Go Back   TFARCHIVE > TRANSFORMERS > Transformers News & Rumours

Old 2016-04-08, 09:55 AM   #521
Brendocon 2.0
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

UK
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by numbat View Post
Looks nice, but still don't understand why Afterburner is the wrong colour...
There seem to be a few instances in the cartoon where he's been rendered in red while in robot mode. But vehicle and combined mode are still orange, so **** knows.

Brendocon 2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-08, 03:10 PM   #522
Unicron
Time for plan bee-weeoop

They probably used a bad picture from the Wiki as a color reference...

Unicron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-08, 03:28 PM   #523
Warcry
Likes Beast Wars toys. A lot.

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

Well, now I feel like a doofus because out of that whole group Strafe is easily the best. Whatever they did to the Blast Off mold, he looks a million times better than his mold-mate.

The rest of them do nothing for me, though. Scattershot is just as awkward as Silverbolt was. Afterburner's colours are all wrong. And so are Lightspeed's, at least for my tastes -- he's darker than the cartoon, which was itself a lot darker than the original toy. Plus the mold he's based on is just awful no matter what colours it's in. Nosecone's okay I guess, but Nosecone's always been kinda boring for me.

Warcry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-08, 06:50 PM   #524
numbat
Legends Class

Scotland, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warcry View Post
Nosecone's okay I guess, but Nosecone's always been kinda boring for me.
What's not to love about a giant drilling machine? He was always the best...

numbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-08, 07:28 PM   #525
Knightdramon
Primus

York, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetsuro View Post
Or how about just reissuing Sideswipe?

Or is that too much to ask?
I think he was recently-ish reissued mate. Was on sale at Kapow recently, he's back up for 50 quid at the moment.

On the technobots---nifty.

On MP14+ ...just give me Deep Cover already! The mould looks worse off in the cartoon colours as a lot of the detail is intentionally washed off, but it will have its audience.

Knightdramon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-08, 08:53 PM   #526
Skyquake87
One with the Matrix

I'm surprised we've not had Deep Cover too .. (my favourite of the Diaclone schemes, fo' sho' ...jostling for position with G2 Sideswipe and Tigertrack in my affections for the Lambo 'bots)

Skyquake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-08, 08:58 PM   #527
Warcry

I think Deep Cover got pushed to the back of the line when they did G2 Sideswipe, since their vehicle mode looks are so similar (especially since the G2 EXTREEM deco is in the form of optional stickers). I'm sure they'll do it sooner than later, though.

Old 2016-04-08, 09:33 PM   #528
Skyquake87
One with the Matrix

I'd like Deep Cover extra more if he was a Decepticon. And didn't have those silly gold shield badges on his door...(i still wonder about 'carefully removing'* them from my E-Hobby toy)

*carefully removing = peeling it half off, it tearing and leaving a horrible mess on the toy that not even hours of patient blu-tak-ing removes. like the mess I made to that Preacher book when I tried peeling off Titan's MEGA STRONG barcode/ price labels they used to stick over imported DC prints for the UK market

Old 2016-04-09, 01:18 PM   #529
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK

Rather interesting collaboration between Hasbro and Chinese company Xiaomi --

https://www.geeksaresexy.net/2016/04...omputer-video/

End result is decent, although doesn't scream Soundwave. Makes me think similar techniques could work with Megatron though.

Denyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-09, 05:29 PM   #530
Hound
Married to Sadie

Henshin!

Seems like that would piss off Takara.

Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-10, 09:36 AM   #531
Knightdramon
Primus

York, UK

Yeah, Deep Cover wouldn't be too dissimilar from G2 Swipe in car mode. Isn't the only difference the shade of the wildshield/clear plastic?

Looking forward to when he's announced though, the teal/blue with white and black looks killer in robot mode.

That Soundwave looks ok. Seems more inspired by Prime and DOTM Soundwave in sculpt.

Old 2016-04-13, 09:31 PM   #532
Knightdramon
Primus

York, UK

People at arms about Red Alert +, both sides arguing about cartoon accuracy, real life accuracy, direction of the line, every value the line held lost, jumping ship, slap in the face and so on.

So all in all, usual "pre-release announcement and pics" event.

I'll say one thing though, this mould has so far more releases than the MP03 seekers in both Hasbro and Takara markets and more releases than the MP11 seeker if you only count one market.

