• transformers forum

Go Back   TFARCHIVE > COMMUNITY > General Discussion

Old 2017-03-15, 01:53 PM   #701
Brendocon 2.0
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

UK
Red face

Ebay's ****ing fun at times isn't it?

Listed something last month. Two days before it ended the high bidder cancelled his bid ("entered the wrong amount" though no new bid was placed, so presumably just found it cheaper elsewhere) and the price dropped by about fifteen quid.

So the auction closes and I get a message from the winner that basically said "er, sorry what, how what how?" because he'd had a message telling him he'd been outbid, so he'd done what you'd normally do in this situation and bought it from someone else instead.

So I send a second-chance offer to the next highest bidder, who messages me saying "oh yes please that's great" but doesn't actually click buy to seal the transaction and then never messages me again.

I bang my head against the wall for a day or so, give it a few weeks and then list the item again.

It's now sold for more than I was originally going to get for it (pre bid cancellation) to... wait for it... the guy who cancelled his bid in the first place.

I feel like I'm living in a bad episode of Only Fools & Horses over here.

Brendocon 2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-15, 11:51 PM   #702
Clay
"I've done better and got over it."

Murray, KY
Question

Quote:
Step 1: list item on ebay.
Steps 2-5: ????
Step 6: profit
Yeah, you have some superfluous points in this iteration.

Clay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-16, 07:53 AM   #703
inflatable dalek
Duke of Kidderminster

Kidderminster UK
Smile

I've so much crap thst should go on Ebay, but the effort seems ridiculous.

Most annoying encounter recently was as a buyer when I picked up a couple of Very Expensive Marvel UK latter dsy specials. Asked about combined postage, but they pointed me to the T&C that said they only do that for three items or more. But as it was Christmas they'd knock a pound off. Of course they both came in one reused envelope so they'd basically overcharged me on that.

Which wouldn't be so bad (if you're going to spend silly money on comics reprinting comics you already own, you can cope with that), but as I didn't have chance to leave feedback right away, they sent me about five "YOU'RE GOING TO LEAVE FEEDBACK RIGHT??!!!" messages in a week. Which became a self fulfilling prophecy in terms of me not leaving them any feedback.

inflatable dalek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-17, 07:02 PM   #704
Tetsuro
One with the Matrix

Suomi Finland Perkele

Well I ended up with a free betamax recorder so I got that going on for me.

Tetsuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-17, 07:16 PM   #705
inflatable dalek
Duke of Kidderminster

Kidderminster UK
Red face

I now own more copies of The War Within than is strictly sane.

Old 2017-03-17, 07:52 PM   #706
Warcry
Likes Beast Wars toys. A lot.

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

So more than zero, then?

Warcry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-17, 08:03 PM   #707
inflatable dalek
Duke of Kidderminster

Kidderminster UK
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warcry View Post
So more than zero, then?

Old 2017-03-29, 08:40 PM   #708
Sades
Ms. Snarkypants

In a hut by a river on top of a big ol hill.
Smile

If anyone is boring in the same way that I am, the Okeanos Explorer team are currently partway through their exploration in the waters of American Samoa. Livecam here (currently in-port; remote dives begin again on April 27th):

http://oceanexplorer.noaa.gov/okeano.../exstream.html

Highlight videos here:

https://www.youtube.com/user/oceanexplorergov/videos

bookbookbookbookbookbook bookbookbookbookbookbook bookbookbookbookbookbook bookbookblaghbookbookbook bookbookbookbookbookbook bookbookbookbookbookbook bookbookbookbookbookbook bookbookbookbookbookbook bookbookbookbookbookbook
Sades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-03, 03:35 PM   #709
Brendocon 2.0
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

UK
Red face

"Yeah hi I know I won this item for 60 but my son bid on it and that's far too much for a toy. But if you knock 3 off it I'll pay?"

Or howsabout I cancel the sale and just offer it to the next bidder? Actually don't answer, I'm doing that.

No answer from the second chance offer. Fine.

Wait.

Wait.

Relist.

Original buyer bids. I cancel the bid because **** off. Block him from bidding on any of my auctions. Explain that he didn't complete the purchase the previous time in the reason for bid cancellation.

"Hi mate I don't appear able to bid on this?"

Yeah. I ****ing wonder why.

Old 2017-04-03, 04:11 PM   #710
ganon578
GO BLUE!

NoCo

ebay can be such a pisser sometimes. OK, not eBay, the people on eBay.

Much like that, I had a buyer respond to a Mega Bloks set I sold off. Twas for her son. Apparently a couple of key pieces were missing.

I'm a thorough seller. What's in the photos goes in the box. I pack immediately after snapping photos. It's all there. I make some recommendations (namely, checking the box and whatnot) and mention that if it's truly my fault, I need the exact part numbers to replace them...

A few days later I finally get a response. The pieces were 'miraculously' found within her son's Mega Bloks bin. Go figure.

