UK Toy Fans — tell Hasbro we're not to be ignored!

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Denyer

UK Toy Fans — tell Hasbro we're not to be ignored!

Post by Denyer »

Amazingly, they seem incognisant of the fact that we're irritated by the miniscule selection of RiD we've seen on these shores...so, time to actually do something! You want a full-size Scourge? You want...well, anything? Do your bit...

http://www.thetransformers.net/features/hasbroask.html
Jetfire

Post by Jetfire »

Scourge and Fortres Maximus are my primary intreast in the RiD toy line. I so despretally want them.
Starscreamsghost

Post by Starscreamsghost »

I'll not be silenced...you guys are British, you should be used to being ignored by now...
LordSixshot
Protoform

Post by LordSixshot »

I filled in the form a few days ago... but do you think it will actually make much difference? I'd estimate the absolute maximum number of people who bothered to fill it out would be 40 or so. Eh, maybe it will be enough to have them at least do a bit of research into releasing more things over here. However, there is a lot of RiD stock about at the moment, yes it's all the same 3 or 4 figures but if these aren't selling well in comparison to their other toy lines then they aren't going to bother releasing more. Urrrgghhhh if only they'd released the toys and aired the cartoon simultaneously it might actually sell. It hardly takes a rocket scientist to figure that out, who the hell actually works for Hasbro over here?

I also asked about re-issues and PVCs, but as they can't even get the release of their current line right I doubt they'll do much about those either. Let's go and throw eggs at them, or something.
They did play him. Not much happened.
Jetfire

Post by Jetfire »

Well the better RiD figures went straight off the shelves everywhere. I suspect with the cartoon to promote in properly the general public/kids will get into it.Its only really been advertised by net based Tf fans to other Tf fans so far.
angloconvoy

Post by angloconvoy »

Vented on the ask hasbro thingy, got a reply. Here ya go:

Dear Collector

Transformers - Robots In Disguise is still in its infancy in the UK having only been launched in January 2002. It is a global brand for Hasbro and with product being developed in the US, the UK tends to run 6-12 months behind that of the US. Hasbro UK is committed to building the Transformers brand here in the UK and has the intention of running all the US developed lines, so Transformers fans will be able to get the toys in due course.

Many UK retailers share Hasbro's enthusiasm for the Transformers range and over the coming months more product will become available nation-wide.

You will be able to keep abreast of all the latest Transformers toys available by keeping an eye on Hasbro UK's website - http://www.hasbro.co.uk.

Your views as Transformers fans are really important to us, so thank you for the interest you have shown.

Kind regards

ASK HASBRO
LordSixshot
Protoform

Post by LordSixshot »

Originally posted by angloconvoy
Your views as Transformers fans are really important to us, so thank you for the interest you have shown.
Yes.... of course they are...

I got that reply too. At least they got enough queries/complaints to bother writing out a standardised response. But still, it's hardly encouraging, is it? They are basically saying they are going to continue as they are now. :(
They did play him. Not much happened.
angloconvoy

Post by angloconvoy »

That was pretty much what I thought. But even if they are a bit crap, at least they are going to continue in some way.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

I would say we're due much more releases once the TV show is premiered and more casual buyers get into the market... So far I'd be surprised if a particularly large portion of the buyers have been non-TF fans... I probably won't be buying any more of the current "official" UK RiD releases because I've got the Car Brothers and the four better Sopychangers, can't afford to work out £60 for Prime & Mags, and have no interest in Megatron or Ironhide/Mirage [though this pair might get a look-in as an impulse buy]... There's also not much on import I'm that interested in at the mo, though I'll get any official releases of the Op/Mags Spychangers, Build Team, maybe the Combaticons [it'll only be, what, £28 for the set, and I'll sell my Bruticus then], definetly Scourge in the unlikely event of a UK release, and the Trainbots... Oh, and I might get some of the other Spychangers [Daytonus/Sideburn/Prowl 2/Sideswipe] just becuase having a set will be nice... I'm not particularly attacted to the Predacon beasts, or the BM repaints... I didn't buy Obsidian when he came out as a Vehicon, I'm not going to get him in a new coat of paint and a new box...
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Mmmm...I'm currently "customising" my spychanger Sideburn...I reckon I can make a decent toy out of this... :D
Pun-3X

Post by Pun-3X »

Really? I wish I had a digicam, I recently customized the Spychanger Scourge and painted him like Optimus Prime (not the laser op color-scheme either!) I kept a lot of the black in his limbs, though still painted some dark blue hilights and stuff. Even got a Matchbox trailer-rig so I could use the trailer on him. (It even came with a tiny Nascar racer--that was the point of the trailer vehicle--so I painted that like a mini Roller!)

I gotta route out the lower front of the cab so it'll sit better. I already drilled out sections for his back-feet to slip into, shimmed down that bulk portion on the back of his legs, and drilled a small hole just behind it for the trailer's metal minipeg to fit into.

Anyway, getting back to the subject--if you want our stuff so badly, maybe you guys should work out an arrangement to get all those UK Exclusive toys from way back to US, so we don't have to pay so much for them on ebay. What's that you say? They're nothing but bricks now? Well, sounds like you'd be getting the better deal!