• transformers fandom
  • transformers forum

Go Back   TFARCHIVE > COMMUNITY > General Discussion

Old 2016-06-10, 02:43 PM   #241
inflatable dalek
Duke of Kidderminster

Kidderminster UK
Red face

Spider-Man had a character called Madam Web in in. Who could forget that?

inflatable dalek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-10, 07:31 PM   #242
Cyberstrike nTo
Primus

In the Dead Universe known as Indianapolis
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by inflatable dalek View Post
Spider-Man had a character called Madam Web in in. Who could forget that?
Wasn't she voiced Stan Lee's wife in the 90s series?

The X-WCW a fun site for fun people.
Cyberstrike nTo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-10, 07:51 PM   #243
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Yes, Spider-Man supporting character Madam Web did indeed voice Stan Lee's wife for a short period in the nineties before handing the role over to Daphne from Scooby Doo.

Cliffjumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-10, 08:36 PM   #244
inflatable dalek
Duke of Kidderminster

Kidderminster UK
Red face

He traded up then.

I'm currently being tempted by the fact the 1980's Miss Marple is on blu ray in America. The popular opinion seems to be it's better than the more recent one where she regenerates, takes over books Miss Marple wasn't in and is constantly fighting lesbian Nazi nuns and I like me some Christie but Marple is a character I've never really dived into.

inflatable dalek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-11, 01:34 PM   #245
Skyquake87
One with the Matrix

I remember enjoying the '80s Marple on the Beeb. Joan Hickson is fantastic as Marple to the point I can't imagine anyone else in the role being anything but a pale imitation. Nice title sequence from what I recall too.

Skyquake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-11, 02:13 PM   #246
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK

I remember it being better than it was when I tried re-watching one a few years back. Fantastic theme though.

Denyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-11, 03:55 PM   #247
HeavyArms
Unicron

Karingal, Victoria, Australia

I'm about 3/4 through the second season of Ultimate Spider-Man and I feel like there may be too many cutaway gags, kind of like Family Guy, also, they use monkey screeches pretty often whenever Spider-Man is surprised by something (usually a jump scare).

Destruction is my specialty
HeavyArms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-13, 07:15 AM   #248
Sades
Ms. Snarkypants

In a hut by a river on top of a big ol hill.

GoT:

SPOILER! (select to read)
So it's pretty much a given that Tommen's going to die, right? Today's episode has me wondering if (ARGH FAN THEORY/SPECULATION TIME) Cersei ends up killing him herself. Valonqar is High Valyrian for little brother, maybe Jaime kills her for killing Tommen. That'd be a handy way to open up the possibility of him becoming the "good guy" the show keeps hinting he has the potential to be.

Arya: irritates me. But I'm glad she finally killed that T-1000 and is going home, because I've not been a big fan of this entire Braavos thing.

Brienne, I love you. Don't go anywhere.

Hey, look! Dany's back at the pyramid. Allrighty then.

bookbookbookbookbookbook bookbookbookbookbookbook bookbookbookbookbookbook bookbookblaghbookbookbook bookbookbookbookbookbook bookbookbookbookbookbook bookbookbookbookbookbook bookbookbookbookbookbook bookbookbookbookbookbook
Sades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-20, 07:26 AM   #249
Sades
Ms. Snarkypants

Red face

Srs no one talked about random TV that doesn't have its own thread for a week? Filthy casuals.

[/twat]

GoT:

YAS. Good times, good times. RiP GoT budget

Shhhhhhiiit Yara and Theon must have gotten away with the speedboat portion the Iron Fleet.

Oh, 100 ships. Well, that's not far off from 1000. * >.> ; twiddles thumbs*

DRAGONS BE BURNIN' SHIT YEAAAAHH. But as much as I like to see things on fire- Curbing that firebug tendency, good job Tyrion/Dany.

Bye Rickon. I really don't give a shit that you're gone, but that's not your fault. I hope you got paid well for what basically amounted to a glorified extra's role, kid.

