[BW,BM] Pre Beast Forms and Names

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Gigatron
Protoform

Pre Beast Forms and Names

Post by Gigatron »

Alright. For one...in the first episode the only TF you really get to is Megatron before he gets a beast mode. In all he's pretty skinny and unremarkable. You get to see Trantulas/Rattrap/Rinox's faces and they remain the same. So what are theyre bodies really supposed to be like?I guess I always wondered this about Autobots and Decepticons too....Was Optimus Prime made to look like a transport truck before he even hit earth?If not...what are theyre forms? All the robotic parts of theyre bodies minus the beast/animal parts?

For two...upon getting a beast form..rattrap/cheetor/rinox introduce themselves.....like, what the hell? Didnt they have names minutes before?Just because they got an animal form dosnt mean they have to change theyre identity based on that. They probably had no intention of staying on earth very long in the first place.And why wouldnt Optimus name himself "gorillatron" or something. Why did Megatron and Optimus have names prior to beast modes...and keep them?

Lastly...what the hell do predacons and maximals transform into by default on cybertron?
Raijin
Protoform

Post by Raijin »

Well duh, they chose those names because those were the names the toys had. The first episode just had to stumble through the nonsense like that. Their animal names are essentially their permanent names, and as we see later in the series when Depth Charge arrives, "Optimus Primal" and "Depth Charge" are at least two names they had on Cybertron.

As for alternate modes off earth, well, whatever they felt like, really. Maximals are just Autobots with some organic elements integrated into their bodies. They could probably even still have vehicular and mechanical alt. modes. But I don't think they would have much a reason to transform on Cybertron anyway, not in peace time. I don't know, maybe the Japanese BW series had other reasons for acquiring Beast modes other than avoiding energon build up.
Gigatron
Protoform

Post by Gigatron »

Originally posted by Raijin

As for alternate modes off earth, well, whatever they felt like, really. Maximals are just Autobots with some organic elements integrated into their bodies. They could probably even still have vehicular and mechanical alt. modes. But I don't think they would have much a reason to transform on Cybertron anyway, not in peace time. I don't know, maybe the Japanese BW series had other reasons for acquiring Beast modes other than avoiding energon build up.

Mayby..

Well duh, they chose those names because those were the names the toys had. The first episode just had to stumble through the nonsense like that. Their animal names are essentially their permanent names, and as we see later in the series when Depth Charge arrives, "Optimus Primal" and "Depth Charge" are at least two names they had on Cybertron.

I'm aware of the "nonsence" . Just seeing if theres a explanation for it by the book as there sometimes is.That kind of answer is better suited for a question like..."waspinator just got totally slagged in one scene, and the next he was completly fine! Why!?"
What you said makes it make less sence that ratrap/cheetor/rinox introduced themselves and Depth Charge landed on the planet with the name. I suppose I can accept them as being chosen aliases while the commanding Transformers maintained theyre names.After all....protoform X was just that....Protoform X. However he was quite content to refer to himself as rampage.
Cassettacon 27
Protoform

Post by Cassettacon 27 »

I believe that they already had their names on Cybertron. The only two name changes in the series was Megatron naming himself after G1 Megatron, and Megatron calling X, Rampage. In the Dreamwave comic in MTMTE #8 Megatron reffers to Dinobot as Dinobot. Also, Ravage knew LT. Tarantulas as LT. Tarantulas. That's how he found him.
Just because you crash on an unknown planet, doesn't mean you automatically get a new name.

Also, according to Transformers The Ultimate Guide Optimus Primal's former alt mode was a Cybertronian Monster Truck and
Megatron's was a battle base (which spawned a huge discussion on whether or not Megatron was Trypticon (he's not, people)).
Joke. Noun. A thing said or done to cause laughter. Something not in earnest or ridiculous.

-Slash
Raijin
Protoform

Post by Raijin »

One way to look at it: the animal-based names have always been their names and it's merely pure coincidence that the name has significance towards their adopted beast modes. Perhaps "Cheetor" is merely the equivalent of "Bill" on Beast Era Cybertron. Perhaps in another alien language, "Tarantulus" means "Bright Youth" or "Dances with Robots".
Cassettacon 27
Protoform

Post by Cassettacon 27 »

One way to look at it: the animal-based names have always been their names and it's merely pure coincidence that the name has significance towards their adopted beast modes. Perhaps "Cheetor" is merely the equivalent of "Bill" on Beast Era Cybertron. Perhaps in another alien language, "Tarantulus" means "Bright Youth" or "Dances with Robots".

Good theory. Probably true, I mean, look at some of the G1 animal TF names. Apeface, Octopunch, Wierdwolf, etc.
Joke. Noun. A thing said or done to cause laughter. Something not in earnest or ridiculous.

-Slash
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Originally posted by Cassettacon 27
I believe that they already had their names on Cybertron. The only two name changes in the series was Megatron naming himself after G1 Megatron, and Megatron calling X, Rampage. In the Dreamwave comic in MTMTE #8 Megatron reffers to Dinobot as Dinobot. Also, Ravage knew LT. Tarantulas as LT. Tarantulas.

For once, your theories are almost correct, however, Megatron had that name on Cybertron as well. He didn't name himself like that on Earth.
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
SynjoDeonecros
Protoform

Post by SynjoDeonecros »

Originally posted by Knightdramon
For once, your theories are almost correct, however, Megatron had that name on Cybertron as well. He didn't name himself like that on Earth.

