Ryall & McCarthy Q&A at IDW Forums

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Halfshell

Ryall & McCarthy Q&A at IDW Forums

Post by Halfshell »

Slightly pre-emptive, as Ryall's only just started answering the questions, but it's up and running, so news it be:
http://forum.idwpublishing.com/viewtopic.php?t=3845
MikeB

Post by MikeB »

Interesting responses so far. He seems very open and honest about it all, and maybe a little annoyed at the excessive Furman love?

I can't imagine it's at all reassuring for everyone worrying over AHM, but I'm still going to carry on sticking my head in the sand and pretending it's all going to be ok until about issue 3...

EDIT: I feel more enthusiastic about AHM after the rest of the questions were responded to, I guess we can only wait and see.
Hennessy
Protoform

Post by Hennessy »

That's cool that he's doing a Q&A with fans. Has he done this before?
Terome

Post by Terome »

Yeah, there's been a few. Chris Ryall was generally quite a lot more active on the old IDW forums. It's like the old days again.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Shame it didn't occur to me early enough to ask myself, and partially prompted by McCarthy saying he read the Devastation scripts whilst plotting AHM, but I'm interested now in which came first - the "Autobots leave Earth" aspect of Devastation, or the "Decepticons on an Earth with no Autobots" pitch of AHM...
Blitzwing

Post by Blitzwing »

Well, the fact that McCarthy at least claims to have read the IDW Transformers comics before AHM at least gives me some hope that the characters won't act too out of character for me to enjoy this series.

He also mentions that Starscream isn't going to revert back to his old G1 cartoon self that I was worried about after seeing the preview in Focus on Decepticons.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

I do like how the answer to the question about the canon (puttup) status of Origin makes it seem as if the company is desperate to junk it at the first opportunity (I know, reading to much into it).