• transformers fandom
  • transformers forum

Go Back   TFARCHIVE > TRANSFORMERS > Transformers Media & Fandom > New Comics

Old 2015-05-30, 12:37 PM   #21
Heinrad
Ironmod

Riskin' it all on my Russian Roulette!

WOOHOO!!!!!! MORE NIGHTBEAT!!!!!!!!

Yeah, he seems to be more like The Question from Justice League Unlimited than Remington Steele, but as long as he's got some kind of a foil to keep him from going all conspiracy theory, he should be fine.

Having joined this series when Nightbeat did(the different take grated on me a little at first, but the only way to get proper Nightbeat involves time machines and kidnapping Simon Furman in the late 80s), a lot of the background stuff and "handwavey" things I seem to have missed.

But this was a lot of fun. Although I will admit the Thunderclash School of Heroic Arts felt a little odd. I admit I know squat about Thunderclash so far in this series, but I skimmed the posts the first time he showed up, and it kind of left me with the impression that the place might have been named to honor him. Kind of like the famous hero coming back to address a class of cadets only to discover they're renamed the whole institution after him.

I'm still having conceptual problems with Minimus Ambus, but I think that's more to not being entirely certain who Ambus is.

As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Heinrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-30, 12:44 PM   #22
inflatable dalek
Duke of Kidderminster

Kidderminster UK
Smile

We only have Flamey's- possibly highly dubious if she is evil- lack of recall to suggest that there is a memory issue.

inflatable dalek is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-30, 12:51 PM   #23
Unicron
Time for plan bee-weeoop

Quote:
Originally Posted by inflatable dalek View Post
We only have Flamey's- possibly highly dubious if she is evil- lack of recall to suggest that there is a memory issue.
Perhaps. Like so many others, this is a mystery that requires more info before we can solve it.

Unicron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-31, 12:35 AM   #24
KingMob
Micromaster

The crew at large don't know Brainstorm spiked them.

Nautica allowing Brainstorm to further 'upgrade' her wrench was shown as a sign of rapprochement last issue, the object itself is symbolic of their friendship. She's allowing him to add to it again because of that connection, and she may even be letting him do it because she knows he likes to tinker and he's under restrictions; he's not allowed in his lab without supervision.

Also note that he adds the attention-deflector detector to it on Getaway's request.

Skids and Getaway are two of the more capable people on the ship and are in the know about Brainstorm, so suffice as 'watchers'. If they're even there in that regard.

Getway has been shown to be a manipulative SoB and so him acting chill around Brainstorm could well be a facade (either just to get the tech he wanted, or as part of his general 'keep 'em onside' behaviour)...as could have his noticeably dramatic reaction to finding out he was a traitor in the first place.

KingMob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-01, 11:38 PM   #25
Red Dave Prime
Assistant Comic Reviewer

Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingMob View Post
The crew at large don't know Brainstorm spiked them.

Nautica allowing Brainstorm to further 'upgrade' her wrench was shown as a sign of rapprochement last issue, the object itself is symbolic of their friendship. She's allowing him to add to it again because of that connection, and she may even be letting him do it because she knows he likes to tinker and he's under restrictions; he's not allowed in his lab without supervision.

Also note that he adds the attention-deflector detector to it on Getaway's request.

Skids and Getaway are two of the more capable people on the ship and are in the know about Brainstorm, so suffice as 'watchers'. If they're even there in that regard.

Getway has been shown to be a manipulative SoB and so him acting chill around Brainstorm could well be a facade (either just to get the tech he wanted, or as part of his general 'keep 'em onside' behaviour)...as could have his noticeably dramatic reaction to finding out he was a traitor in the first place.
That's some pretty good thinking there King Mob. Beats my ideas anyway.

Red Dave Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-06, 12:06 PM   #26
Auntie Slag
Satisfaction guaranteed !

Cambridge, UK
Lightbulb

I didnít get on with this issue at all initially. It felt exactly like one of those Star Trek: TNG filler episodes, you know, one or two people solve the ship-wide infection, hit the reset button at the end and move on. And thatís unduly harsh. I should have reacted the same way to the Delphi story but didnít, and that has had plenty of repercussions since. Thereís no reason to think elements of this story wonít affect future stories either, that is the way the writer works.

