First look at BotCon exclusives - number five: Dreadwind!

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
starscreamjericho
Protoform

Post by starscreamjericho »

They were on a roll then they show us this. He isn't bad a like the colors. It would of been cool if they stuck with flying transformers. Did another jet and did a remold of jetfire. Four small ones and a semi large fifth one that would help explain the price there asking.
Civ

Post by Civ »

Bugbite registers a "meh" from me. Bumper I would have been okay with but I don't know about Bugbite.
ColdBain
Protoform

Post by ColdBain »

Meh.
"At times like these, we've got to spell racecar backwards."
Skywarp aka Scourge

Post by Skywarp aka Scourge »

I like all the new classics but I wish (like everyone else) that they were able to be put on the general market. Maybe in the future???
I was the first Decepticon to awaken on Earth in 1984, where we has lay dormant for around 4 million years.
My alt mode was altered by that fancy caculator other wise known as Teletran 1, to that of an Earthen jet. The F-15 Eagle.
I am usually paired up with Thundercracker and Starscream, or Screamer as I call him, on attacks.
I have the ability to teleport to any where within a 2.5 mile radius. But the problem I have is, the further I teleport the less accurate I will get. Because of this I have been know to crash into a few things.
numbat

Post by numbat »

Bugbite really looks great to me - but I'm disappinted in the head. I had been kinda hoping they might have done something Cobra Commander style, or such like, with a visor as a nod to the Gobot. Crazy thought I know... Still, very nice.

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
another tf fan

Post by another tf fan »

Bugbyte was exactly what i expected and is so average.

Not a horrible recolor but, meh, who needs him.

I have slipped and fallen for Dirge, though...there is a Ramjet at a store who is going to get a repaint very soon.
Come on and wind me up.
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Originally posted by numbat
Bugbite really looks great to me - but I'm disappinted in the head. I had been kinda hoping they might have done something Cobra Commander style, or such like, with a visor as a nod to the Gobot. Crazy thought I know... Still, very nice.

I don't get why anyone would expect a different head for Bugbite. The e-Hobby exclusive had the same head sculpt as the regular Takara Bumblebee reissue. Why should the BotCon exclusive, who's based on the e-Hobby exclusive, be any different?
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Not a fan of the deco pattern. Would've prefered the straight white, or a pattern that wasn't so . . . I don't know how to describe it, but I don't like it. Otherwise, it's what I expected. All in all, after seeing the seekers, I kinda figured this one would be a bit lacklustre, but it's a good mold, so no problem.

So up next is the Jetfire repaint then, no? Dreadwing?
Springer007

Post by Springer007 »

for some strange reason, bugbite's paint job is a lot better than cliffy's in particular. they could have went with the red with tribal designs for cliffyinstead of that techno design all over it. too bad these are all out of my pocket book range. V.V
"Fear denies faith. And for the Immortal Emperor!"

-Space Marines
Brimstone
Protoform

Post by Brimstone »

I thought Bug Bite was yellow? ;)

Seriously...he was my one and only Super Gobot...I think.

But what a strange exclusive....
-Tobin Melroy
aka Arek Brimstone

"Can't wait for election day,
Wouldn't miss the occupation corporations rule the day." - Pearl Jam, "Undone"
numbat

Post by numbat »

I don't get why anyone would expect a different head for Bugbite. The e-Hobby exclusive had the same head sculpt as the regular Takara Bumblebee reissue. Why should the BotCon exclusive, who's based on the e-Hobby exclusive, be any different?

No reason for it at all, and I certainly didn't expect it - I totally expected the same head given the eHobby 'G1' edition. It was just a minority and unrealistic hope! lol! ;)

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Sucks. Wrong colour, wrong head-shape (they could've hinged up the window and drawn a face on it...), wrong alt-mode. Does he look like he's the right-hand man in an underground Communist dictatorship? No, he looks like arse. I mean, you expect this sort of idiocy from eHobby. I guess BotCon are contractually obliged to make at least one convention exclusive everyone hates.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

I hate all of them.

I'm stunned they didn't make Bugbite yellow and call it Hubcap.

Yes. Yes. I know.

And I hate the jets on principle.
zeoman4.5

Post by zeoman4.5 »

Ah, umm Bugbite??? I am a fan of Bumblebee, I even bought the
Classics Cliffjumper cause I liked the mold. Bugbite just doesn't
seem right. It looks like a Classics version of the E-hobby toy, but
I donno. Couldn't Botcon have picked another "unknown" TF or
Gobot to put in the package. Heck, I would have settled for a
Re-paint Astrotrain, call him Blastoff, Countdown, or Smokejumper. Iam still gonna try to save the extra money I'll need for an Iacon Package but it looks more and more hopeless by the day.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Originally posted by zeoman4.5
It looks like a Classics version of the E-hobby toy

Yup, primarily because that's what we're getting.

Though, on reflection, it makes no less sense than Sunstorm would.
tahukanuva
Custom Title: Human After All

Post by tahukanuva »

Originally posted by Brendocon
Though, on reflection, it makes no less sense than Sunstorm would.

He doesn't have to make sense, he just has to match my college (American) football team colors.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Ah, he's OK, but I'm not fussed. After those Seekers, this is passe. Didn't even bother to pick up the Cliffy version. They sure are flogging (in both senses) that Bumble mould to death!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Originally posted by tahukanuva
He doesn't have to make sense, he just has to match my college (American) football team colors.

I suddenly got the urge to have an orange creamsicle.
Must have been the inspiration behind the Sunstorm color-scheme. Honestly, I personally don't understand what the fascination is with the character, he seemed reminiscent of some fan-fic character, as seen in the defunct DW series.

But I suppose one could say that the Dirge, Thrust, and Ramjet are also superfluous recolors, and could be interpreted as yet another Starscream mold.
Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Post by Jaynz »

Originally it was just cool that one of the 'generics' from the original cartoon got a toy made of him... why the 'fandom' around him now, though, is beyond me.
Civ

Post by Civ »

http://www.transformersclub.com/

If the five-page preview comic from the Transformers Club is any indication, we may get a Classics Jetfire turned into Dreadwind and I'm guessing a Classics Mirage turned into Drag Strip?