[BW,BM] Tigahawk question

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Computron

Tigahawk question

Post by Computron »

Just wondering, Is Tigerhawk technically an optimal robot as he is the combination of two sparks (just like Megs and Optimal Op) who are bothe considered to be Optimals.

------------------
Nominate the true Megatron at Seibertron.com

Images thanks to THE AXALON. The one stop place on the internet for all your Beast Wars images
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Optimals? Say what now Compy?

The only character for whom the term "Optimal" in any canonical sense, can be applied, is OpOp.

You're making it up, and you know it.
Computron

Post by Computron »

well what do you call tfs then that are the combination of two sparks?

they aint normal tfs as normal tfs only have one spark. Also even when they do take the other spark out the original spark is forever changed by this encounter (megs has a temper as is still seen in bm due to original megs spark and Optimus shows signs of the original optimus Prime (being able to speak with vector sigma)

------------------

Images thanks to THE AXALON. The one stop place on the internet for all your Beast Wars images
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Originally posted by Computron:
well what do you call tfs then that are the combination of two sparks?
"gestalts" Image

There's only been one combination. Technically, I'd say he's a Fuzor, as the two sparks (supposedly) fused.

Optimus and Megatron merely carried their passenger sparks (if they'd fused, the wouldn't have been able to return them.)

This is in evidence as far as Optimus is concerned, by the fact that he carried it in his cockpit, far away from his own spark. Image
Computron

Post by Computron »

but optimus's tm form it is shown that the two sparks are together as he bring primes spark towards his own. As for Megatron he also brings the original megs's spark towards his own.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Ah, but at what point did any merger occur, eh?
Osku
Protoform

Post by Osku »

Tigerhawk. Optimal robot? Fuzor?

I´m having trouble accepting these definitions. Not without confusion at least. I´m not sure there´s anyone like him/her. The closest thing to Tigerhawk I could think of is God Jinrai from Masterforce. So there´s no good already existing definition IMHO.

------------------
Osku

[This message has been edited by Osku (edited 12-10-2001).]
LordSixshot
Protoform

Post by LordSixshot »

I agree with Brend. He is totally a fuzor, white crap tiger bird. However I never thought they used the term 'fuzor' to define when 2 sparks had fused together, more that 2 different stupid-looking shouldn't be put together under any circumstances animals had. The other fuzors don't have merged sparks, but seeing as Tigerhawk is a stupid combination of the 2 worst BW characters in existence, then that'd make him a fuzor.

As for a name for a tf with a combination of 2 or more sparks, then gestalt isn't a bad name for 'em really. I presume that when G1 gestalts are formed, like Superion for example, then the sparks of the Aerialbots are temporarily merged to give Superion a new personality. Well if they had thought about sparks in G1 then that's what I reckon happened anyway.

So I think Tigerhawk is a fuzor and a gestalt. A fuzor-gestalt tiger bird. I hate the stupid hermaphrodite anyway.

------------------

Fish Bee will destroy you unless you click here and, like, attend or something.

This new, improved sig was brought to you by sprites touch.
Shrapnel Clone

Post by Shrapnel Clone »

Wouldn't that be a Transmetal 2 Fuzor gestalt hermaphrodite?
sprites touch
Protoform

Post by sprites touch »

Fuzors are tfs that their alt mode is fused out of two original life forms DNA, regardless of a spark.
A gestalt is formed out of the sparks of the members, creating a fuzed spark(that is if G1ers had sparks) with a new personality.
a TM2 is a tf that was transformed with the TM2 drive.
So yhea, Tiga'ho' is a gestalt fuzor thing, not sure about the TM2 though(just because the box says so, and that it was a trend for the other TFs at the time to become TM2, doesn't mean he automaticly is one as well).

------------------

Maybe it's 'cause of all those punchs to my head, but I'm starting to see yer point.
Shrapnel Clone

Post by Shrapnel Clone »

Originally posted by sprites touch:
Fuzors are tfs that their alt mode is fused out of two original life forms DNA, regardless of a spark.
A gestalt is formed out of the sparks of the members, creating a fuzed spark(that is if G1ers had sparks) with a new personality.
a TM2 is a tf that was transformed with the TM2 drive.
So yhea, Tiga'ho' is a gestalt fuzor thing, not sure about the TM2 though(just because the box says so, and that it was a trend for the other TFs at the time to become TM2, doesn't mean he automaticly is one as well).
Well, all the others are a mesh of flesh and steel in both modes, and so is he. AND he was created by the Vok, just like the TM2-creating device.... I'd say he's a TM2 Image

------------------
------------------
Computron

Post by Computron »

plus he had spark powers which are custom to tm2's Image

anyway I actually think that optimal, megs and tigahawk are all something different from gestalts, fuzors etc..