And going back over it has given it more of a fun theme. I feel Swerve is likeable again after hitting his low at the beginning of the Megatron arc. Like KingMob said; the crew donít know it was Brainstormís doing that poisoned them, so donít the majority blame Swerve instead, which is another reason why everyoneís off at Mirageís bar?

I like the fact that Bluestreak sticks with him, though.

The cover was irritating. I just donít like the whole Femmebot concept, and this goes back to the 80ís cartoons. I know their existence has been explained with the whole Camina thing, but Iíd still much rather we had issues about Scraplets or Donny Finkleberg or something.

Iím intrigued as to who that massive guy is standing behind Groove when Rodimus hits the gong. Heís kind of orangey with a winch on his waist. Makes me wonder whether thatís the first appearance of Spoke or Lockstock (although Spoke may turn into a bicycle, or a robot Vulcan).

The only robots who appear immune to the germs/egg-things are the Caminus femmebots, so perhaps the solution to the problem lies with them, if First Aid can discover it before he succumbs to the infection?

The final panel is pretty cool too, it reminds me of a mashup between the City of the Dead story from Marvel (featuring Magnus, Flame & the Wreckers), and the IDW Insecticon infestation two-parter with Jazz, Sunstreaker, Sideswipe & Bumper vs. Insecticon clones in small US town (always liked that story).

Really happy if this remains a First Aid, Ravage & Minimus centric story. Iíve wanted more Ravage character treatment ever since The Enemy Within. Heís been painfully underused since then.

Auntie Slag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-06, 10:25 PM   #27
Death's Head
Gestalt

London

Yeah, more Ravage is always a good thing. More Roberts' Ravage, in any case!

SMITH
Portfolio | Blog | Freelance Agent Brompton Rhodes - Guns, Girls and Gorillas!
Death's Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-07, 08:23 PM   #28
Auntie Slag

Cambridge, UK
Question

I wondered if the infection was aided by excess activity, the dancing in this case, and the only reason I say that is because Getaway has been infected whereas Nightbeat hasn't. That's further negated by the fact that Countdown died shortly after arriving onboard with no time for dancing.

Where is the rest of ThunderClash's crew?

Any, lots of little touches to appreciate in this issue too:

- Rodimus' 'Weve Achieved Something' sign.

- Whirl in the audience looking like he couldn't care less.

- Doublecross annoying... who I think is Repugnus?

- The Protectobots (Groove & Streetwise) doing some groovy dancing, and Hotspot with a sort of gleeful look like a happy parent.

- The Thunderclash signature on the Select-A-View wall panel behind Nautical & Skids.

One thing that interests me is why Ravage is seemingly 'sparking' all over his body when he leaps over Nightbeat & Getaway. Is this the infectious eggs attacking his nanoscopic attention deflectors? Are they doing this to prevent themselves being revealed & eradicated? (I'm assuming the eggs could be seen on a robot who has deflector tech).

I wonder if they are a mutated form of Scraplet. Mutated by... A reanimated Pharma in a dress?

"It's not until you're an adult you appreciate how awesome a dog is. Your dreams start dying, somebody cheats on you, bankers f*** up your pension. Then you come home and that dog's looking at you and he's like, 'Dude, you're awesome!'Ē - Bill Burr

ďI re-invented my image so many times that I'm in denial that I was originally an overweight Korean woman.Ē - David Bowie
Old 2015-06-11, 08:40 PM   #29
Auntie Slag

Cambridge, UK

Just found out the big orange guy standing behind Groove is an Action Master called Rollout.

So still no visual confirmation on Spoke & Lockstock as yet!

[Edit] Rollout's Action Master partner is a guy called Glitch. I wonder if there's any possibility that he could have a link to Glitch from Pax's Outlier team? I'm sure you could argue not based on the Prowl/Dent thing, and the fact that Skids has had no interaction with Rollout when there's a chance they may be familiar with each other, what with Skids also being an Outlier and Glitch nowhere to be seen in the present.