Old 2016-04-13, 09:45 PM   #533
Brendocon 2.0
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

UK
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightdramon View Post
People at arms about Red Alert +, both sides arguing about cartoon accuracy, real life accuracy, direction of the line, every value the line held lost, jumping ship, slap in the face and so on.
Here's a ****ing novel concept for people: they don't have to ****ing buy it if they don't want to.

As eye-rolling as it may be, I really don't see the difference between reissuing Red Alert in "more cartoon accurate colours" and all the different versions of Bluestreak. Okay, it would have been nice to have had the heads-up that they planned to do that before we bought the first iteration, but there'll be a secondary market for the bloody thing if people want to switch out.

"Every value the line held lost" is absolutely ****ing hilarious. Have they seen the Linkin Park Soundwave? The Evangelion Convoy? And we left "real world accuracy" behind the moment they re-did Starscream in white.

Every mould is going to be rinsed for any colour scheme that Takara think they can get out of it in order to bring down average costs. That's blatantly ****ing obvious. It's basic economics, and nobody who's been awake during Combiner Wars can even pretend to be surprised that this is a thing that's happening. And just because Alert's 90% the same as the regular Lambo mould doesn't mean those sirens are exempt from earning their way in the world.

This fandom can ****ing **** the **** right the **** off some days, it really can.

Brendocon 2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-13, 09:54 PM   #534
Knightdramon
Primus

York, UK

Mostly agree on the fandom overreacting. I wish I had the patience to go back on old [year +...see what I did there? plus] threads and see exactly who got into arguments with me that the line was going for pure cartoon accuracy and I was a fool to think it goes for a healthy balance of all sources...

Don't quote me on this, but I'm pretty sure most of those pr!cks are the ones that today argue about Red Alert +.

I do agree on the fact that this repaint, and everything it might red carpet on us, is entirely optional. At this point we have Diaclones with new sculpts, standard line and maybe, if this catches on, uber cartoon accurate repaints. ...so...?

I'm glad for all these options. This will make collections more diverse in style, give everybody a better chance at getting at least one of these moulds in a colour that THEY like better, and hopefully make more money for Takara so that they can continue to pump releases like Star Saber and Primal.

Old 2016-04-14, 08:09 PM   #535
Skyquake87
One with the Matrix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightdramon View Post
I'm glad for all these options. This will make collections more diverse in style, give everybody a better chance at getting at least one of these moulds in a colour that THEY like better, and hopefully make more money for Takara so that they can continue to pump releases like Star Saber and Primal.
So am I. I'm really not into getting all these MP toys to have another version of a character I already own, save for characters I really love, so stuff like the Diaclone repaints and retools, G2 homages and whatnot are right up my street and appreciate that Takara are putting out something for everyone.

And why not have a collection of Sideswipe moulds? The Countach is sexy as f**K.

Old 2016-04-14, 09:15 PM   #536
Warcry

Smile

It's honestly amazing how much vitriol a simple cash-in repaint is generating. But what's even more amazing is that the people who are the angriest seem to be the ones who actually like it! It's like some people immediately started to feel dirty as soon as they realized that there was going to be a Red Alert toy 5% more cartoon-accurate than the one they bought.

After thinking on it a bit myself, even though I think the original is better in practically every way, I like that they did this. For a collector-targeted line, it's nice to have little variants like this so that people can pick and choose to find the one that's right for them. Now if only they'd make a toy-accurate one for people like me, with Sideswipe's head and shoulders...

If nothing else, having some deco changes makes it more interesting than just doing a straight reissue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyquake87 View Post
So am I. I'm really not into getting all these MP toys to have another version of a character I already own, save for characters I really love, so stuff like the Diaclone repaints and retools, G2 homages and whatnot are right up my street and appreciate that Takara are putting out something for everyone.
I'm 100% on board with this. There's so many good versions of most of the popular G1 cast out there. I'm way more excited to get a fancy modern G2 Sideswipe or G2 Bumblebee or Blue Bluestreak or Exhaust than another Wheeljack or Prowl.

Old 2016-04-15, 04:59 PM   #537
numbat
Legends Class

Scotland, UK

I love all the MP options. It lets me buy the ones I like. Yay options!

numbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-20, 09:07 AM   #538
Brendocon 2.0
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

UK
Red face

Ahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

*cries*

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	inferno.jpg
Views:	73