• transformers fandom
  • transformers forum

Go Back   TFARCHIVE > TRANSFORMERS > Transformers Toys & Merch

Old 2017-12-01, 12:47 PM   #21
Clay
"I've done better and got over it."

Murray, KY
Smile

Does anyone know what kind of figure stands are compatible with the peg holes they've been including in most transformers for the past few years?

I know that the peg holes are included for that purpose, but I can't remember which stands they're designed for, or even if it matters.

Clay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-01, 07:04 PM   #22
Warcry
Likes Beast Wars toys. A lot.

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

They're the same sized peg as you'd find on Figmas -- I've currently got Misfire hanging out in jet mode on the stand that came with one of my Links. So anything that's marketed as compatible with them should work with Transformers too.

I'm fairly sure that Japanese stands have fairly standardized peg sizes, so it shouldn't be too tough to track some down that are compatible.

Warcry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-02, 02:12 AM   #23
Tantrum
Systems Analyst

Aquidneck Island, RI, USA

I've got a 3-pack of "Bandai Tamashii Stage Act.5 for Mechanics Clear" that work with TFs. All the other writing on the box is in Japanese. I had to tighten a screw to make it support a figure's weight, but have had no other problems. I think they're on Amazon.

The holes in TFs also fit the rods/pegs used by some Mega Blocks sets to make roll bars, exhaust pipes, and such.

I've attached a pic showing what you get and how I'm using it. Skybyte is the simplest, just a large rod plugged into the base. Highbrow has the large rod and base with two small rods and two hinges used to reach the top. Thundercracker doesn't have the mounting hole, so I have one of the flat claws grabbing his bot mode head to hold him steady. I took another flat claw, the last small rod, and some LEGO and Mega Blocks to make a 4th stand for Jetstorm.

In front are the other pieces. The 4 barely visible ovals are used to connect the bases to make a larger base. You can see the holes they connect to along the base edges. Then there's the 3rd hinge, 3 broad claws, and the 3rd flat claw.

My only complaint is that the holes on the bases are different sizes than those on the small rods, hinges, and figures. So, you can only plug large rods into bases, you can't use large and small rods to mount multiple small figures to the same base.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	stands.JPG
Views:	12
Size:	448.5 KB
ID:	11714  

Alleged "poems"
that don't follow a rhyme scheme
are not poetry

Last edited by Tantrum; 2017-12-02 at 06:08 PM. Reason: added pic and description
Tantrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-03, 11:18 PM   #24
Clay
"I've done better and got over it."

Murray, KY
Smile

This is very helpful. Thanks!

Clay is offline   Reply With Quote