Topless Robot interviews - 10 Things We Learned From the 1986 Transformers Movie's Original Cast & Crew

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Denyer

Topless Robot interviews - 10 Things We Learned From the 1986 Transformers Movie's Original Cast & Crew

Post by Denyer »

"What if we back off a lot and just make Optimus a very nice gentleman who doesn't shout at anybody, because he knows what the hell he's doing?"

http://www.toplessrobot.com/2015/03/tra ... cullen.php

Stumbled on it when Emiliano Santalucia linked this just (a remastered soundtrack for MOTU has just been released, which might interest a few of you as well);

http://www.toplessrobot.com/2015/04/he- ... rse_cd.php
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

I don't think there was anything there I hadn't heard before, but it's a nice collection of anecdotes.

Though you hear that sound? That's Ron Friedman's head spinning round as Dille takes full credit for the film script again.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Tetsuro
Protoform
Custom Title: Poe Dameron did nothing wrong

Post by Tetsuro »

Denyer wrote:Stumbled on it when Emiliano Santalucia linked this just (a remastered soundtrack for MOTU has just been released, which might interest a few of you as well);

http://www.toplessrobot.com/2015/04/he- ... rse_cd.php
Personally I prefer the scores to Ghostbusters and Bravestarr, but the music for the 80's Filmation stuff has always been excellent. I wonder if I should pick this up in hopes it might encourage the release of the scores for the other two - although I doubt they're anywhere near as popular as MOTU, and this is probably already pushing the envelope in terms of widespread appeal.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Neither's really stuck in the mind, although I've re-watched a chunk of Bravestarr in the last year (it suffers from the movie coming first and generally being better than the series) and some stray Ghostbusters episodes (apart from the general mood-setting background bits) -- there's a gap in the market for loads of compilation CDs if anyone could ever sort the rights out. Many themes transcend the tolerance of 80s/90s kids for actually watching the shows themselves.

I could go for both on principle, though. Really hoping that this recent warehouse find or decommissioning has turned up She-Ra masters as well.

Just discovered someone's compiled six-and-a-half minutes of Animals of Farthing Wood death scenes... weird series, that. The producers seemed determined to kill off more of the cast and more quickly than the books.