The Transformers Archive Skip to main content / Also skip section headers

[The Transformers Archive - an international fan site]
Please feel free to log in or register.

 
  • transformers toys
  • transformers comics
  • transformers cartoon
  • transformers live-action movies
  • transformers fandom
  • transformers forum

Go Back   TFARCHIVE > TRANSFORMERS > Transformers Media & Fandom

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2017-09-02, 08:45 PM   #61
Marisa
Banned
 
Default

Omega Supreme says:


 
Marisa is offline  
Old 2017-09-02, 09:14 PM   #62
inflatable dalek
Duke of Kidderminster
 
inflatable dalek's Avatar
 
Kidderminster UK
Red face

You're confusing the 1985 Transformers character Omega Supreme with the TV's Incredible Hulk's counterpart David Bruce Banner.
 
inflatable dalek is offline  
Old 2017-09-02, 10:22 PM   #63
Marisa
Banned
 
Default

Is Shockwave more powerful than Megatron?

Is Galvatron the most powerful Decepticon? If not, how is he able to bully everyone around. He even smacked Predaking in the back of the head, and was mean to Bruticus. Sixshot was also afraid of Galvatron.
 
Marisa is offline  
Old 2017-09-03, 12:37 AM   #64
Marisa
Banned
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Dave Prime View Post
Ok, I'm out.
I'm sorry for going from zero to Hitler in 5 seconds.

Baby come back. You can blame it all on me.
 
Marisa is offline  
Old 2017-09-03, 12:44 AM   #65
inflatable dalek
Duke of Kidderminster
 
inflatable dalek's Avatar
 
Kidderminster UK
Default

The problem is you're using a 20th century (this forum dates back to 1996!) medium of communication. Like those creaky G1 fans you need to join us (and our secret comparative Hitler/Megatron conversations) in the Teenies. With three years left.
 
inflatable dalek is offline  
Old 2017-09-03, 02:40 AM   #66
Marisa
Banned
 
Default

Omega Supreme has the highest healing factor in the Transformers universe. In the IDW comics I heard if the walls of his base get broken, they grow back.

This makes him the Deadpool of the Transformers universe. And since the Incredible Hulk is said to have the highest healing factor in the Marvel universe, this is another connection between Omega Supreme and the Hulk.
 
Marisa is offline  
Old 2017-09-03, 03:51 AM   #67
Marisa
Banned
 
Default

I found G1 Omega Supreme's theme song:



It's appropriate because he instills fear in the hearts of his enemies.
 
Marisa is offline  
Old 2017-09-03, 12:21 PM   #68
Cyberstrike nTo
Primus
 
Cyberstrike nTo's Avatar
 
In the Dead Universe known as Indianapolis
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marisa View Post
G1 Omega Supreme had a really aggressive marketing campaign.

Why did most kids never own one?
For the most part: cost and availability. Since most kids in the 80s weren't going to buy the Transformers toys, it was their parents that bought them.

Bigger toys like Omega Supreme cost more and they took more shelf space in stores, and that is one reason why some of them were also hard to find back in the day. Stores only had (and still do) a limited amount shelf space for products and bigger, so bigger and more expensive toys tended not to get ordered and/or reordered than smaller and less expensive toys.

Some of the toys weren't released in some countries like the UK and Japan sometimes for various copyright/legal reasons and/or other reasons.
 



The X-WCW a fun site for fun people.
Cyberstrike nTo is offline  
Old 2017-09-03, 03:09 PM   #69
Marisa
Banned
 
Default

Was it an honor to be one of the Transformers, like G1 Omega Supreme, to star in the G.I. Joe/Transformers crossover?

Did Omega Supreme shine in it? Was he good?
 
Marisa is offline  
Old 2017-09-03, 03:18 PM   #70
Marisa
Banned
 
Default

Did you like it when Galvatron was reformatted and brought back to life as Super-Megatron?
 
Marisa is offline  
Old 2017-09-03, 05:38 PM   #71
Marisa
Banned
 
Default

Doesn't this prove that the G1 cartoon animation can be resurrected:



to create new G1 animated cartoon episodes?
 
Marisa is offline  
Old 2017-09-03, 10:44 PM   #72
Cyberstrike nTo
Primus
 
Cyberstrike nTo's Avatar
 
In the Dead Universe known as Indianapolis
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marisa View Post
Was it an honor to be one of the Transformers, like G1 Omega Supreme, to star in the G.I. Joe/Transformers crossover?

Did Omega Supreme shine in it? Was he good?
No and No.

To call the Marvel G.I.Joe Meets The Transformers mini-series a piece of crap is an insult to piece of crap. The story is so stupid that it makes the worst of either cartoon shows look like Shakespeare in comparison.

Omega Supreme appears at the end of #1 to kick the Joes' ass for blowing up Bumblebee and at the start #2 he leaves Bumblebee's "remains" because Optimus Prime's first death in the Marvel US comics and the Autobots need him back at their base. So basically he's a glorified cliffhanger that only teases that he's going to kick the Joes' asses but never does a damn thing. And Joes get out of a fight that they probably knew that couldn't win. Later on when the Joes learn the truth they rebuild Bumblebee as Goldbug as an apology and at the end of this mess the Autobots leave the Joes with a beacon to contact them if they run into Decepticons and General Hawk (I think that who it was leading the Joes in this mess) declares that the Joes should stay out of the Transformers war because it doesn't involve them or is beyond human understanding.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Marisa View Post
Omega Supreme has the highest healing factor in the Transformers universe. In the IDW comics I heard if the walls of his base get broken, they grow back.

