• transformers toys
  • transformers comics
  • transformers cartoon
  • transformers live-action movies
  • transformers fandom
  • transformers forum

Go Back   TFARCHIVE > COMMUNITY > General Discussion

View Poll Results: G1, 2, 3 or 4?
The old and very old guard who drown on about the good old days when carley invaded daily and Claypool became a mod-no really!-Sept 2000-Dec 2000 24 42.11%
Younger but far fom newbies. G1 forum (formally the most popular one) starts to lose the battle of popularity with general but lots of major Tf talk-Jan2001-August 2001 15 26.32%
No longer newbies except in the eyes of those from option 1.Sept 2001-Dec-2001 7 12.28%
Newbies 4 Sure.Virtually no TF talk but much inane posting.-Joined 2002 11 19.30%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2002-05-21, 11:35 PM   #41
Plasmodium
Groovy

Canada
Smile Re: I'm almost old skool!

Quote:
Originally posted by LordSixshot
Claypool getting told off for posting too many Devastator topics and then posting a topic like "So why do you think the Constructicons were green?".
Lol. Wait....why are they green?

Quote:
Unicron G3. My all time favourite person ever. His fanfics made me cry...
Aww, almost makes me want to actually pursue my proposed BW fanfic... Damn procrastination and laziness.

Old 2002-05-21, 11:36 PM   #42
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK
Thumbs up ...

Quote:
Originally posted by Jetfire 2.1
You've aquired a strange obsession with that film/soundtrack.
Oh yeah...soundtrack, mostly...

Quote:
Denyer hasn't changed a bit.
Hey! I resent that! Although I struggle to remember a period in which I wasn't interfering...

Quote:
Actually 90% of the first 40 members are all archivers I'm sure.
Heh. On the Seibertron UBB v1.0, perhaps...

Quote:
Originally posted by Brendocon
I'm ancient. Respect me.
*gives the embalmed statue in the corner a friendly pat on the back*

Quote:
Originally posted by RCOSD
I'm TAB 4 Life and no-body mentions me
Not in connection with the gestalt wars, no, because I'm still trying to ignore the fact that they happened, and that I inadvertently helped spark one of them off over here...

Quote:
Originally posted by dai-atlas2000
I still don;t see why party threads are banned - they are light hearted fun...
Open your eyes and you'll see that they still go on...however, if there were whole topics then you'd rapidly have entire forums full of it, or an inability to find anything else in there. Look at other boards if you don't believe me...

Quote:
Originally posted by dai-atlas2000
somehow Windcharger became the Archiver rookie of the year...
Which may perhaps help illustrate why the vast majority of RP here is now in specific forums.

Yeah, I remember a couple of newbies in particular who really livened this place up. Maybe it was the red sig pics...

Don't ever recall having a TF handle anywhere...

Old 2002-05-21, 11:41 PM   #43
Blitzwing
was here way before you.

British Columbia

I first came to the TFArchive to read the Transformers comics back in January of 2000 when I got a fancy new computer that had the 'internet' on it. The Archive only had up to issue 40 something back then, so when I got done with the comics, I started checking out other sections in the website, eventually finding the pre-UBB message board some time in May of 2000.

I posted for a while but when summer came, I was loured over to the TFX message board and met some people who turned out to be regular Archivers like Skywarp, who was Cliffjumper at TFX and Kickback, who was Shrapnel on TFX. The day that the Archive went to UBB I decided to register and I've been here ever since.

Early memories are of a newbie named Claypool that starting some trouble. I remember someone posting odds on who would be first to make 1500 posts. I think my odds were 1/20 or something. Skywarp and Big t were at like 1/3 each I think. The Carly/Neo-Megatron incident that I stayed away from. I remember the gestalt wars well. I sided with TUG and had some good times beating up TAB. Also remember Prof. Smooth's Trivia invitational Trivia tournament in which Skywarp chose me and Commander Shockweave were chosen to represent the Archive. Some newbie named Starscreamsghost got in on it too and I faced him in the first round where we both got 3 questions right out of 5. Prof. Smooth then got too lazy to continue and the tournament was cancelled. Then there was the infamous Transfans invasion in which some of them decided to stay like Cosmotron and Astrotrain99. I remember when I used to post a new "Blitz's Trivia" every few days and because of it Skywarp made me a mod in the Trivia section. I remember the controversy with HOTSPOT and Rodimus/Snaptrap/Fake Carly. The old days had a lot of good memories.

Old 2002-05-21, 11:56 PM   #44
Blaster_86

Default Re: ...

Quote:
Originally posted by Stuart Denyer

Yeah, I remember a couple of newbies in particular who really livened this place up. Maybe it was the red sig pics...

