[BW,BM] Just got season 2 and 3 on dvd...

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Zisteau

Just got season 2 and 3 on dvd...

Post by Zisteau »

...but haven't been able to find season 1 yet. Is it a big enough deal that I should wait to get season 1 before watching 2 and 3?
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

I think that, contextually, it really helps to have seen season 1 before watching the rest. As is usually the case.

You can probably hop on at the beginning of s2, but I always try and steer people into watching things from the start, no matter how dodgy the first episodes are.
Osku
Protoform

Post by Osku »

I'd also recommend watching the series in order. Season 1 should be sold pretty cheap on ebay.com.

And if you're from US
http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/dvd.cfm?itemID=RHI970187
Zisteau

Post by Zisteau »

Well...meant to wait until I got season 1....but couldn't bother to wait.

All I gotta say is, when Ravage goes "decepticon's forever!", turns into a tape as he jumps into the console, and that ship starts blasting the crap out of the maximals......sweeet.:)

Kind of a shame they couldn't keep up that kind of emphasis on continuity with G1 and the character interactions instead of returning to an empty Cybertron in BM.

-Edit. Whoops. Too many similar abbreviations. Meant Beast Machines.
Jhiaxus
Protoform

Post by Jhiaxus »

MW? You mean Machine Wars?
dEcEpTiCoN MEGAtron
Protoform

Post by dEcEpTiCoN MEGAtron »

I think it's probably not that important that you watch all of season 1. The key points you need to know is what are they doing on earth, the alien structures and the golden disks. All of those key elements, however, aren't even thoroughly explained in season 1. There are a lot of episodes that help develop the characters and some that are what we call "filler eps."

But as Brend said, it's usually better to start from the beginning.
Rodimus Convoy

Re: Just got season 2 and 3 on dvd...

Post by Rodimus Convoy »

Originally posted by Zisteau
...but haven't been able to find season 1 yet. Is it a big enough deal that I should wait to get season 1 before watching 2 and 3?

I have season 2 & 3 only, and I'm watching them right no. To me, season 1 isn't too important.