MORE Binaltech repaints: Arcee (Windcharger/Decepticharge redeco) and unknown Optimus Prime/Convoy repaint

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Nevermore

MORE Binaltech repaints: Arcee (Windcharger/Decepticharge redeco) and unknown Optimus Prime/Convoy repaint

Post by Nevermore »

Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Rack 'n Ruin

Post by Rack 'n Ruin »

ZOMG!

Now, I actually thought the idea of BT Bluestreak & "movie" Jazz was good. These, though... :wtf:

That pink is horrid, and a yellow Ram as "Tiger Convoy"??? What's all that about? I can think of at least five classic G1 characters that would suit that Ram mould that haven't been released yet.

Silver/pale metallic blue : Kup
Red/grey : Ironhide
Black : Trailbreaker
Orange/blue : Huffer
Green/orange : Hoist

OK, they would nearly all need a new head sculpt, but maybe Hoist could get away with Prime's head?

I'm happy to see the BT line continue, but I would hope for more effort/ingenuity than that displayed by random re-colours like "Tiger Convoy".

EDIT: Hmmm, now I've seen the images on Fan to Fan Arcee seems to be silver with pink details - the pink is still horrid, but the silver is nice. I feel another repaint coming on...
Wreck and Rule!
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

Maybe tiger convoy is leo convoy?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=170900

Anyone know if these will be 1:24 there has been speculation over at TFW that the Jazz and Bluestreak we have seen previously will be smaller , i guess something along the lines of the small Autorooper they did.
xenedar
Protoform

Post by xenedar »

optimusskids wrote:Anyone know if these will be 1:24 there has been speculation over at TFW that the Jazz and Bluestreak we have seen previously will be smaller , i guess something along the lines of the small Autorooper they did.
There's too much detail and articulation in the pics we've seen for Meister and Streak to be WST Autorooper size. Also, they would have to make an entirely new mold to do so, and have been confirmed to be die-cast, which is unlikely to be used in such a small figure. Re-use of an existing mold seems the most logical and cheapest route.

All the photos so far seem to be digital compositions rather than product photography. The actual product may vary from the artist's renderings.
Clay

Post by Clay »

optimusskids wrote:http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=170900

Anyone know if these will be 1:24 there has been speculation over at TFW that the Jazz and Bluestreak we have seen previously will be smaller , i guess something along the lines of the small Autorooper they did.
They're repaints of the existing molds.

Mixture of reactions. Immediate thought is "yay!" followed closely by "huh?"

The yellow Ram could be quite pretty, even if it has no real character attached.

Nevermore: the S2000 is the remold/Decepticharge version. It has the spoiler and hardtop in the picture.
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

It's been confirmed over at autobase aichi or whatever that the convoy mould is in fact red and not green as seen in the pictures.
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

And his name is simply "Convoy", yes.
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

Isn't that the third time they've released convoy?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

Preorder on BBTS
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Rack 'n Ruin

Post by Rack 'n Ruin »

Hmmmm, another Convoy release, and the colours are yet to be confirmed. Takara seem very keen to obscure the bodywork of the Ram rather than any details on Convoy in robot mode - could we see a "movie-style" Convoy with flames on the Ram's bodywork maybe? It would fit with the "movie-style" Jazz release that is scheduled.
Wreck and Rule!
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Rack 'n Ruin wrote:Hmmmm, another Convoy release, and the colours are yet to be confirmed. Takara seem very keen to obscure the bodywork of the Ram rather than any details on Convoy in robot mode - could we see a "movie-style" Convoy with flames on the Ram's bodywork maybe? It would fit with the "movie-style" Jazz release that is scheduled.
That's exactly what I'm thinking. I'm not sure if this is because it's a test shot, but the colour on the legs is blue [it even extends to the back of the truck], the upper body colour is red and the crotch plate has the same colour as Kiss Convoy. Are we looking at a hybrid of movie prime and past releases of the mould?
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
Civ

Post by Civ »

Well, I'll definitely get Arcee since I like that mold to begin with. Also, another Convoy release? Ugh. I have to agree with RnR, I wish they'd do an unreleased character even if it did require a new head sculpt. Out of his list, I don't think they can do Trailbreaker due to name rights and such or does that just apply to Hasbro?
Thanks, Zeeks! Great job! :up:
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

Arcee looks OK, but i was never a fan of the ram. And seeing as the ram got a pretty mixed response, i wonder why they used it again?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Aardvark

Post by Aardvark »

Knightdramon wrote:It's been confirmed over at autobase aichi or whatever that the convoy mould is in fact red...
Taking Transformers to strange new places.
Springer007

Post by Springer007 »

I kinda want Arcee since I never got Decepticharge.... I could see the chest plate and face somewhat being re-sculpted to be more feminine. I dunno what to think of these still, except Jazz, I want to redo the front end cap of mine now still....
MissingSea
Protoform

Post by MissingSea »

I wonder if these will be diecast or not. I know they did diecast for the wonderfest Black Convoy, but wasn't he a daft (from a profit making sense) amount of diecast? I might consider picking them up, definately the Jazz and maybe the Arcee, but the Bluestreak and another Convoy maybe pushing it a bit...
Turbo 07

Post by Turbo 07 »

Binaltech is the greatest line since G1. Bless Takara for reviving it.

I do hope they're smart enough to give "Arcee" something other than Windcharger's head though. I bailed on KP Convoy preorders over the lack of die-cast, but they can definitely count me in if that oversight's been corrected this time.
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

Bluestreak Jazz and Arcee i'll pick up if i can, but another convoy???
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Turbo 07 wrote:I do hope they're smart enough to give "Arcee" something other than Windcharger's head though.
Apparently she will have Decepticharge's head.