Unicrons Origin

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Prowl1984

Unicrons Origin

Post by Prowl1984 »

Ok, new to the forum and i havent had a chance to read many of the G1 comics as they're hard to come by over here so dont judge me if what i ask is common knowledge.

Where did Unicron come from? i've read that he was a demi- God, that he was a weapon, that he was a servant of some higher God (i cant remember his name) so which is it?

please enlighten me!:smokin:

"No point in long goodbyes, here's the door."

"Life's a trip, and then you die" -
Hunter S.Thompson
1937-2005 :smokin:
Dead Man Wade

Post by Dead Man Wade »

It depends on the continuity.

In the original cartoon, he was a weapon created by Primacron (who was a monkey in a space helmet).

In the comic, he was a demi-god who had existed since before the universe began and was the archenemy of Primus.
Prowl1984

Post by Prowl1984 »

again with the slowness but was primus the first autobot leader or something? im guessing here. anybody got a pic of monkey in a space helmet guy?:smokin:

Hunter S.Thompson
Dead Man Wade

Post by Dead Man Wade »

Prime wasn't the first leader. Again, it depends on the continuity.

In the cartoon, it seems Alpha Trion was leader before Prime.

In the comics, they make mention of Sentinel Prime, and even show him at one point.

As for Primacron, http://www.seibertron.com/database/char ... screencaps
CounterPunch
Protoform

Post by CounterPunch »

Originally posted by Prowl1984
again with the slowness but was primus the first autobot leader or something? im guessing here. anybody got a pic of monkey in a space helmet guy?:smokin:

basically (im not that "hip" on the comics so i apolgise if i get this even slightly wrong)

Unicron was a chaos god, who destroyed a whole universe/existence/something or other, but he left a small piece intact (accidently) while he slumbered. This then expanded into the universe we know (big bang), some higher power (i think) created Primus, a good god and equal to Unicron. Unfortunately them being equal meant they continually fought to a stalemate, and continued the fight on the astral plane, Primus realised that he could never destroy Unicron and so formulated a plan to trap him, as they fought both Primus and Unicron flew towards two asteroids and materialised into each one (so primus' essence was in one asteroid, and unicrons was in the other), as they drifted apart for millions of years they realised they could control these asteroids, contorting them to their will. Unicron turned his into the planet eater we all know and love, while Primus transformed into Cybertron and populated it with well, early transformers.

Then Primus went into a deep sleep, in order to avert Unicrons attention away from Primus' position, while the transformers waged their wars.
Prowl1984

Post by Prowl1984 »

Unicron was a chaos god, who destroyed a whole universe/existence/something or other, but he left a small piece intact (accidently) while he slumbered. This then expanded into the universe we know (big bang), some higher power (i think) created Primus, a good god and equal to Unicron. Unfortunately them being equal meant they continually fought to a stalemate, and continued the fight on the astral plane, Primus realised that he could never destroy Unicron and so formulated a plan to trap him, as they fought both Primus and Unicron flew towards two asteroids and materialised into each one (so primus' essence was in one asteroid, and unicrons was in the other), as they drifted apart for millions of years they realised they could control these asteroids, contorting them to their will. Unicron turned his into the planet eater we all know and love, while Primus transformed into Cybertron and populated it with well, early transformers.

see thats a pretty cool explanation, and does explain primus' a little better and the origins of cybertron!
i honestly didnt believe you when you said a monkey in a spacesuit...then i checked the link...Why o Why!!!???

what Unicron story do you think's the best? G1 cartoon, Comic, or Energon/armada?

Hunter S.Thompson
Prowl1984

Post by Prowl1984 »

one other thing, any pics of primus?

Hunter S.Thompson
Toaster
Protoform

Post by Toaster »

The official transformers guide has a kick ass picture of primus but in the origenal comics he just looked crap
________
herbalaire vaporizer
Prowl1984

Post by Prowl1984 »

ok i dont have that, any links to any pics of primus? :smokin:

Hunter S.Thompson
RUNAMOK
Protoform

Post by RUNAMOK »

not the best picture but I hope it will do

http://www.xs4all.nl/~wjtbeek/p.html#pppp

you have to go a bit down on the site to find Primus
Prowl1984

Post by Prowl1984 »

ah sweet, that solves a few questions. as impractical as it would be can he transform?

Hunter S.Thompson
CounterPunch
Protoform

Post by CounterPunch »

Originally posted by Prowl1984
ah sweet, that solves a few questions. as impractical as it would be can he transform?

the monkey?

no hes just a monkey with a space helmet on
SoundCrush
Protoform

Post by SoundCrush »

Originally posted by CounterPunch
the monkey?

no hes just a monkey with a space helmet on

No. He's a monkey with a space helmet on AND a mustache.
Skill without imagination gives us craftsmanship, which produces many useful objects such as wickwork picnic baskets. Imagination without skill gives us Modern Art.
- Tom Stoppard
RUNAMOK
Protoform

Post by RUNAMOK »

I think he ment Primus, and to my knolege (what isn't very big) he have never transformed (yet?)
Prowl1984

Post by Prowl1984 »

yeah dude i meant primus, im trying to forget about the monkey. it offendes me so :smokin:

Hunter S.Thompson
CounterPunch
Protoform

Post by CounterPunch »

oh sorry, primus...

no primus cant transform (or atleast couldnt in the marvel comics, i bet dreamwave will dabble with it though) he wasnt even slightly robotic, think hot rod (as in the look) except organic and youd have primus.
Blast-Off
Protoform

Post by Blast-Off »

I like Primacron. I really mean that.
Bodycount
Protoform

Post by Bodycount »

The G1 origin is lame and has never really been "officiated", so the only true origin is the one from Micron Legend/Super Link.

In this origin, Primus created a tiny orb to evolve into a sun for Cybertron, but because of the wars on Cybertron, the orb didn't evolve into a sun, but instead, into a death engine. He is their punishment for war, and he will always exist within them. The Super Energon was meant to fuel the sun that is Unicron, but since he didn't become a sun, the super energon was saved and protected in Cybertron's core.

Because of a lack of a sun, Cybertron could not sustain organic life, and instead, the life evolved to be cybernetic, entirely...

Unicron created and dispatched the mini-cons to enslave Transformers for their energy to put his new body back online.

Unicron is not the equal to Primus, nor are they related. Primus is a form of creation energy, while Unicron is a universal balance. Unicron MUST exist.

Primus created the universe, and all life on all planets, including humanity. Unicron is just another creation of his, although it doesn't take the form of it's original intention.

Unicron can give life and take life, depending on who is influencing the powers.
Blast-Off
Protoform

Post by Blast-Off »

Well, G1 doesn't have Mini-Cons, so other possibilities can be explored.
Bodycount
Protoform

Post by Bodycount »

Armada gently emphasized, in dub, the fact that Unicron, and the mini-cons, are techno-organic...