Generation 1 #9

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Well, having now read the issue in question, the Spike and Bumblebee stuff really was that bad (Spike "Hilariously" shouting at his car while that woman gave him a dirty look was as funny as Schindlers List...). The Hot Rod/Arcee stuff tried it's best to be even worse (and how do the Quintessons know Hot Rod has an "Affinity with the object" when he's never been anywhere near the Matrix?), but nothing could be as bad as the jive talking mugger...

That left the Shockwave stuff to keep the intrest going, and it mostly succeded. However, lots of little niggles (Why doesn't Megatron just kill Shockwave? How did Shockwave survive being thrown into a pit of lava? Why have none of the Autobots displayed any worry prior to this issue that Shockers most loyal troops were still on the loose? Why has Astrotrain decided to switch to his albino colour scheme?) means this is probably the worst issue of the ongoing to date. And what an amazing coincidence that there's a letter asking when Sixshot will be in the comic in the same issue that sugests he won't be to far off...
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Ballplayer
Protoform

Post by Ballplayer »

Mmm it must be me but I found the issue to be pretty satisfying...

As to Spike I think he really looks all American, how can he be an asian if he's white and has brown hair...

But in all honesty I think the Spike from Vol 1 looked better yeah...

And I think that all that love crap will all just be a Quintesson trap, and after that just slowly fade away....

besides they also used it in the old cartoons and there are a lot of fans (specially on DW boards) who really like it.

Dead End :"If we give away our energon cubes we're doomed.

Break Down :"If we don't we're doomed too.

Dead End :"Face it We're Doomed
Auntie Slag
Custom Title: Satisfaction guaranteed!

Post by Auntie Slag »

I think its highly realistic. I mean, if you were a girly, which Transformer would you fancy? Of course Jazz. He's a froody, hoopy dude.
inflatable dalek

Having reread it, I should point out (before someone else does), that despite what I said above, Astrotrain is not in his albino cloour scheme. God knows what I'd been drinking the first time I read the issue....
Blitzwing

Post by Blitzwing »

OK... Blitzwing deserves to have his death at least be on panel. This leads me to believe that he's not really dead, and that Megatron must be doing some kind of experiments on his Triple-Changing abilities.

As for the rest of the issue, I think the stuff with Megatron and the Predacons taking out Shockwave's group was done fairly well. But that was the only part that was done well. Why did they waste panel time with that discussion with Prowl and Huffer? Since when do the Transformers need to use a danger room/holo-deck? What could possess Dreamwave to believe that anybody would want to read a sub-plot about a Jazz and Marissa love angle? Do they not realize that "The Girl Who Loved Powerglide" was one of the most hated G1 episodes ever? And don't get me started on the whole Hotrod/Arcee/Springer thing. This is Transformers, not "Sweet Cybertron High".

Anyway... hopefully the stuff with Megatron takes centre stage next issue, because the rest of the storylines are far from interesting. And when are they going to do something about Devastator and Superion?
DrSpengler
Protoform

Post by DrSpengler »

Originally posted by Blitzwing

Anyway... hopefully the stuff with Megatron takes centre stage next issue, because the rest of the storylines are far from interesting. And when are they going to do something about Devastator and Superion?

Better yet, when are they going to address Alpha Trions brief appearance in Volume 2?
Darth Shrapnel
Protoform

Post by Darth Shrapnel »

Originally posted by Blitzwing
OK... Blitzwing deserves to have his death at least be on panel. This leads me to believe that he's not really dead, and that Megatron must be doing some kind of experiments on his Triple-Changing abilities.

He`ll probably show up with Sixshot later.

BTW, does anyone know what the Autobot shuttle was based on? It kind of looks like Overlord or Sonic Bomber.
"Im drowning in footwear!"
Whisper
Protoform

Post by Whisper »

BTW, does anyone know what the Autobot shuttle was based on? It kind of looks like Overlord or Sonic Bomber. [/B]

I originally thought it was Overlord at first, but after looking at a screencap of Sonic Bomber I'm 99.9% certain that it's him instead...:)
eternalshades
Protoform

Post by eternalshades »

Originally posted by Darth Shrapnel
He`ll probably show up with Sixshot later.

BTW, does anyone know what the Autobot shuttle was based on? It kind of looks like Overlord or Sonic Bomber.

For all of the butchering of the character, it's pretty much a given that the dreamwave people love Blitzwing.

He'll be back...and in a big way :D
DrSpengler
Protoform

Post by DrSpengler »

Originally posted by eternalshades
For all of the butchering of the character, it's pretty much a given that the dreamwave people love Blitzwing.

He'll be back...and in a big way :D

They'll probably just recycle his role in Five Faces of Darkness and have him turn to the Autobots for help when none of the Decepticons will listen to him. And then, apparantly, all the fanboys in the universe will cream their pants.
Blitzwing

Post by Blitzwing »

Originally posted by DrSpengler
And then, apparantly, all the fanboys in the universe will cream their pants.

I've already purchased some 'cream' remover for when that day finally comes.
Fenris
Protoform

Post by Fenris »

I dunno if it was based off any anime in particular or if the robot was completely generic....
First option [;)]

DrSpengler
Protoform

Post by DrSpengler »

Originally posted by Fenris
First option [;)]

Did "Voltes V" ever make it's way to America? I don't remember a single thing about it.
Lord Decepticon
Protoform

Post by Lord Decepticon »

If Arcee wants a real autobot then she needs to get a lil' of Optimus Prime
DrSpengler
Protoform

Post by DrSpengler »

Originally posted by Lord Decepticon
If Arcee wants a real autobot then she needs to get a lil' of Optimus Prime

You probably haven't seen the cover to G1 #12. Alita-1's going to show up.

Man, I hate the femmebots.
inflatable dalek

True, but who knows if she'll still be in it if the new team have taken over by then...
Lord Decepticon
Protoform

Post by Lord Decepticon »

hook it up then
DrSpengler
Protoform

Post by DrSpengler »

Originally posted by Lord Decepticon
hook it up then

I saw the cover in an issue of Toyfair. It's a spoof of the Crisis on Infinte Earth cover with Superman holding a dead Supergirl, screaming (which in turn was a rip-off of an old issue of X-Men with Scott holding a dead Phoenix).

I did a google searcha nd came up with nothing. Maybe somebody else knows where to find it.
Ultimate Weapon

Post by Ultimate Weapon »

I did a google searcha nd came up with nothing. Maybe somebody else knows where to find it.

I remember seeing it in the news forum.
Fenris
Protoform

Post by Fenris »

Did "Voltes V" ever make it's way to America? I don't remember a single thing about it.

I don't know,here in Italy is a well-known series for robots-anime fans ;)

[I was surprised seeing it on Spike's shirt.....]