Actually, Megatron named himself after a figure in the Book of Primus, so it's very possible that he was known by a different name before then.
Weakness is strength.
Ignorance is knowledge.
Death is life.
For there can be no strength without weakness...
No knowledge without ignorance...
No life without death...
And no light...without darkness...

"Unicron, my master. With this, I will make you...my slave..." Galvatron, Transformers: The Movie
Cassettacon 27
Protoform

Post by Cassettacon 27 »

After the Ultimate Guide came out, many believed him to be G1 Trypticon since apperantly his former alt mode on Cybertron was a battle base//station.

-Slash
Plasmodium

Post by Plasmodium »

Aside from megs, the rest of them have unique heads to distinguish them from others, however all of their bodies are the same, which is just chunks of bricks. Because of this, the only thing they can transform into is cubes and other blocky geometric shapes.
bluekatt
Protoform

Post by bluekatt »

Originally posted by Plasmodium
Aside from megs, the rest of them have unique heads to distinguish them from others, however all of their bodies are the same, which is just chunks of bricks. Because of this, the only thing they can transform into is cubes and other blocky geometric shapes.

and block formers wont make of much of a exciting series
and if you cut your self you wil think you are happy

come as you are as you were as i want you to be come doused in mud soaked in bleach come as a friend as a known enemy
Cassettacon 27
Protoform

Post by Cassettacon 27 »

Originally posted by Plasmodium

Those geometric shapes were taken from the Giant Robot from the Reboot episode Nullzilla. As show here,

-Slash
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

After the Ultimate Guide came out, many believed him to be G1 Trypticon since apperantly his former alt mode on Cybertron was a battle base//station.

Nobody knows what Megatron's alternate mode was, and him being Trypticon is wrong.

SynjoDeonecros, BW Megatron had heard of the Covenant of Primus as a legend while on Cybertron. He read parts of it during the last two episodes of the series.

HOWEVER, a Megatron was mentionned in the prophecy. Many believed that it was G1 Megatron. BW Megatron named himself like that once out of the assembly factory. Little did he know that the legend inscribed in the legendary book was actually himself.
Cassettacon 27
Protoform

Post by Cassettacon 27 »

Whoooaaaa...........
Deep.

-Slash
Darth Zax
Protoform

Post by Darth Zax »

I believe that they already had their names on Cybertron. The only two name changes in the series was Megatron naming himself after G1 Megatron, and Megatron calling X, Rampage. In the Dreamwave comic in MTMTE #8 Megatron reffers to Dinobot as Dinobot. Also, Ravage knew LT. Tarantulas as LT. Tarantulas. That's how he found him.
Just because you crash on an unknown planet, doesn't mean you automatically get a new name.

Also, according to Transformers The Ultimate Guide Optimus Primal's former alt mode was a Cybertronian Monster Truck and
Megatron's was a battle base (which spawned a huge discussion on whether or not Megatron was Trypticon (he's not, people)).

to clear stuff up:
dinobot was his name on cybertron, because 'dino' means terrible. 'saur' means lizard, so there's nothing weird about that.

megatron named himself after G1 megatron after he (BW megs) stole the golden disks G1 megs had encrypted a message on (the disk was the one we sent with the voyager spaceship (the real one, not star trek's)).

in BW part one cheetor, rhinox and rattrap gave theirselves new names, i don't know about the predacons (although 'tarantulas' doesn't seem as weird for a robot as 'waspinator').
Darth Zax
Protoform

Post by Darth Zax »

Originally posted by Knightdramon
HOWEVER, a Megatron was mentionned in the prophecy. Many believed that it was G1 Megatron. BW Megatron named himself like that once out of the assembly factory. Little did he know that the legend inscribed in the legendary book was actually himself.

care to remind me what the text was again?
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Um, I don't think there is a text like that. I read that bit from somewhere [BWTF or another source, not sure] and well, it seems more likely to be remotely accurate than all the other options.

I piss on The Ultimate guide for spawning crap like that. Primal being a monster truck is just to please the fandom, because there was never proof of that. BW Megatron was cunning, devious and evil. Trypticon was big, dumb and again, dumb. No way in hell he changed like that within 300 years.

I personally believe that it's dumb to try and find such details in such a show, particularly when we never had any background of the cast before that. Yeah, Predacons and Maximals signed the Pax Cybertronia. Megatron wanted to restore his kind to their former glory and thus stole the golden disks to start his revolution. For all we know, Cheetor could be called Ramhorn back in Cybertron.

Waspinator's name could have been Bob. :D
Darth Zax
Protoform

Post by Darth Zax »

why bob alwayzzz get the beating? that zzzuckzz
Raijin
Protoform

Post by Raijin »

It's still fresh in my mind since Nemesis 2 aired again last Friday. And the Covenant of Primus indeed has one line that says "And you will know my name is Megatron". And Megs even comes out and says in the previous episode how he took hisname from the book.
Darth Zax
Protoform

Post by Darth Zax »

It's still fresh in my mind since Nemesis 2 aired again last Friday. And the Covenant of Primus indeed has one line that says "And you will know my name is Megatron". And Megs even comes out and says in the previous episode how he took hisname from the book.

so megatron named himself after himself. that is indeed deep.