• transformers forum

Go Back   TFARCHIVE > COMMUNITY > General Discussion

Old 2015-12-07, 05:44 AM   #141
Warcry
Likes Beast Wars toys. A lot.

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warcry View Post
"considering the other things we've seen her in, I wonder how long until she takes her clothes off"
Episode five, as it turns out. I'm surprised it took that long, actually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heinrad View Post
It wasn't Josh Hartnett. You're thinking Ryan Phillippe(or however it's spelled), and the episode is Gift of the Wheelman. Which, yes, is a Christmas episode.
Yeah, I figured you'd know if anyone did, Mr. "I know exactly how many stunt cars they blew up by heart."

Even more remarkable is the fact that I remember that conversation, which must have been a decade-plus ago by now. And now I can't help but wonder if we ever solved that age-old "find a way to make Stranglehold wear pants" quandary, which is an even stranger thing for me to remember...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sades View Post
Can confirm, am Canadian who remembers Due South. And now that I remembered it exists, I kinda want to watch it.
Me too, dammit. Jokes aside, honestly I don't remember much about it at all other than that Paul Gross was awesome.

Warcry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-08, 12:55 AM   #142
Sades
Ms. Snarkypants

In a hut by a river on top of a big ol hill.

Yeah, I wonder if it will be one of those things that will be completely destroyed by a re-watch...

(apologies to Heinrad, whose post I somehow managed to miss completely when I posted the same thing he posted. )

bookbookbookbookbookbook bookbookbookbookbookbook bookbookbookbookbookbook bookbookblaghbookbookbook bookbookbookbookbookbook bookbookbookbookbookbook bookbookbookbookbookbook bookbookbookbookbookbook bookbookbookbookbookbook
Sades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-16, 05:05 AM   #143
Sades
Ms. Snarkypants

Red face

HBO is showing the entirety of Game of Thrones starting from tonight. First three eps tonight.

I think Bad Lip Reading has ruined me for these early episodes, I can't watch Robert Baratheon without thinking of frigging Medieval Land Fun-Time World.

edit: This bunch sure does take life for granted despite all the spouting of the doom and gloom, don't they? "We'll talk when next we meet" etc... No, and no you won't.

bookbookbookbookbookbook bookbookbookbookbookbook bookbookbookbookbookbook bookbookblaghbookbookbook bookbookbookbookbookbook bookbookbookbookbookbook bookbookbookbookbookbook bookbookbookbookbookbook bookbookbookbookbookbook

Last edited by Sades; 2015-12-16 at 06:54 AM.
Old 2015-12-17, 06:09 AM   #144
Sades
Ms. Snarkypants

I'm on the 6th episode, I can't remember if this is the horrid killing babies episode or not.

... Though I'm pretty sure that comes a whole lot later.

"A Golden Crown" . Oh, shit, this is the one where that annoying dragon guy bites it. Awesomesauce.

Old 2015-12-19, 01:30 PM   #145
HeavyArms
Unicron

Karingal, Victoria, Australia

Finally finishing off Arrow S2 after a 2-3 month hiatus, currently on the episode where Team Arrow is trying to take down the Deathstroke Army.

Destruction is my specialty
HeavyArms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-19, 07:23 AM   #146
inflatable dalek
Duke of Kidderminster

Kidderminster UK
Smile

I've been getting back into 60's Batman over the last week. The tailend of season 2 feels a bit tired, especially the Other Riddler story.

On the other hand, the Catwoman in Collage story revealed the...interesting way she walks down a staircase:

https://twitter.com/InflatableDalek/...87965973737472

Even beyond that (and Julie Newmar was rather stunning) I really enoyed that story, it felt a lot sharper than the show had been for a while with lots of meta jokes about it being a Hollywood TV show; Alfred in the Batcostume (they've done it a few times now, but it's hilarious Every Single Time) and Catwoman's incredibly scathing summing up of Robin when trying to convince Batman they should work together instead ("He's a little dull, all "Holy this" and "Holy that"", made even funnier by Robin being Very Proud earlier in the story with having come up with a especially contrived one).

inflatable dalek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-19, 07:47 PM   #147
Skyquake87
One with the Matrix

I'm watching War & Peace loosely based on the ginormous book by Tolstoy as adapted by Andrew "More Sex Please" Davies, along with Lucy Worsley's proper history of the Romanovs on BBC 4 (which contains many silly for no reason bits where the lisping historian mimics the poses of paintings). W&P is alright, but it seems to be walloping along at a right old pace which seems at odds with the source material and the times. Its like 'what if the C19th was happening right now?'.

