clinched it for me.

Quakewave may well be big and chunky and imposing with a fair bit of muscle and heft, but the MP one is Shockwave as far as I'm concerned. Spindly shoulder joints and all.

Quakewave preorder gone doned cancelled. Shockers may come in as a bit more expensive, but t'hell with it yo.

Old 2015-10-02, 07:25 PM   #309
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK

How soon after Sideswipe did G2 Sideswipe get shown/released?

Old 2015-10-02, 07:37 PM   #310
Warcry
Likes Beast Wars toys. A lot.

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

Quote:
Those pictures have clinched it for me.

Quakewave may well be big and chunky and imposing with a fair bit of muscle and heft, but the MP one is Shockwave as far as I'm concerned. Spindly shoulder joints and all.
That's how I feel about it too. I'm sure Quakewave is a fine toy, he's just not "Shockwave" the way that the new one is.

(EDIT: As if I haven't said that 80 times already...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denyer View Post
How soon after Sideswipe did G2 Sideswipe get shown/released?
There was more than a year between releases for the two of them if memory serves, but then there was also Red Alert and Tigertrack in between them as well.

They don't seem to churn out the redecos on these big guys as quickly as they do the cars, either, so it might be a while before they get around to Toy Shockwave or Shackwave. I mean, it's been almost a year since Ultra Magnus came out and they still haven't announced an easy-money Powered Convoy release yet.

Warcry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-02, 07:53 PM   #311
Tetsuro
One with the Matrix

Suomi Finland Perkele

I'd rather see this new Hot Rod came with Firebolt. Maybe in the Marvel purple, too.

Tetsuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-02, 07:56 PM   #312
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Smile

Yeh, I'm probably going to go for the cartoon one and worry about a more toy-type colour scheme if/when it's announced. There's been a big enough gap between some releases that if Toy Laserwave is a Super Happy Schoolgirl Panties Megastore exclusive the price for Sunbow Shockwave could be silly (and if it is there's always the chance for reselling).

The rocket boots are the winner, always imprinted on me as an integral part of the guy.

TT don't actually seem to be randomly milking repaints of the line as much as history might have suggested, and TBH looking at the release schedule actually laid out (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/The_Transform...piece#Products) they've not actually been too gougy; Sideswipe was basically three years ago and we've only just had Clamp Down announced when we were all expecting him and Deep Cover and a Movie Colours Sideswipe to be out the same week as Red Alert.

The line seems to be very well budgeted and big pieces like Star Saber show that recolours aren't necessarily crucial (the weird MP-10 stuff is part Takara Tomy just seeing what they can do and part Convoy being a rock star in Japan). Tigertracks and Redbee are the only ones that have seemed a bit lazy; the rest have made a fair few fans squee with delight (G2 Bee and Sideswipe; Exhaust; blue Bluestreak) and there's a lot of effort going in to making them distinct - things like Prowl & Bluestreak/Sideswipe and Red Alert having different heads through to Road Rage being a more thorough retool than many mainline toys bother with are all things which would have put nobody off but they did anyway.

Old 2015-10-03, 12:07 PM   #313
Brendocon 2.0
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

UK
Smile

Confirmed pricing's starting to turn up for the MPs.

Kapow Toys and TFs Express have both got Hot Rod for preorder at 44.99 (regular price 49.99) and Shockwave at 99.99 (109.99 regular at TFS, 114.99 regular at Kapow).

Obviously both plus domestic shipping where applicable. Yarp.

Old 2015-10-03, 02:19 PM   #314
Knightdramon
Primus

York, UK

Hot Rod---8000 yen retail, Shockwave, 16.800 yen. About as much as I figured each to be

I must admit that they both look a bit...awkward, in different ways each.

I think that Hot Rod is a toy that will look great at certain angles, and very odd at others. He has some Animated-like proportions with his beefy, flat upper torso and [in comparison] skinnier legs. Appears to be crazily articulated though. Car mode is passable.

