[BW,BM] They're not BM dvd's, but they're close enough for me!

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Jhiaxus
Protoform

They're not BM dvd's, but they're close enough for me!

Post by Jhiaxus »

Yeah, they're VCD's, but I care not. The guy says the image and video quality rates at an A-. Plus the guy has excellent feedback, and $24 for 26 episodes is a steal. That averages out to about 92 or 93 cents American an episode.

Well, so much for me going through Rhino's and Anchor Bay's wait periods. Now if only I could find Season 2.2 of G.I.Joe on VCD. lol

F**k you, Rhino and Anchor Bay!!!
Elita-One
Protoform

Post by Elita-One »

I hope you know what a VCD is, b/c its nothing like a DVD. They are about the size of records, and you need a special VCD player inorder to view them.
Jhiaxus
Protoform

Post by Jhiaxus »

Dude.....as you think I have no brain. I know what VCD's are, and they're not the size of records and/or laserdiscs. They are the size of regular cd's and can be played on any computer and most dvd players.

How do I know this? Because I've bought VCD's before.

If you're trying to pull one over on a sucker, you picked the wrong guy.
Dead Man Wade

Post by Dead Man Wade »

Originally posted by Elita-One
I hope you know what a VCD is, b/c its nothing like a DVD. They are about the size of records, and you need a special VCD player inorder to view them.

Umm...you mean LDs?
Jhiaxus
Protoform

Post by Jhiaxus »

You're right, fort_max. She probably did mean Laserdiscs and just didn't realize it.
Dead Man Wade

Post by Dead Man Wade »

Originally posted by Jhiaxus
He probably did mean Laserdiscs and just didn't realize it.

She.
Jhiaxus
Protoform

Post by Jhiaxus »

Oops. Sorry. Not used to talking to female Transfans.
Elita-One
Protoform

Post by Elita-One »

Dude.....as you think I have no brain. I know what VCD's are, and they're not the size of records and/or laserdiscs. They are the size of regular cd's and can be played on any computer and most dvd players.

How do I know this? Because I've bought VCD's before.

If you're trying to pull one over on a sucker, you picked the wrong guy.

I made a mistake, thanks for resisting the urge to hop all over me, I truely appreciate it!

Thank you, Fort_Max, for correcting me and my gender.
Jhiaxus
Protoform

Post by Jhiaxus »

Actually, Elita, I did go kind of postal on you. I just can't stand to be told that I'm wrong when I know I'm right. I should have figured though that you just made a mistake. I'm sorry.
Elita-One
Protoform

Post by Elita-One »

Actually, Elita, I did go kind of postal on you. I just can't stand to be told that I'm wrong when I know I'm right. I should have figured though that you just made a mistake. I'm sorry.

If you couldn't tell, I was totally sarcastic in my post.

Appology accepted...but I wonder what you wrote before the edit :eyebrow:
Jhiaxus
Protoform

Post by Jhiaxus »

I just had to correct some grammar errors is all. No worries.
Elita-One
Protoform

Post by Elita-One »

so, Jhiaxus, how did the VCDs work?
Jhiaxus
Protoform

Post by Jhiaxus »

The VCDs worked pretty well for the most part. All 9 discs were custom labeled as the seller said they were. However, he must have gotten drunk or something, because discs 5 through 8 have the wrong labels! Needless to say, I was displeased with that, but since it was something minor, I let it slide.

As far as the picture quality goes, it's on par with VHS quality. However, it is best if you view them on a smaller screen, such as a computer monitor. The picture looks ok on my 27-inch tv in the living room, but if I want crisp, clear picture, I go with my computer monitor. The video has never skipped or stalled, as most VCDs tend to do. So overall, I say it was worth my $24 to have the whole BM series.

However, upon getting to view the series for the first time, I SO wish it would have ended with the first season. Everything from Home Soil on was torture. Damn you, Botanica.
Computron

Post by Computron »

I preferred season 2 actually - According to bob Skir (who wrote it) he had more control over season 2 and I think it does show, the whole "I am transformed" was dropped and the episodes and multi-part episodes were really not as bad as everyone says and i'd even say they were good

I personally had no problem with botanica as it wqas nice tosee that in some instances maximal scientific expeditions had to undertake a plant form instead of either mechanical or animal. Love her or Loath her it was nice to see something new being tried