The most unlucky TF ever

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
berto
Protoform

Post by berto »

and I believe it was a big mistake in not bringing him back permanantly after the movie. Even though I am Transformer fan for life I believe that bringing him back possibly could have saved the series
Snake
Protoform

Post by Snake »

Oh, Starscream is the all-time king of Bad Luck. He's been so close so many times, and then suddenly, BOOM! Something comes out of the blue and ruins everything. Despite being in exile, he puts together his fighting force, The Combaticons, and nearly takes control of the Decepticons... only to have it ruined by the Stunticons' inexplicable, sudden teary-eyed loyalty to Megatron. Weren't these the same guys that blew-off global conquest in favor of a stupid demolition derby earlier in that episode? Or how about when his plans to blow up Earth and collect the energy was scuttled at the last second by Megatron. There was absolutely no accounting for such a thing. Megs was sitting on top of enough energon to restore Cybertron (and possibly build an "ultimate weapon" too) and it explodes with enough force to knock Cybertron clear to the end of the solar system. The Cons were all in disbelief that he survived.

Oh, and as for the Astrotrain incident, it's a little difficult to justify blowing somebody's head off in that situation. Not the kind of image you want to have if you're going to try and grab the reigns of power five seconds later. And there's just no accounting for the Universal Dominator showing up and reviving the fallen as his minions. Especially when you consider the other Cons were dead and he revived them, right before their metamorphosis. Killing Megatron wouldn't make any difference, except there wouldn't have been all that bickering before Galvatron is created.
Back for good... for Evil.
Cassettacon 27
Protoform

Post by Cassettacon 27 »

I have a headache.:laugh:

Also, it may not qualify as a TF, but how about Teletran-1? It was smashed countless time, SOS Dinobots, Desertion of the Dinobots, Attack of the Autobots, FFOD pt5. [sniffle] It brings tears to my eyes just thinking about it.:(
Joke. Noun. A thing said or done to cause laughter. Something not in earnest or ridiculous.

-Slash
berto
Protoform

Post by berto »

I don't think Megs was dead when starscream thew him out of Astrotrain just barely living. I don't believe any of them were dead it was just amatter of time before the weaker ones would die but megs would have found a way to Cybertron even without Unicron's assistance. AS long as soundwave and Shockwave were around they would try to find and revive Megatron. So the biggest mistake Starscream made was to not kill Megatron and (I know it seems gruesome but remember what they did to Prowl)rip his head off throw the body out of the ship and use Meg's head to solidify his place as leader
Cassettacon 27
Protoform

Post by Cassettacon 27 »

Originally posted by berto
I don't think Megs was dead when starscream thew him out of Astrotrain just barely living. I don't believe any of them were dead it was just amatter of time before the weaker ones would die but megs would have found a way to Cybertron even without Unicron's assistance.
True. I believe that Megatron, Bombshell, and Thundercracker were still alive, while the others Sparks had extinguished and they were mearly empty shells for Unicron to mold.
AS long as soundwave and Shockwave were around they would try to find and revive Megatron.
I posted about this before. Soundwave didn't stop Starscream in the shuttle because he was thinking about the safety of his Cassette force. Besides he had seen Megatron survive the impossible before, so he would wait until he got back to Cybertron and secured a shuttle and would then retrieve Megatron. However something must have clicked inside his head, saying that he had made a terrible mistake, that is why he tried to claim leadership for himself, so he could force the others to go back and get Megatron.
As for Shockwave, he wasn't with the attack force [Animation error] and he didn't know about Megatron until Astrotrain returned with the others.
Also, when did he do that thing with Prowls head? [Shudders] Creapy.
Joke. Noun. A thing said or done to cause laughter. Something not in earnest or ridiculous.

-Slash
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Originally posted by berto
I don't think Megs was dead when starscream thew him out of Astrotrain just barely living.