Shockwave looks too...panel-y from the waist downwards. Looks like there's some massive panel shifting and collapsing for his calves. It appears that his calves either expand to bulk up his legs or withdraw, either way, I hope they can lock into place and not be like Megatron.

I think of the two I like Shockwave a bit more, yes.

Rumours have it there's at least one more large Decepticon for 2016.

Magnus re-issue----nice. Good chance for folks that missed him the first time around. I like that Takara is thankfully being a bit more mindful with their re-issues. Magnus' reissue comes at 14 months after his initial release, compared to almost 2 years for some others!

Hope the eventual Hasbro Magnus comes with the two goggle-eye faces the initial prototype was shown with.

I've already counted one poster so far at tfw2005 semi-complaining that the line now has too many releases in too short a time span.

After months of moaning that 2015 hasn't got enough releases.

Knightdramon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-03, 02:25 PM   #315
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Red face

FORGET MAGNUS WHEN ARE THEY REISSUING A NON-STUPID SOUNDWAVE?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Old 2015-10-03, 02:25 PM   #316
Brendocon 2.0
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

UK
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightdramon View Post
Hot Rod---8000 yen retail, Shockwave, 16.800 yen. About as much as I figured each to be
Which works out to the 100+ UK landed that I predicted, so yay us for knowing what we're talking about?

Quote:
I think that Hot Rod is a toy that will look great at certain angles, and very odd at others. He has some Animated-like proportions with his beefy, flat upper torso and [in comparison] skinnier legs. Appears to be crazily articulated though. Car mode is passable.
I've ordered Hot Rod and reckon I can get away with just keeping him in vehicle mode. Might complement him with a Carry.

Quote:
Rumours have it there's at least one more large Decepticon for 2016.
Calling it as Galvatron.

Quote:
I've already counted one poster so far at tfw2005 semi-complaining that the line now has too many releases in too short a time span.

After months of moaning that 2015 hasn't got enough releases.
TBH I'd happily sack off 3Ps, Generations and most of my meals if they churned these out at one a month.

Old 2015-10-03, 02:45 PM   #317
Knightdramon
Primus

York, UK

Quote:
Which works out to the 100+ UK landed that I predicted, so yay us for knowing what we're talking about?

TBH I'd happily sack off 3Ps, Generations and most of my meals if they churned these out at one a month.
I'm actually very, very pleased [and at the same time, a tad horrified] at how downright competitive the UK market has become in relation to the japanese retail.

Just last year, MP Wheeljack cost me about 33 pounds shipped from HLJ [SAL, EMS would probably have been more + customs] and the average UK retail price was 50+ pounds plus shipping. At those prices, it was a no-brainer.

Fast forward a year, UK prices have fallen by 5-10 pounds depending on the MP figure while the Japanese retail has gone up, meaning the lines are starting to blur when it comes to price and shop convenience. Especially for bigger and more expensive items that will attract customs.

I don't know about sacking my meals [still love them], but sacking Generations and 3rd party toys does leave me with some disposable income for these toys. I'm only a tad worried that at some point, they'll have made every figure I wanted and...that's it. Mission accomplished. They're already almost there with the MP Decepticons, as far as I'm concerned.

Knightdramon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-22, 05:25 AM   #318
Unicron
Time for plan bee-weeoop

So they're making a Masterpiece Ramjet

Unicron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-22, 07:48 AM   #319
Brendocon 2.0
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

UK
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unicron View Post
**** YES BABY.

This is what I demanded/asked-nicely-for in that Hasbro survey so you'd all better be nice to me in future because I'm in charge of the franchise now.

I hope he has a little horse accessory.

Shame they've engineered it so the cone is part of his head mould and it looks like he's dropping a spiky turd of doom, but I can cope.

Old 2015-10-22, 09:04 PM   #320
Ryan F
hunts pandas for lolz

Better get my skates on and order a Thundercracker then, I suppose. Had been holding off...

Ryan F is offline   Reply With Quote