• transformers cartoon
  • transformers live-action movies
  • transformers fandom
  • transformers forum
Old 2016-07-11, 10:48 PM   #1
Patapsco
Sod. Off

Smile Ghostbusters

Shockingly enough, it's not as bad as the internet has made it out to be and is easily miles better than Ghostbusters 2, but still not a patch on the original. I've just come out of the cinema feeling royally entertained, so there. However... the film's pacing is all over the place, there doesn't seem to be a second act to speak of and the film takes forever to get going. Bizarrely, there's too many ghosts as the start whereas in the first there's the Librarian and Slimer: here there two or three before they actually get their equipment. Speaking of which, there's too much of that as well and they mostly seem to only be there just to do some special effects shots - though Kate *SWOOOOOOOON* McKinnon's dual pistols is actually kind of funny.

That said, there's a lot to like about it: the primary cast is excellent, Kate *Be still my beating heart* McKinnon basically steals every single scene she's in, Chris Hemsworth is bloody hilarious, the cameos are well placed (yes, even Ramis gets one), the effects are pretty damn good (though they didn't use the original proton beam noise) and it hits a lot of the beats from both movies and The Real Ghostbusters cartoon without being too flashy with it. I'd give it a solid 7/10

"When did you first realize that he uses bad grammar to distract you whenever you raise an objection to something he wants to do?"
Patapsco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-12, 08:15 PM   #2
Skyquake87
One with the Matrix

I really want to see this! Pleased to hear its pretty decent

Skyquake87 is offline   Reply With Quote