For a start a Gestalt is able to return to normal once he has separated and the bw guys remain upgraded after they have combined. It was this term (that I simply call optimisation although I doubt it has any proper name but I can't really call it "that thing that happens when.....") that I was saying I think Tigahawk fits into

If I was forced to put Tigahawk into any catergory we have I would have to say he is a TM2 Fuzor

------------------

Starscreamsghost

Post by Starscreamsghost »

Any way we can drag RiD Scourge into this?

------------------
So I've got an ego. Big whup, wanna fight about it?
S-Ghost: 2001 Archive Mod of the Year. Was there ever any doubt?
Pun-3X

Post by Pun-3X »

*picks up SSG by the collar and dumps him back in the Car Robots/RiD forum.*

What's worse, I expect that from him.

TM2 Fuzor is the most accurate thing you can categorize him as. The fact that his spark is a fused version of Tigatron's and Airrazor's is simply extra. It's like TM2 Dinobot being a clone, it doesn't give him a sub group of any sort.
Savannahtron

Post by Savannahtron »

Well what do you call a bot with only Half a Spark i.e. Dinobot TM?

As for Megs, I thought he took Megatron's Spark, never returning it. I know that Optimus returned it, but I can't remember if Megs did or not.

------------------
Seeing Jazz in a whole new light.
Pun-3X

Post by Pun-3X »

A Bot with half a spark is a bot with half a spark. A bot with two fused sparks is a bot with two fused sparks. You don't call them anything else.

Common sense and a cut scene from the last ep state that G1 Megs was returned, or G1 never took place.
LordSixshot
Protoform

Post by LordSixshot »

Originally posted by Pun-3X:
Common sense and a cut scene from the last ep state that G1 Megs was returned, or G1 never took place.
What is G1? Image

I still say Tigerhawk is a gestalt. The definition of the word gestalt is 'A physical, biological, psychological, or symbolic configuration or pattern of elements so unified as a whole that its properties cannot be derived from a simple summation of its parts'. It's Saturday night and I am looking up words in a dictionary - please help me. But it doesn't really matter that Tigerhawk can't un-combine, he's still a gestalt Image. I think?

------------------

Fish Bee will destroy you unless you click here and, like, attend or something.

This new, improved sig was brought to you by sprites touch.
Savannahtron

Post by Savannahtron »

My thoughts about it are they combined Air Razor and Tigatron by mistake, not making them a true "Fuzor" but a Frankenstein if you will.

At any rate, I liked Tigerhawk, but thought they terminated him too quickly.

------------------
Seeing Jazz in a whole new light.
MeGrimlock
Protoform

Post by MeGrimlock »

And how do you define Rodimus Prime? He carried the spark of Optimus Prime, but when he returned the spark to Optimus Prime, he reverted to Hot Rod.
Optimus Optimal did not reverte to Optimus Primal when he did the same.
(does this question belong this forum?)
ThePeacemkr2
Protoform

Post by ThePeacemkr2 »

I thik Tigahawk was not 2 different sparks still seperate, but the aliens combined the sparks of tigatron and airrazor (I think i got names right), and that the sparks became fused into 1 spark, so its really just one spark that is twice as powerfull as normal sparks, with the combined personalities of both of them.

------------------
Fighting for Justice. Fighting for Honor.
Fighting for Peace.

-ThePeacemkr2

"I wasnt killing off 99% of the population of Earth, I was merely helping a friend do his report on peace, and in order for him to write a good report, there needed to BE peace.

"Fred was in his BED, on his HEAD, soon to be DEAD, because he ate LEAD"

Why does no one notice that when they say they want a "Pb+J" sandwitch, that "Pb" stands for LEAD in the periodic table. Think about it, this must mean about a 25% of earths population has a death wish!