Holy shit, Sansa. She is one cold-ass mother****er.

I liked the timing on that bastard battle, I don't even care that it was predictable. Ramsay is my favourite villain right now. He was just a horrid, bad bad man.

Speaking of awful ****ers (albeit of a more... watered-down variety), Littlefinger's back. AND THE CROWD GOES MILD.

I miss the giant more than I miss Rickon.

bookbookbookbookbookbook bookbookbookbookbookbook bookbookbookbookbookbook bookbookblaghbookbookbook bookbookbookbookbookbook bookbookbookbookbookbook bookbookbookbookbookbook bookbookbookbookbookbook bookbookbookbookbookbook
Old 2016-06-20, 07:46 AM   #250
Brendocon 2.0
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

UK
Red face

Dogfood, mother****a.

Brendocon 2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-22, 02:51 PM   #251
Cyberstrike nTo
Primus

In the Dead Universe known as Indianapolis

Just got through watching The Loner a 60s Western created by Rod Serling (of The Twilight Zone) starring Lloyd Bridges on DVD, it's overall a pretty good show. It's worth a look for fans of those involved.

The X-WCW a fun site for fun people.
Cyberstrike nTo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-22, 07:01 PM   #252
Skyquake87
One with the Matrix

Still on the fence with Preacher. Third episode was ace, this weeks was a bit all over the place like the others have been. Just needs a bit more focus and to take its foot off the gas a little and just give the characters some room to develop. I've no idea what's going on with Tulip, her character is all over the place.

Old 2016-06-25, 11:45 AM   #253
HeavyArms
Unicron

Finished the remainder of Ultimate Spider-Man S2 and now moving onto True Detective S1.

Old 2016-06-26, 04:00 AM   #254
Hound
Married to Sadie

Henshin!

I've heard True Detective is brilliant. Though that was when season one had just finished and I haven't watched it myself so take that with a grain of salt.

I've been watching a lot of Pokemon lately. Which has been a lot of fun since I've come to accept Team Rocket's obnoxiousness and stopped letting them annoy me.

Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-27, 08:02 AM   #255
Sades
Ms. Snarkypants

Tried to make a got post, but typing on my phone is not great, (HD is ****ed on computer). FRUSTRATION.

It was good, sad I have to wait so long for next one, and houndreadthelastdamnbookgoddamnyou.jpg

Old 2016-06-27, 10:03 AM   #256
Heinrad
Ironmod

Riskin' it all on my Russian Roulette!

Much to my surprise, Netflix(at least in the U.S.) has gotten a whole slew of Detective Conan...... Er, Case Closed, that is - episodes from the last couple of years.

As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Heinrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-28, 04:47 AM   #257
Transfannabeel
Matrix Keeper

in the corner losing my religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hound View Post
I've heard True Detective is brilliant. Though that was when season one had just finished and I haven't watched it myself so take that with a grain of salt.

I've been watching a lot of Pokemon lately. Which has been a lot of fun since I've come to accept Team Rocket's obnoxiousness and stopped letting them annoy me.
The first season is. The acting and directing really elevates the a great story. The second season isn't worth checking out. Luckily, they're both standalone!

Transfannabeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-02, 05:08 PM   #258
HeavyArms
Unicron

Quote:
Transfannabeel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hound View Post

The first season is. The acting and directing really elevates the a great story. The second season isn't worth checking out. Luckily, they're both standalone!
That's what I've heard as well, which is why I'll be treating it as one and done show once I'm done with it.

Old 2016-07-02, 10:14 PM   #259
Skyquake87
One with the Matrix

Whoop! Finished up GoT Season 6 and after a few episodes where this felt like it didn't know where to go without the books to lean on, this had a really great last few episodes. I especially approve of Sansa toughening up. Hooray!

Preacher has started to pick up, now its spending some time to explain its set up and what's going on with the characters.

Old 2016-07-03, 06:44 AM   #260
Sades
Ms. Snarkypants

Talking

Yes, Sansa's gone from one of my least favourite characters to one of my favorites.