Who be these Newbies?

Old 2002-05-22, 12:00 AM   #45
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK
Wink *taps side of nose*

They know, I would imagine.

Yeah, I remember getting into an argument with Clay upon first arriving regarding his use of homophobic epithets...things improved, however.

*taps steel pipe against palm*

Old 2002-05-22, 12:00 AM   #46
Sir Auros
Hardcore Gamer

Virginia, USA

Did you guys start all that gestalt stuff after I suggested we get together something like the drunkenmonkeybot from Transfans? I went home (where that anti-Carly ban was in effect) and missed the TAG and TUG garbage...

Old 2002-05-22, 12:07 AM   #47
Blaster_86

Quote:
Originally posted by Redstreak
p)

I also remember the only reason I really ever came here: To advertise my game so I could get more players and bring it back to the kind of activity it was at the start of 2001. Who knew I'd give up my prized game for this place, eh?
Yeah thanks alot left us with NAS the forgetful one. You don't pm him once every two days he will sysematically forget you are there. .

Old 2002-05-22, 12:21 AM   #48
Galvatron91
Has anger management issues

Keeping the world safe from crappy posts
Default ahhh...

well, i too am ancient. I showed up at this place to read comics in june 2000, but never actually appeared on the message board until early July 2000. I remember when Skywarp wasn't Skywarp...heh heh...SEE!!! I'm not the only bigshot around here to swap id's.

Yes, i was theGame91...I finally strolled onto the board sometime in July during the pre-ubb days and instantly took part in the infamous Brawn is Gay thread...(the character not the poster). We had some rather...erm..interesting discussions back in those days, and Brend is right...nearly all were started by Big T!

I was one of the originals when the board switched over to UBB. We weathered many storms this crew...at one point I think we've all quit, stormed off, and been pissed off at one another. We've each taken our turns away, yet for a group of us old guard members, this place draws us back. For quite a time I was a mod at Seibertron and here...but when the choice had to be made I chose here, and here is where I have been ever since.

For all the jokes we make about this place, and for all the times we (I in particular) get pissed of at this place and certain posters, and no matter what seems to have transpired...this place is still something like home for me...

Old 2002-05-22, 12:24 AM   #49
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK
Wink But that was...

Quote:
Originally posted by Galvatron91
I remember when Skywarp wasn't Skywarp...
*is gagged*

Old 2002-05-22, 12:27 AM   #50
Galvatron91

Default Re: But that was...

Quote:
*is gagged*
ACK!!! denyer is about to reveal mod secrets again!!! BURN HIS COUCH!

Old 2002-05-22, 12:34 AM   #51
Redstreak
Banned

Motown
Wink Re: Re: But that was...

Quote:

ACK!!! denyer is about to reveal mod secrets again!!! BURN HIS COUCH!
Once the Brute Squad is formed, I'll send them by for Denyer and whatever furniture he might have...

Old 2002-05-22, 01:16 AM   #52
Reflector
Official Energon Bitch

Lost in the supermarket

As you're all dying to know... My history's not a whole lot different than most of the Council of Elders. Having rediscovered Transformers early in 1999, I decided to do some research. I found a few so-so fansites, and learned names of toys from eBay. In June of 2000 (the 15th, I think), I discovered TF Archive's discussion forum. I was just excited enough to find real people who liked Transformers that I stopped looking, thinking I'd never find another community. I remember that my first post was about Shockwave and Cybertron... I also remember something very early on about Skyfire, but I don't know if that was a thread or my name at the time. Other pre-UBB memories include Badoona vs. CloudVader, Brawn Is Gay, and the mysterious Pacen.

Before I forget, I'd like to point out the curiosity that all four present admins located the message board within the same two months. (The boss is way above us mere Horsemen, he don't count.)

Quote:
...at one point I think we've all quit, stormed off, and been pissed off at one another.
If memory serves right (and it may not be, as I've been having a goofy day), I can't recall a time that I did. There was the whole "oh cripes my girlfriend's moving in for the summer" thing, but I was still here then as much as I am now... Anyhow, we're all still here, right? Er... right?

Flec's selling a lot of RID, Armada, and Energon, and a few G1 toys. 'S all I'm sayin'.

The TFArchive RPG - "the most popular part of the site[!]" - Skywarp. Darn tootin'.
Old 2002-05-22, 01:28 AM   #53
Galvatron91

Quote:
Originally posted by Reflector
Before I forget, I'd like to point out the curiosity that all four present admins located the message board within the same two months. (The boss is way above us mere Horsemen, he don't count.)
scary, is it not

Quote:

If memory serves right (and it may not be, as I've been having a goofy day), I can't recall a time that I did. There was the whole "oh cripes my girlfriend's moving in for the summer" thing, but I was still here then as much as I am now... Anyhow, we're all still here, right? Er... right?
damn you flec, damn you and your good nature...

