Ricochet

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Ricochet

Post by HeavyArms »

I was at Toy's 'r' us the other day and I saw a commenrative issue of a certain toy and I would just like to ask this question.
Who the hell is Ricochet and the little tf that comes with him?
Destruction is my specialty
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Back in 1987, when the Headmasters and Targetmasters were about, Takara (manufacturer of the TF line in Japan) opted not to release the TM versions of Hot Rod, Kup, Blurr, Cyclonus and Scourge.

Instead they released recoloured Targetmaster versions of Meister (Jazz) and Inferno, called Stepper and Artfire respectively; giving them the TM weapons that Cyclonus and Scourge were given by Hasbro.

Recently, Stepper was re-released by Takara as part of their TF Collection series. Hasbro, who were also doing their own reissue series, decided to put the item out as well (as it was being manufactured anyway and hadn't previously been available outside the Far East market), under the name Ricochet.

Here endeth the lesson. :)
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

And Hasbro deserve full marks for not doing an eHobby and claiming he was in the original show, but we just didn't see him because SHUT UP HE WAS.
Jetfire

Post by Jetfire »

Should we point out that he was so rare in the west that he would go for arounf £1000 before the reissue?

Or are there people still sensitive about that? :glance: