Alternity Nissan GT-R Convoy control drawing, plus exclusive "Wildrider" redeco of Henkei (Classics) Rodimus

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Nevermore

Alternity Nissan GT-R Convoy control drawing, plus exclusive "Wildrider" redeco of Henkei (Classics) Rodimus

Post by Nevermore »

http://www.hk-tf.com/discuz/upload/view ... p?tid=6459

Wildrider will apparently be available at the C3xHobby Convention and cost 3,000 Yen.
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Civ

Post by Civ »

Image mirrored for your pleasure:

And the fanboys/girls are already whinin' and cryin' that Wildrider has flames. Personally, I don't mind them. They seem to sorta fit in a way and I just might pick him up. Especially interesting since I don't care much for the Stunticons to begin with.

Alternity Convoy looks interesting but I wish it was somebody else other than Convoy. While I understand why Convoy was chosen since he's the most popular TF, it's really getting overdone. I don't mind that Convoy is a car, it's just that its Convoy. Why not give it to someone else like Gears, Huffer, Prowl, Sideswipe, or some other character?
Thanks, Zeeks! Great job! :up:
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

I dunno - I do feel the flames are a problem. Not because "OMFG WILDRYDER DIDN HAV FLAMS IN VECTUR SIGMUR!!!", more because they make the toy's status as a Dark Rodimus redeco a bit more obvious... seeing as it's something they could have just left off the sticker sheet/paint mask, and as it being present detracts from his inviduality a little, I do think it's a shame.

That said, if I ever got one for myself, I'd just take off/paint over it.
Civ

Post by Civ »

Now, that I can respect and I can see your point. It's the buggers who don't like it because "ITS NOT G1!!!11!one" enough for them. Another fan, did mention maybe stripes instead of flames might look better.
Thanks, Zeeks! Great job! :up:
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

Civ wrote:Alternity Convoy looks interesting but I wish it was somebody else other than Convoy. While I understand why Convoy was chosen since he's the most popular TF, it's really getting overdone. I don't mind that Convoy is a car, it's just that its Convoy. Why not give it to someone else like Gears, Huffer, Prowl, Sideswipe, or some other character?
Yeah, do agrre with you on the Convoy thing. The doors (only bot pics have been shown) scream BB or Prowl to me. Convoy... The only thing i like about that is that my mod to make Alt. Convoys doors into wings actually has some justification!
Cliffjumper wrote:I dunno - I do feel the flames are a problem. Not because "OMFG WILDRYDER DIDN HAV FLAMS IN VECTUR SIGMUR!!!", more because they make the toy's status as a Dark Rodimus redeco a bit more obvious... seeing as it's something they could have just left off the sticker sheet/paint mask, and as it being present detracts from his inviduality a little, I do think it's a shame.

That said, if I ever got one for myself, I'd just take off/paint over it.
That basically sums it up. Although, i can see why people want it to be more G1-ish. Otherwise, it doesn't scream Wildrider. E.G. Every OP (nearly) looks like G1 OP, or no one would realise it's OP. Frankly, if i didn't know any better, i'd say that was Nemesis Rodimus.

So, you'd spend 3000 yen and then kitbash it? Think i'd get henkei Rodimus and bash that.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Any real need to quote the picture when it's two posts up?
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Civ wrote:Now, that I can respect and I can see your point. It's the buggers who don't like it because "ITS NOT G1!!!11!one" enough for them. Another fan, did mention maybe stripes instead of flames might look better.
Well, seeing as the original had that panel as solid silver, all they need do is just touch up the empty bits.

You'd think the massive ****ing spoiler would be a bigger issue with them...
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

Cliffjumper wrote:Any real need to quote the picture when it's two posts up?
Oops, yeah, that was what i forgot... Edited ASAP
Halfshell wrote:You'd think the massive ****ing spoiler would be a bigger issue with them...
Yes. But who cares about the spoiler? It'll sell well anyway. [/Hasbro R&D Guy]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Treadshot A1 wrote:Yes. But who cares about the spoiler? It'll sell well anyway. [/Hasbro R&D Guy]
It's a Takara release.
And I was referring to fan [over]reaction.
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

Wasn't the original mold by Hasbro?

Yeah, can't believe they're complaining about the colour scheme. That spoiler is a lot worse.

Though, People have turned Ani Jazz into Dead End, so this might end up as a full set of stunticons!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Treadshot A1 wrote:Wasn't the original mold by Hasbro?

Which would have what to do with a Japanese exclusive Convention figure?

Woo, yeh, let's get Takara! BotCon Sunstreaker was a bit poor, and it was Takara who designed it four years earlier as a totally different character! Fatwah!
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Will probably get Wildrider and maybe this Convoy. Not too thrilled about it being Convoy though, will have to wait and see actual coloured pictures to decide. Either way, sketches appear much more detailed than actual products most of the time.

I'm thinking it'll be fun to see a Henkei Dead End [repaint of Universe Sunstreaker] in the future.
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Not bad. Probably wouldn't drop the initial 30 bones for it, much less the aftermarket markup. I actually only thought Classics Roddy was so-so.

I'm still hoping that Hasbro repaints Mirage as Dragstrip for mass release. That'd be sweet. :up:
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Wildrider in packaging:
http://actoys.net/bbs/read.php?tid-282328-fpage-2.html

Official name is "Stuntron Wildrider".
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Aaaaand the toyline's name has been altered on the ackaging for Wildrider too. Instead of "Henkei! Henkei!" ("Transformation! Transformation!"), it says "Gentei! Gentei!" ("Exclusive! Exclusive!").
-Blackout-
Protoform

Post by -Blackout- »

*sighs*

Japan ALWAYS gets the cool stuff. :down:
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

New magazine scan with new prototype photo of Alternity Convoy (assuming that's going to be his final name):
http://hk.myblog.yahoo.com/iam-cybergun ... ?mid=12934