3DS Friend Code: 0387-9979-6466
Nintendo Network ID: rondo52
ganon578 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-14, 02:44 AM   #711
Sades
Ms. Snarkypants

Smile

Aaaaaaargggghhhh #@!$#&^*&

I hate being caught in the middle of shit.

bookbookbookbookbookbook bookbookbookbookbookbook bookbookbookbookbookbook bookbookblaghbookbookbook bookbookbookbookbookbook bookbookbookbookbookbook bookbookbookbookbookbook bookbookbookbookbookbook bookbookbookbookbookbook
Old 2017-04-14, 07:45 AM   #712
Skyquake87
One with the Matrix

I went to see Hellyeah in Leeds on Monday. They were amazing. Best gig I've been to for sometime. I went with a friend from work who I've only ever chatted to via email and text, plus the odd call, so that was cool. Nice to finally meet her in person! We had big sticks of meat and silly drinks and did moshing

Skyquake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-14, 01:22 PM   #713
inflatable dalek
Duke of Kidderminster

Kidderminster UK
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sades View Post
Aaaaaaargggghhhh #@!$#&^*&

I hate being caught in the middle of shit.
Caught by what?

I've recently been given a trophy for 15 years at work. I knew where to put it:

https://twitter.com/InflatableDalek/...88544889298949

Old 2017-04-14, 09:33 PM   #714
Tetsuro
One with the Matrix

Suomi Finland Perkele

I've been considering getting a Laserdisc player.

Yes, a Laserdisc player. In 2017.

And the reason for that is...turns out there's quite a few titles out there I want that still haven't been released on DVD. And in a few cases they have been, but the LD still somehow manages to be better. Sure, all of them are probably available on VHS too, but that's really not a collector friendly format.

Only problem is that since there hasn't been any players manufactured since like 2001, the ones out there are either costly, falling apart or both. I mentioned the betamax machine on teamspeak to some friends and eventually the conversation moved to me mentioned I want an LD player for above reasons and one of them offered to give me theirs for free if I just pay the shipping - but since it's from the US and it's a big, heavy device, I'm looking at shipping costs of around 100 dollars - and since it's some kind of an educational model and really basic in terms of specifications, I'd be better off buying an old karaoke machine locally, and you can bet none of them have optical audio out.

Old 2017-04-14, 10:20 PM   #715
Sades
Ms. Snarkypants

Ahhhhh. Nothing big, just one of those situations where no matter what I do someone is going to be upset, and I hate that. It's been resolved, in predictable fashion and now I feel JUST GREAT* but eh. Pardon my grr.

*but opposite

Quote:
Originally Posted by inflatable dalek View Post

I've recently been given a trophy for 15 years at work

Old 2017-05-26, 09:09 AM   #716
Brendocon 2.0
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

UK
Red face

*uses Buy it Now*

*waits two days*

"Hi I'm paying in an hour will you post the item out today?"

Er, yeah probably.

"Okay I've paid."

"Did you get the payment?"

"Have you sent it out? Can I have the tracking number?"

eBay is awful these days. I can't even NF the ****er anymore for being annoying. Not that I'd do that...

Old 2017-05-26, 01:44 PM   #717
Tetsuro
One with the Matrix

Suomi Finland Perkele

So while the rest of the world is distracted by either Manchester or Trump being a dick in some way; the city of Marawi in Philippines has turned into a war zone because the police raided the hideout of a wanted terrorist leader. Who happened to have about a hundred other insurgents with him. Who then proceeded to take hostages of everyone in a school and a hospital and behead everyone they couldn't prove was a muslim.

Holy shit.

Old 2017-05-26, 07:22 PM   #718
Skyquake87
One with the Matrix

The news here has been depressing - a whole week of pointless "live" updates on nothing happening. The BBC were loving this as it was right on their doorstep- loads of reporters standing about in streets, loads of speculation and not actually a right lot to report on for most of the time, yet there we are witnessing endless ambulance chasing journalism. Special mention for the utterly tasteless questions asked of the head of hosiptal security at one of Manchester's hospitals; "what kind of injuries are you dealing with?" and today's Metro (from the makers of the Daily Mail) printing a ton of pictures of the dead; as usual they've picked out pictures of fruity young ladies to print. Tasteful.

Meanwhile, more interesting and important stuff happening in the world is ignored.

Dd like Theresa May looking utterly unimpressed with Trump at the NATO meeting though. Oh, and Jeremy Corbyn has thought now would be a good time to point out that terrorism in Britain is the direct result of our foreign policy. Not the best time, Jezza. Just as well as there's not an election going on.

It's all going to be okay, because we're going to censor the internet so that'll solve everything.

Skyquake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-27, 12:06 PM   #719
Tetsuro
One with the Matrix

Suomi Finland Perkele

Speaking of tasteless reporting, how about the UK tabloids basically doxxing the white hat hacker who stopped the wannacry ransomware attack?

Old 2017-06-10, 11:31 AM   #720
Tetsuro
One with the Matrix

Suomi Finland Perkele

I was reading a follow-up story on the whole Indonesian crisis where muslims who do not support ISIS hid and smuggled out their Christian friends and neighbors, which is a nice bit of good news in these days of dread. I couldn't help but to mentally replace the word "christians" with "jews" in the article and it kind of gives you a good idea of what sort of folk the insurgents really are.

So how was the UK election anyway? I just saw some rather amusing candidates and some fella using it to say how Brits aren't allowed to make fun of the American elections anymore, only to be shot down with "well at least we didn't actually elect a joke". Heh.