[RID,UT] Where are they now?

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Rampage01
Protoform

Where are they now?

Post by Rampage01 »

What ever happened to the minicons? In Armada they were very important, but in Energon they've all but dissappeared.

The only Minicons I've seen in Energon are the Perceptor and Star Saber 'cons. And, it seems that they have to simply wait around until Kicker or one of the Autobots want to use them.

Another interesting note, is that Perceptor apparently has to wait in a closet until Kicker decides he wants to use one of the components. I beleive I saw it in the episode "Scorponok".

So much for the rights of all sentient beings, eh?
Bodycount
Protoform

Post by Bodycount »

"Perceptor" in Energon is not the same character from Armada.

It's name is Bumble in Micron Legend, and Cliffjumper in Super Link.

It's a minicon team with similar traits, but it's not THE same team...just ignore the dub. Armada Highwire was an interdimensional being, not unlike Vector Prime...He has since ventured onward with his team partners.

Same for the Energon saber. It's not the Starsaber team...just a similar team.

As for the Mini-cons. Most of them died fighting Unicron, when they sacrificed their bodies to form that green Unicron clone. The remainder of the race either joined the Energon project, or were allowed to venture into space for a new home. We find that new home in the Cybertron series. With Unicron's power put offline, and his link to them severed, they are not what they used to be. The Evolution process that gave the larger Transformers new powers and modified bodies due to powerlinking with Mini-cons was a power created by Unicron. Without Unicron, they're just little Transformers.
Darth Shrapnel
Protoform

Post by Darth Shrapnel »

It was revealed in Linkage that after the battle with Unciron most of the Minicons settled down on a peaceful planet.
"Im drowning in footwear!"
Bodycount
Protoform

Post by Bodycount »

Linkage is a good read, but I don't consider it to be canon.
The writer for Micron Legend had some more things to say, and put them in Linkage, but I felt the show was self explanatory, without needing a little manga full of plot device.
I also think the mood of Linkage didn't go well with the mood of the anime.
Koolbeans X-treme
Protoform

Post by Koolbeans X-treme »

whats linkage? and where is it?

and could u explain what happened to haywire, you said hes like VS, but how? and where di they travel? i know htis seems basic and annoying, but im really lost on that whole idea surronding Haywire
Bodycount
Protoform

Post by Bodycount »

Originally posted by Koolbeans X-treme

and could u explain what happened to haywire, you said hes like VS, but how? and where di they travel? i know htis seems basic and annoying, but im really lost on that whole idea surronding Haywire

His name is Highwire, and I said he's like Vector Prime, not Vector Sigma.

Highwire, like the other minicons, were objects birthed from Unicron's essense. Their purpose was to span the universe and Cybertron, trick Transformers into powerlinking, then harvest them as food to prepare Unicron's new body. Unicron feeds off dark energy, which is why he's a dark form. The issue is that the minicons too feed off energy. A time paradox created by Highwire in the future led Rad to the past, where he met Highwire, the newborn mini-con, 4 million years ago. Highwire's first taste of Energy, at that point, was from Rad, a compassionate human. This triggered a personality in the mini-con, and he become their leader. They fled to earth to escape Unicron's plan, leaving him dorment in Cybertron's moon for 4 million years.

Being fully aware, the mini-cons can manipulate with the same powers of Unicron. Highwire, being the first to experience this, is stronger and smarter. He, at the end of Armada, was Unicron's arch nemesis. He knew Unicron, he knew his race, and he was the reason Unicron was trapped dorment for all that time.

The Energon Motorcycle, despite the dub, is NOT Highwire.
It is from a mini-con team that was designed to be them, by Hasbro, but were not written that way by the Super-Link anime team.
Highwire was named Wheelie in Micron Legend, and Energon Highwire is named "Hopper" in Super-Link. Clearly not the same character, but characters similar to the three famous mini-cons from Armada.
Rampage01
Protoform

Post by Rampage01 »

I've never seen the end of Armada, just some of the earlier episodes, but after the importance of their presence there, it had struck me as odd that they didn't seem matter at all when I saw Energon. I should probably try to find the Armada episodes somewhere so that I can find out what happened in the rest of the series.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

There's a version translated from the Japanese here:

http://members.fortunecity.com/msipher/ ... nkage.html
Bodycount
Protoform

Post by Bodycount »

Originally posted by Rampage01
I've never seen the end of Armada, just some of the earlier episodes, but after the importance of their presence there, it had struck me as odd that they didn't seem matter at all when I saw Energon. I should probably try to find the Armada episodes somewhere so that I can find out what happened in the rest of the series.

Armada is my favorite ending of any TF series...Prime accepts his hateful desires for war, and dukes it out with Megatron, despite the fact that their war empowers Unicron...He chooses the wrong path on purpose, because the things Unicron tells him ring true in his mind...so when Megatron wants the fight, Prime oddly accepts and about dooms their planet, AGAIN.

This action also led to Energon, in alot of ways...Had Prime not engaged Megatron, Unicron woulda remained dorment, instead of gain enough power to escape, which allowed Alpha-Q to take over between Armada and Energon.
Koolbeans X-treme
Protoform

i gotta couple questions about linkage............

1. Why is Swoop there?
2. Didint they all die after they fought unicron? how did they have a floating city?
3. Was that overdrive in the comic? and why was he the green unicron? i mean i know his head is a mini con, but........why was he there?

and about the mini-cons on that page, are those real mini-cons or just one that the person who translated them painted
Koolbeans X-treme
Protoform

time paradox created by Highwire in the future led Rad to the past, where he met Highwire, the newborn mini-con, 4 million years ago. Highwire's first taste of Energy, at that point, was from Rad, a compassionate human.

when did this happen?
Bodycount
Protoform

Post by Bodycount »

i gotta couple questions about linkage............

1. Why is Swoop there?
2. Didint they all die after they fought unicron? how did they have a floating city?
3. Was that overdrive in the comic? and why was he the green unicron? i mean i know his head is a mini con, but........why was he there?

and about the mini-cons on that page, are those real mini-cons or just one that the person who translated them painted

New rule.
Take 4 seconds to research their names, "Overdrive" and "Haywire"? for example. It gets tedious after awhile.

And Overload, I assume you mean, was not the green Unicron? I'm not even sure I know what you're asking here. Overload is a construct of the Mini-cons, created inside the Matrix as a physical cannon that could harness the power of the Matrix into an actual attack. He is a drone body that responds to voice commands, and can also be piloted by a Mini-con in a robot form.

They didn't all die fighting Unicron, maybe about 1/4 the race did, now that I think about it. The floating city shouldn't be a puzzle to you, since i've mentioned a few times here that Mini-cons can reformat and create structures using their Evolution ability.

Also the Mini-con repaints. The characters are heavily present in the comic, and have been shown to be packed with the DVDs on dozens of websites through 2003...They're definately not custom toys.
Bodycount
Protoform

Post by Bodycount »

when did this happen?

Since you did like three replies in a row, I have to follow to answer.

This happened in Transformers Armada and Micron Legend, the animated series, and also was noted in the Linkage Manga.

Swoop wasn't in Linkage.
That character is named Ravenous, and just had a Diaclone dino toy as it's drawing basis.
Koolbeans X-treme
Protoform

can you tell me what episode(s) it occured in?
Darth Shrapnel
Protoform

Post by Darth Shrapnel »

can you tell me what episode(s) it occured in?

The episode`s title is "Origin".
"Im drowning in footwear!"