• transformers cartoon
  • transformers live-action movies
  • transformers fandom
  • transformers forum

Go Back   TFARCHIVE > COMMUNITY > General Discussion

Old 2016-05-20, 03:39 AM   #1
starlord
Triple Changer

Default Guardians of the Galaxy a cheap copy of Star Wars?/Guardians of the Galaxy 2

Is the movie or the comic a Star Wars wanna be?

Are you waiting for it [GOTG2]?

A little nonsense now and then is cherished by the wisest of decepticons.

Last edited by Sades; 2016-05-20 at 04:36 AM. Reason: One of these threads is not conducive to discussion as a stand-alone, merging with recently posted similar thread.
starlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-20, 07:41 AM   #2
Brendocon 2.0
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by starlord View Post
No.

Brendocon 2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-20, 05:24 PM   #3
inflatable dalek
Duke of Kidderminster

Kidderminster UK
Red face

I think I actually liked the GotG film more than The Force Awakens (though the villains aren't up to much in either). Both were a lot of fun mind.

Star Wars is basically an expensive copy of Flash Gordon with some Dune thrown in anyway.

inflatable dalek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-20, 06:06 PM   #4
Cyberstrike nTo
Primus

In the Dead Universe known as Indianapolis

Quote:
Originally Posted by starlord View Post

Are you waiting for it [GOTG2]?
The comic has been through so many variations over the years I mean at one point it was set in 30th century which would make it more of Legion of Super-Heroes wanna be than Star Wars. From I've read and seen online the current series is basically a slightly goofier version of The Avengers in space.

The only thing the movie has in common with Star Wars is that it's a movie set in space with spaceships, aliens, and lasers. If anything it's really a Farscape (which is a great and IMHO a vastly under-appreciated sci-fi TV show that is screaming for a sequel/spin-off or a reboot TV series or a movie) wanna be in terms of it's characters, setting, and overall plot.

But yeah I want to see it.

The X-WCW a fun site for fun people.

Last edited by Cyberstrike nTo; 2016-05-20 at 10:22 PM.
Cyberstrike nTo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-20, 07:41 PM   #5
Sades
Ms. Snarkypants

In a hut by a river on top of a big ol hill.

The 90's run of GOTG was one of the first (if not the first) comic series that I read, thanks in large part to a box of books my parents bought at a yard sale. I think I read somewhere that the "original group" was supposed to make an appearance at some point, not sure how that's going to work out or look.

There's a possibility I dreamed that, I've been sleeping a lot lately. I'll have a look for sauce later when I can GAF.

bookbookbookbookbookbook bookbookbookbookbookbook bookbookbookbookbookbook bookbookblaghbookbookbook bookbookbookbookbookbook bookbookbookbookbookbook bookbookbookbookbookbook bookbookbookbookbookbook bookbookbookbookbookbook
Sades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-20, 10:25 PM   #6
Cyberstrike nTo
Primus

In the Dead Universe known as Indianapolis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sades View Post
The 90's run of GOTG was one of the first (if not the first) comic series that I read, thanks in large part to a box of books my parents bought at a yard sale. I think I read somewhere that the "original group" was supposed to make an appearance at some point, not sure how that's going to work out or look.

There's a possibility I dreamed that, I've been sleeping a lot lately. I'll have a look for sauce later when I can GAF.
Original the character of Star Hawk was going to get a new name and look but the writer/artist at the time was Jim Valentino left and became of the founders of Image Comics and he took the name and basic look for his make over of Star Hawk and created Shadow Hawk which truth be told was probably the best of the original Image Comics (which I know isn't saying much but at the time he was best writer of the original Image Founders and Valentino's artwork on the first two Shadow Hawk mini-series probably holds up the best against the rest of the Image Founders' artwork at that time) but after the second mini-series ended it went to shit and nobody cared about his attempt to find a cure for AIDS or when he died.

The X-WCW a fun site for fun people.

Last edited by Cyberstrike nTo; 2016-05-21 at 03:16 PM.
Cyberstrike nTo is offline   Reply With Quote