Oh No ! Maverick Releases Tf:g2 On Dvd !!!

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Xilef_Darklight
Protoform

Oh No ! Maverick Releases Tf:g2 On Dvd !!!

Post by Xilef_Darklight »

HORROR !!!
Thank goodness they are also releasing the original G1 series... Here's to hope they will release the FULL season 1 of G1 like RHINO, even if it's not in order,...
pop question folks.... How many amongst you fine people actually like G2 and it's *botched and annoying* CG and why ?

* = only a personnal opinion.
ps: this question does not refer to the later CG only Beast Wars,... ONLY G2 and IT's CG effects.

I cannot believe my eyes,...
http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASI ... 64-0563634

and here:
http://www.blackstar.co.uk/video/item/7000000068559
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

It was one of the worst desecrations of G1 ever, although I liked the way they reissued toys. I hope that they release reissues in the states. Ordering them from Japan isn't as fun, as going up to a cash register with them in hand, and paying for it. That's one of the things I enjoy most about transformers. The instant gratification.
Jim

Post by Jim »

I can only think of one thing, WHY?

I can understand putting the G2 Opening/Ending and other bits on a G1 DVD as an Extra, but why bother releasing G2 as a whole....? Its the same episodes... They should focus on a proper chronological DVD release of G1.

I'm glad Rhino got smart about how to release the TV series i.e. Boxset form. :)
Alpha Trion
Protoform

Post by Alpha Trion »

When is the Rhino boxset coming out?
ThunderCracker84

Post by ThunderCracker84 »

End of next month
Jim

Post by Jim »

Spring 2002 is the new date for the TF Boxset.
dai-atlas2000
Protoform

Post by dai-atlas2000 »

I think that the G2 rerelease was a complete mess-up of the original eps - why couldn't they just leave them as they were without adding all the unconvincing, annoying and irritating CGi all over the place - completely jars with the eps....
grrrrr:mad:
Dai
(offical tea-boy and unofficial Alt ID of Snake)
RARRRR!!RR!!RRR!R!
Xilef_Darklight
Protoform

I wonder if the G2 episodes on the DVD will be the same as the G1 episodes on the G1 DVD ? Perhaps they will be different episodes like More than meets the Eye ? Maybe they plan on releasing half the episodes in G1 and the other missing half in G2 version ? now THAT would SUCK ! I SERIOUSLY PITY UK fans !

Those guys,... Maverick..:mad:
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

I'm no fan of the CGI cube, but I really do wish people would stop being ungrateful tw@s whenever anyone sees fit to release the show, which frankly isn't gonna be a big seller... Any nostalgia freaks or casual fans are gonna be quite ahppy with the Movie, so the series isn't gonna be a big seller...
Jetfire

Post by Jetfire »

Originally posted by Cliffjumper
I'm no fan of the CGI cube, but I really do wish people would stop being ungrateful tw@s whenever anyone sees fit to release the show, which frankly isn't gonna be a big seller... Any nostalgia freaks or casual fans are gonna be quite ahppy with the Movie, so the series isn't gonna be a big seller...
Well HMV allready placed it at 6 in the chart which I noticed was considerably higher than all other TV/nostalga products for this week.Isnt bad considering it woudlent have been advertised or reviewed in any TV/film magazine.
And lets not forget RiD with virtually no advertising or TV series was a massive selelr for woolworths considering it was a limited issue.Not saying its massive but its pretty big and far from a small level thing.
Besides if people didnt b@tch all day on the net this stuff would never have been realised anyway.I'd love to see D&D, Thundercats, Visonarys, Mysterious cities of gold, Unlyecees 31, Gi-joe get reissued but I dont see them happening.
The more we go for it the more that will happen.
Besides G2 cartoon seriesis defently something to complain about:p
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

oooh, the HMV chart... now there's official... that'd be the same one that in most HMV stores has nothing to do with the videos on the chart shelves, would it?

All I'm saying is that I really wish people would stop complaining when something like this is much better than nothing.
Xilef_Darklight
Protoform

"Better than nothing"

See... I really don't agree with you there. TF:G1 on DVD is IN ITSELF better than nothing. And yes it's great Maverick releases it on DVD AT ALL. BUT... People PREFER the G1 series. And since they are both the same aside from the annoying CG cube, then why not simply concentrate ALL their efforts on G1 ONLY by releasing more G1 at a time, instead of releasing G2 at all, ... One thing is for sure,.. a G1 release IS an instant bestseller... A G2 isn't. This means a G2 release that flops in a video store gives a bad reputation to ALL TF in general and reduces the chance of getting more G1 released... Capice ?
Jetfire

Post by Jetfire »

Originally posted by Cliffjumper
oooh, the HMV chart... now there's official... that'd be the same one that in most HMV stores has nothing to do with the videos on the chart shelves, would it?

All I'm saying is that I really wish people would stop complaining when something like this is much better than nothing.
just saying the orders for it are pretty big and thus quite unexpectedly promising:)

I sorta agree with the antib@tchin program but I have to admint its the constant b@tchin that pushes the companys to get closer than to what we want.
Getaway

Post by Getaway »

Jetfire I think I noticed a teeny weeny little error in one of your posts, you said you wanted to see Thundercats rereleased, have you forgotten what you saw, remember the sword and all its many hidden meanings;)

Getaway the houdini of the transformers universe nobody can defeat him......except Rodimus Prime, Cyclonus, Starscream, Deathbringer, Thunderwing, Dreadwing........

"Run hot, but always keep your cool."
angloconvoy

Post by angloconvoy »

Now who's stealin people's jokes? :mad:
Getaway

Post by Getaway »

BAN THIS KID!!!!

Getaway the houdini of the transformers universe nobody can defeat him......except Rodimus Prime, Cyclonus, Starscream, Deathbringer, Thunderwing, Dreadwing........

"Run hot, but always keep your cool."
Jetfire

I'm going slightly mad?

Post by Jetfire »

Originally posted by Getaway
Jetfire I think I noticed a teeny weeny little error in one of your posts, you said you wanted to see Thundercats rereleased, have you forgotten what you saw, remember the sword and all its many hidden meanings;)
Nooooooooooooooo NOT THE SWORD. Anything but the sword.

"You haventhas warped myour mind yet
I weee do dont want Thundercats.Its innocent fun Sexural innuendo. I am we are not afraid of what you them? has to show usss MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.
angloconvoy

Post by angloconvoy »

Ah sword of omens.

Eye of thundera. Cat's eye? I think not. :D
Jetfire

Damn right.Its total crap.

Post by Jetfire »

Originally posted by angloconvoy
Ah sword of omens.

Eye of thundera. Cat's eye? I think not. :D
i still cant get over the "MY the sword of Omens wants to show me something.Hmmm three mutants in the forest..."

If you watch the show you'll know what I mean :D
Xilef_Darklight
Protoform

What about thetransformers.net ? I thought Maverick actually listened to that site's webmaster. ... Can't he tell Maverick the idea of getting G2 released SUCKS ? Can't he tell Maverick the people want a BOX SET of G1 like RHINO is doing ? Or does he answer ANY of his E-mails at all ? He asked people once what SUNBOW cartoons they wanted from his Maverick list,... As far as I can see, there were TONS of old 80ies cartoons people would much rather see than G2... (G2 is the LEAST popular). Like Visionaries, for example. I E-mailed the guy tons of times,.. NEVER got a single reply from him. ... I think it's because he's been hired by Maverick,... heheheh.:p