I would have thought that was obvious, I don't know many corpses capable of carrying out full conversations... Some, but not many.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
berto
Protoform

Post by berto »

No shockwave was not with the attack force but He would have major problems accepting Starscream as leader remember when Starscream thought Megatron was dead Shockwave insisted on finding Megatron Starscream had to kick his ass in order for him to obey. Even after that the first chance he got he contacted Megs, so along with Soundwave in order for Starscream to get any kind of respect as leader he would either have to destroy them or convince them that he meant business and keeping Megatron's head as a token would do just that.
Cassettacon 27
Protoform

Post by Cassettacon 27 »

Right before we see Blaster, pause on the above shot of the Decepticon attack, and you see Shockwave fly by. However this is an error. In that same sceen, we see Ironhide (or a badly miscolored Reflector) attack the city.

-Slash
the_escaflowne_2k
Protoform

Post by the_escaflowne_2k »

Megatron, for a guy that managed to keep level pegging with the autobots for so long and to be so powerfull he's pretty damned unlucky in G1.

I'd feel pretty unlucky if i got stuck on earth and my second in command wants my job, my employees were a bunch of hopeless buffoons, i get routinely outsmarted by humans and transform into a handgun, hardly befitting of my stature really, it takes me all the way up untill the movie till my immensely powerfull gun can kill even the puniest autobot. Then when i finally beat Prime he manages to knock me off the edge of a cliff, couldn't have just knocked me on my back nooo there had to be a cliff. Then i get chucked out of a shuttle get turned purple by a planet which then destroys all my progress by swatting my planet around, i mean christ what do i have to do to catch a break, have a few hundred years off every now and then.
"all i can say is that my life is pretty plain, you don't like my point of view you think that i'm insane"
MeGrimlock
Protoform

Post by MeGrimlock »

Fangry in last US comics and in Another Time And Place text story.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Fangry was lucky to live so long before someone punched his ugly chest in.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

I think Fangry was actually very lucky, he survived seemingly being killed twice in order to show up in G2. Where he probably died as well, but no ones luck last forever...
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Bludgeon-X
Protoform

Post by Bludgeon-X »

Originally posted by I Hate Dirge
I'd say its Skids. Barely seen in the cartoon, and in the comic where he actually got a bit of characterisation he spent most of the time stuck in limbo whilst Galvy went on a rampage.

As for anyone wondering Skids got an major appeerance in Transformer #20

image of the cover
http://www.unicron.us/tf1985/comics/comic20.jpg
Cassettacon 27
Protoform

Post by Cassettacon 27 »

Originally posted by Bludgeon-X
As for anyone wondering Skids got an major appeerance in Transformer #20

Yeh, but for us cartoon watchin' folk,
Skids only got 3 lines throughout the series run. He was probably training to be a mime.
Everytime he said something Grimlock beat him with a stick.

-Slash
Alligatorcon
Protoform

Post by Alligatorcon »

Originally posted by inflatable dalek
I think Fangry was actually very lucky, he survived seemingly being killed twice in order to show up in G2. Where he probably died as well, but no ones luck last forever...

Well, many G1 characters "luck" ended in G2
Ba weep granna weep ninny bang, it's a universal greeting-Illidan Stormrage
Cassettacon 27
Protoform

Post by Cassettacon 27 »

Thinks back....
Rammjet, Slag, Dirge, Razorclaw, Frenzy, Prime ... etc ...
Oh yeah.

-Slash
Ranma
Protoform

Post by Ranma »

Dont forget about poor getaway, who ironically never got away.
Nifty!
Bludgeon-X
Protoform

Post by Bludgeon-X »

But one of the most unlucky transformers was Bludgeon he was perfect but why didn´t his toy have the sword ? if he´d had it he would have been perfect.
Cassettacon 27
Protoform

Post by Cassettacon 27 »

Originally posted by Bludgeon-X
if he´d had it he would have been perfect.
So very true.

-Slash
chiasaur11
Protoform

Post by chiasaur11 »

Umm, prime's luck held out through G2. He came back from the dead AGAIN.