This makes him the Deadpool of the Transformers universe. And since the Incredible Hulk is said to have the highest healing factor in the Marvel universe, this is another connection between Omega Supreme and the Hulk.
No, because
SPOILER! (select to read)
a cosmic powered Starscream kills Omega Supreme in #50 of the Marvel US series and he's never seen again in the US series
whereas the Hulk has survived fighting Thanos when he had the Infinity Gantlet and Deadpool is immortal.
 



The X-WCW a fun site for fun people.
Cyberstrike nTo is offline  
Old 2017-09-03, 11:14 PM   #73
Marisa
Banned
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberstrike nTo View Post
No and No.

To call the Marvel G.I.Joe Meets The Transformers mini-series a piece of crap is an insult to piece of crap. The story is so stupid that it makes the worst of either cartoon shows look like Shakespeare in comparison.

Omega Supreme appears at the end of #1 to kick the Joes' ass for blowing up Bumblebee and at the start #2 he leaves Bumblebee's "remains" because Optimus Prime's first death in the Marvel US comics and the Autobots need him back at their base. So basically he's a glorified cliffhanger that only teases that he's going to kick the Joes' asses but never does a damn thing. And Joes get out of a fight that they probably knew that couldn't win. Later on when the Joes learn the truth they rebuild Bumblebee as Goldbug as an apology and at the end of this mess the Autobots leave the Joes with a beacon to contact them if they run into Decepticons and General Hawk (I think that who it was leading the Joes in this mess) declares that the Joes should stay out of the Transformers war because it doesn't involve them or is beyond human understanding.




No, because
SPOILER! (select to read)
a cosmic powered Starscream kills Omega Supreme in #50 of the Marvel US series and he's never seen again in the US series
whereas the Hulk has survived fighting Thanos when he had the Infinity Gantlet and Deadpool is immortal.
These crossovers are very flattering to G1 Omega Supreme because it depicts him as a nuclear weapon, like a hydrogen or thermonuclear bomb. It does not have to be used, just the threat of it is enough.

Omega Supreme can be rebuilt. He also has self-repair mechanisms and subroutines. If he can grow back walls of his base, he probably has nanotechnology in him, like in Jason X and he has back-up power systems like the Terminator, when he got destroyed by the T1000, and his "Alternate Power" kicked in.

If Wolverine can die, so can Deadpool because that's where his healing factor is derived from, Weapon X a.k.a. Wolverine.

Omega Supreme has been around for millions of years, unlike Hulk and Deadpool, so he's proven his durability.
 

Last edited by Marisa; 2017-09-03 at 11:29 PM.
Marisa is offline  
Old 2017-09-03, 11:28 PM   #74
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door
 
Cliffjumper's Avatar
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marisa View Post
Omega Supreme has been around for millions of years, unlike Hulk and Deadpool.
Not in the comic; he only lived for about five years from being created by Grapple to blown up by Starscream.

IIRC (and it's a piece of shit comic so I'm no expert on it) Deadpool's healing factor is much, much more powerful than Wolverine's, extending to regenerating whole limbs.
 
Cliffjumper is offline  
Old 2017-09-04, 12:05 AM   #75
Marisa
Banned
 
Default

Omega Supreme was one of the Guardian Robots.
 
Marisa is offline  
Old 2017-09-04, 12:12 AM   #76
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door
 
Cliffjumper's Avatar
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marisa View Post
Omega Supreme was one of the Guardian Robots.
In the cartoon, where he's not treated as a deterrent but as a space bus that blows up often and is replaced by Sky Lynx within 30 years. The Guardian Robots are not impressive because otherwise more than one of them would have survived a run-in with the Decepticons.
 
Cliffjumper is offline  
Old 2017-09-04, 12:26 AM   #77
Marisa
Banned
 
Default

In the G1 cartoon, he was the Autobots' last line of defense.

He was the only Guardian Robot to become sentient.

He saved Superion by taking away Menasor's pipe and punching him in the face with it.

Devastator was even scared of him.

In the comics he was Metroplex's protector.
 
Marisa is offline  
Old 2017-09-04, 12:29 AM   #78
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door
 
Cliffjumper's Avatar
 
Default

Yeah, I can see why boring troll is getting boring; third time now, too. Anyone else want a play or shall I just lock?
 
Cliffjumper is offline  
Old 2017-09-04, 12:45 AM   #79
Marisa
Banned
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffjumper View Post
Yeah, I can see why boring troll is getting boring; third time now, too. Anyone else want a play or shall I just lock?
I'm sorry.
 
Marisa is offline  
Old 2017-09-04, 01:26 AM   #80
Marisa
Banned
 
Default

I'd really like for all of us to unite behind this song:



Till all are One!
 
Marisa is offline  
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
 
 
[the-hub.co.uk]
[transfans.co.uk]
[oneshallstand]
[unicron.com]
[counter-x.net]
[ntfa.net]
[allspark.com]
[transformertoys.co.uk]
[tfu.info]
[botchthecrab.com]
[obscure_tf]
[tfradio.net]
 

[TFArchive button]
Link graphics...

BOOKMARK US
Or in FF, hit Ctrl+D.