• transformers live-action movies
  • transformers fandom
  • transformers forum
Old 2018-08-09, 10:20 AM   #1
Auntie Slag
Satisfaction guaranteed !

Cambridge, UK
Talking Lost Light #22

Lorks-a-Lordy this is like watching the final few hundred metres of a race. Everything is happening in double-quick time, seemingly shocking stuff bounds onto the panel, and is resolved a few panels on.

Most important of all, why aren’t BBC Breakfast’s Charlie Stayt and Naga Munchetty talking about this issue? It’s a damn sight more interesting that a lot of what they’ve reported today. I mean the ending is... please you have to read it, I don’t want to spoiler it; its a big one!

I read somewhere there’s in fact only two issues to go, the last one will be an epilogue or something (I’m still hoping for heroic 26-page song & dance number).

It still feels like James has been royally shafted, the story needs more issues to breathe. I’m starting to feel miffed about the number of things that may never get properly addressed.

And if he ever finds what happened in this issue; Red Alert’s gonna s***!

Edit Hey, we can swear now! Ok, just because we can doesn’t mean that we should /Ian Malcolm

"It's not until you're an adult you appreciate how awesome a dog is. Your dreams start dying, somebody cheats on you, bankers f*** up your pension. Then you come home and that dog's looking at you and he's like, 'Dude, you're awesome!' - Bill Burr

I re-invented my image so many times that I'm in denial that I was originally an overweight Korean woman. - David Bowie

Last edited by Auntie Slag; 2018-08-09 at 10:39 AM.
Auntie Slag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-09, 08:32 PM   #2
Skyquake87
One with the Matrix

Bloody hell! I only downloaded #19 a week ago...! Where are all these coming from?!

Skyquake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-09, 10:07 PM   #3
Gouki
Not a robot.

Australia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyquake87 View Post
Bloody hell! I only downloaded #19 a week ago...! Where are all these coming from?!
IDW's inability to manage a schedule properly?

"Give into the Demon inside... Shun Goku Sattsu!"
Gouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-10, 02:01 PM   #4
inflatable dalek
Duke of Kidderminster

Kidderminster UK
Smile

I think they're rushing to keep up with Unicron so the inevitable surprise appearance of the Lost Light crew at one point will sync up properly.

22 was a very good issue.

inflatable dalek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-11, 07:04 PM   #5
Red Dave Prime
Assistant Comic Reviewer

Ireland

Feels like its going out on a high, albeit rushed. I very much enjoyed the last few issues and issue 22 was very good. Going out in style, When Lost Light 25 hits I think I'll be done with TF comics. It wasnt perfect but MTMTE to LL has been hugely enjoyable and I'm not sure anyone will be let top it (I only see more Hasbro interruptions). It's no surprise that this series is at its best when left alone and at its worst when it has to re-gel with the other series (and now franchises)

Red Dave Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-14, 08:39 PM   #6
Auntie Slag
Satisfaction guaranteed !

Cambridge, UK
Talking

Got to agree with you there, Dave. LSotW brought me back to comics and made me give MTMTE a try, however the other Transformers comics aren't much to write home about.

Its been a merry old time. From Megatron: Origin to the end of Lost Light; good clean family fun (apart from people getting sawn in half, torn in half, obliterated, turned inside out, mashed, brains torn out, heads smashed in etc).

"It's not until you're an adult you appreciate how awesome a dog is. Your dreams start dying, somebody cheats on you, bankers f*** up your pension. Then you come home and that dog's looking at you and he's like, 'Dude, you're awesome!' - Bill Burr

I re-invented my image so many times that I'm in denial that I was originally an overweight Korean woman. - David Bowie
Auntie Slag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-27, 10:20 AM   #7
Skyquake87
One with the Matrix

Got caught up with #20 - 22. Lots of stuff happening!!! And all of it very good. I'm impressed that Roberts has focused on getting his key ideas out there, which keeps the story nice and tight, despite clearly being incredibly rushed by the forced ending to IDWs Transformers comics. Rodimus has really stood out in these last few issues and I liked his big speech/ realization that his team isn't just his small crew of regulars, but everyone. Aww give us a hug Rodimus. Loved the lovely panels with the Red Scraplets and Whirl in whatever issue that was. Art has been great throughout too.

I'll be sad when this is all over. There are too few comics these days that I've enjoyed, and IDWs Transformers was all over the shop until LSOTW and the arrival of MTMTE and RID. It's a shame Hasbro are pulling the plug, but I've at least greatly enjoyed these stores and will fondly re-read these in the same way I do the old Marvel stuff.

Looking forward to the next couple of issues. Hope they don't all die. Again.

Skyquake87 is offline   Reply With Quote