Old 2002-05-22, 01:38 AM   #54
RCOSD
Hound's Personal Underling

In Rufus T Firefly's, having a pint
Wink

Ach, leave Flec alone, if it wasn't for him, this place would be in chaos (seeing as he is the only one that does any work here )
Plus, on AIM we have just invented a new word "Flecky"

Old 2002-05-22, 03:55 AM   #55
Wildfire Herald
Fears the Post-Thieves

Fear & Loathing
Default Re: ...

Quote:
Thank you, thank you. I'm on recored as the only member to reach "One with the Matrix" and yet still be a newbie.

*awaits the inevitible "who are you again?" posts*

R.I.P. Hunter S. Thompson

"That's Claypool for ya; he's against a harmless drug, but for date-rape..."
"Just say "NO!" to Gonadial Irradiation." - Snake

"I would ride that pony in the most illegal and obscene way possible. " - Spengs

My want list
I need ROTS Clone Troopers
Old 2002-05-22, 04:14 AM   #56
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK
Smile More precisely...

Quote:
Originally posted by Wildfire Herald
*awaits the inevitible "who are you again?" posts*
...your sig's too %^&*ing tall. Whoever you are.

Graphic and text must be no more than 300 pixels tall when viewed at a desktop resolution of 800x600. Be glad I'm not an admin.

*grins sweetly*

Old 2002-05-22, 07:06 AM   #57
Grimlock
The name's Lock. Grim Lock. License to be smooth.

Suffragette City, Oooh Wham! Bam! Thank You Maam!

I be G1.

I remember like it was yesterday, t'was back in the summer of '69 and I got my first real six string, I bought it from the five and dime, and I played it till my fingers bled but when I look back now that summer seemed to last forever and if I had the choice, I would always wanna be there those were the best days of my life, back in the summer of '69.......crap wrong story........

I first came here late August of 2000 and made 3 posts under the name Hot Rod, and as soon as it went UBB I registered, I remember how G1 used to be the happening forum and the only 2 topics in General were Skywarp asking about a Transformers ringtone and IMO one of the funniest topics to ever exist at the archive....Megafish.....Megafish....Welcome Megafish (twas a topic were we made quotes from the movie to relate to fish). I remember a lot of the stuff that has occured since then but I don't have the time now to go through it all, a lot of it is in Brends post anyway.

"Among those fans there's at least one guy for whom you're a hero. He saved money to see you! That's what I did. I played for that guy." - Bruce Springsteen (1987)
Old 2002-05-22, 07:22 AM   #58
Shrapnel Clone
Modder Eter

The Netherlands
Wink

Quote:
Originally posted by Shrapnel
Sorry, you are...?
I'm the REAL shrapnel. Not a mook, not Kickback, but shrapnel! Now GIMME that account!

"I dunno about you, but whenever I get confused I always mutilate the person next to me."
-Cliffjumper
Old 2002-05-22, 02:35 PM   #59
WlNTERMUTE

Alpha Centauri?

yeah i just stumbled in in march after my first dose of transformers ever. i got bored in school and just searched for "transformers" in google and this was a promising site. I mainly signed up because i couldn't get an EZ board account for a forum i wanted in (which has since gone belly up). i still mainly use this as a way to pass the time in school because i don't have a reliable modem at home, but i lurk around here reading a lot more than i actually post.

Old 2002-05-22, 03:38 PM   #60
Reverend Shrapnel
Misfit-loving, Afro-sporting, Linsey-worshipping Bug o' the cloth

Going down to the drug store, to have me some fun!

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Auros
Did you guys start all that gestalt stuff after I suggested we get together something like the drunkenmonkeybot from Transfans? I went home (where that anti-Carly ban was in effect) and missed the TAG and TUG garbage...
Nope. I tried to start my own gestalt on Transfans to rival DMB (which I was also a kind of half-member of, if I remember rightly), so came here and thought about setting one up. On the spur of the moment I called it TipsyAnteaterBot to parody DrunkenMonkeyBot after Stuart Denyer reminded me of my failed plans at Transfans. You all have DENYER to blame! It was HIM! After that it got a bit ridiculous with gestalts springing up left right and centre. I officially left TAB around new year 2001 and killed TAB soon after.

I've only just realised my sig's been horribly misspelled for about a year or two. Aren't you happy you read that? While you're here, erm, impeach Nixon!
Closed Thread