Skyquake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-19, 07:54 PM   #148
Auntie Slag
Satisfaction guaranteed !

Cambridge, UK
Smile

I've started watching Battlestar Galactica because its available for pennies these days (the 2004 update). Gaius Baltar is easily the best thing in it, the rest feel like forgettable stereotypes. Even though he hams it up something rotten, without him I wouldn't bother carrying on with it.

I've only watched The Plan and half of the first season so far. I missed the entire thing when it was on TV the first time round.

Auntie Slag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-19, 08:00 PM   #149
inflatable dalek
Duke of Kidderminster

Kidderminster UK
Red face

Watching The Plan first basically ruins half the show for you.

Old 2016-01-19, 08:06 PM   #150
Auntie Slag

Cambridge, UK
Smile

I bought the first and second series initially. Got four episodes in and it was bludgeoning me with all the stuff that had happened pre-Season one i.e. Gaius' dodgy backstory. So I found this webpage that lists the viewing order.

I'm pretty sure the good guys will win. Or the bad guys; nothing will ever be the same again, this is not your Father's Autobot blah blah etc.

Old 2016-01-19, 08:29 PM   #151
Brendocon 2.0
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

UK
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auntie Slag View Post
I bought the first and second series initially. Got four episodes in and it was bludgeoning me with all the stuff that had happened pre-Season one
Yeah, you need to have watched the 2003 mini series first, as per that website's order.

Anybody starting with season 1 is going to have no idea what's going on.

The Plan was done after season 4 concluded and basically retells seasons 1 and 2 from the other perspective, so hopefully that isn't what you've watched.

Brendocon 2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-19, 08:39 PM   #152
inflatable dalek
Duke of Kidderminster

Kidderminster UK
Red face

Ah yeah, the Mini Series isn't included in the UK season 1 set is it? I'd forgotten that.

And oh Slag, calling it the wrong name just to make me despair, you scamp you. Even beyond it basically being a clip show with new clips, the Plan is quite bad as well and so I'd suggest leaving it till last and then only if you're really interested.

Old 2016-01-19, 08:42 PM   #153
Auntie Slag

Cambridge, UK
Red face

Ooh feck, I realised my mistake! I shouldn't have said The Plan in my first post. I meant the mini-series, sorry Dalek. It didn't click why you said what you said... Yeah, I definitely should have said 'the mini-series', not The Plan.

Haven't bought The Plan, that's for later unless the writing in Hollyoaks take a massive upturn.

Old 2016-01-19, 08:46 PM   #154
Brendocon 2.0
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

UK
Red face

Stand down the memory wipe.

Brendocon 2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-20, 10:18 PM   #155
Skyquake87
One with the Matrix

I've just watched an amazing doc on BBC 2 about a small Welsh town that engages in the sort of aggressive tax avoidance practised by all our favourite multi-nationals in the hope that our feckless politicians will change tax law to make it a fairer playing field for big and small businesses.

Currently watching The Comic Strip Presents which is NEW and about the phone hacking scandal.

Old 2016-01-20, 11:09 PM   #156
ganon578
GO BLUE!

NoCo

Watching Star Wars: Rebels as the second half of Season 2 kicks in tonight (good lord this trailer got me excited!) so I'll watch that with the kids.

Otherwise, the wife and I have been keeping up with the second season of Galavant as is airs. It's pretty ace.

3DS Friend Code: 0387-9979-6466
Nintendo Network ID: rondo52
ganon578 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-21, 08:20 PM   #157
Cyberstrike nTo
Primus

In the Dead Universe known as Indianapolis

I watched Agent Carter: Season One last night.

The X-WCW a fun site for fun people.
Cyberstrike nTo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-21, 08:28 PM   #158
Skyquake87
One with the Matrix

Its alright is Agent Carter. I liked it. Its like Supergirl, a bit of fluff that's amiable enough.

Old 2016-01-21, 08:30 PM   #159
inflatable dalek
Duke of Kidderminster

Kidderminster UK
Red face

I'm trying to think of a way of saying Hayley Atwell is awesome that wouldn't make me sound like some sort of disgusting pervert.

Old 2016-01-21, 08:31 PM   #160
Skyquake87
One with the Matrix

How about "Hayley Atwell is awesome." Because she is.

..see, its all in the delivery