[FICTION] Lord of the Rings/Transformers Style... what does it sound like?

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
DeltaSilver88

Lord of the Rings/Transformers Style... what does it sound like?

Post by DeltaSilver88 »

OK, I didn't know where to post this thing, so I posted it in here. I'm going to try and write Lord of the Rings: Transformers Style. It's a big project, and I'm not really fond of writing it all by myself, so if someone wants to become a co-author, just PM me. This, although, is the main thing:

What Universe should I use? You can suggest one of these; G1, Victory, Beast Wars Neo, Armada or Energon. Put them in order from 1 to 5, so I know which one you like the best. For extra help I will give you an opportunity to suggest who should be the main characters. Here are the ones I thought about:
-----------------------
G1

Frodo: Bumblebee.
Sam: Windcharger.
Merry: Cliffjumper.
Pippin: Beachcomber (Hey, I can't write anyone else than the original Minibots...).
Aragorn: Springer.
Legolas: Mirage.
Gimli: Brawn.
Gandalf: Ultra Magnus.
Boromir: Red Alert.
Faramir: Inferno.
Theoden: Optimus.
Eomer: Blurr.
Eowyn: Firestar.
Arwen: Arcee.
Elrond: Kup.
Elladan and Elrohir: Sideswipe and Sunstreaker.
Denethor: Galvatron (well, he's the only insane one around! And Denethor wasn't the best guy in the world...).
-----------------
Victory
(I will use the names from TF Cog's fandub)

Frodo: Stakeout.
Sam: Fixit.
Merry: Red Hot.
Pippin: Seawatch.
Aragorn: Star Saber.
Legolas: Greatshot.
Gimli: Tacker.
Gandalf: God Ginrai/Victory Leo.
Boromir: Mach.
Faramir: Tackle.
Theoden: Apex Prime.
Eomer: Galaxy Shuttle.
Eowyn: ?
Arwen: Minerva.
Elrond: Blacker.
Elladan and Elrohir: Braver and Laster.
Denethor: ?
-----------------------
Beast Wars Neo

Frodo: ?
Sam: Break.
Merry: Machkick.
Pippin: Stampy.
Aragorn: Big Convoy.
Legolas: Longrack.
Gimli: Cohrada.
Gandalf: ?
Boromir: Randy.
Faramir: Bump.
Theoden: Rockbuster.
Eomer: Sharp Edge.
Arwen: ?
Elrond: Survive.
Elladan and Elrohir: Countdown (Heinrad) and ?
---------------------------
Armada

Frodo: Highwire.
Sam: Grindor.
Merry: Jolt.
Pippin: Sureshock.
Aragorn: Blurr.
Legolas: Red Alert.
Gimli: Smokescreen/Hoist.
Gandalf: Optimus.
Boromir: Overload.
Faramir: Sideswipe.
Theoden: Scavenger.
Eomer: Hot Shot.
Eowyn: Airazor (whatever...).
Elrond: Ultra Magnus.
Elladan and Elrohir: ?
-----------------------
Energon

Frodo: Prowl (OK, not the best one...).
Sam: Ironhide (please don't kill me...).
Merry: Cliffjumper.
Pippin: Downshift.
Aragorn: Inferno.
Legolas: Jetfire.
Gimli: Bulkhead.
Gandalf: Omega Supreme.
Boromir: Landmine.
Faramir: Hot Shot.
Theoden: Optimus.
Eomer: Wing Saber.
Elrond: Rodimus.
Elladan and Elrohir: Skyblast and Strongarm.

(One thing... I will keep the Omnicons as the elves and Rodimus as Elrond... unless someone comes up with a better plan).
---------------------------------------
Sooo... anyone have better ideas? Or want to write this damn thing with me?

Greatshot (in the middle): "Six against one? Don't worry, boys, I've got a mode for each of ya."
windsweeper
Protoform

Post by windsweeper »

This is my idea for TF:LOTR. I've written a few scenes but I didn't post them as I'm afraid of infringing on the copyright of both franchises.

It’s nearly possible with some tweaking to fit the Lord of the Rings into a Transformers setting, set in a far-flung future timeline evolved from G1/G2 Marvel comics, where the Autobots have defeated Megatron and the Liege Maximo, and such races as the mini-cons, predacons and omni-cons have evolved on different Cybertronian colonies.
Upon the original destruction of Unicron in TF US 75, Unicron fashioned an artefact, a Ring, to preserve it's consciousness. This was found by the dying Thunderwing

Proposed Cast

Strider/Aragorn Hot Rod/ Rodimus (Autobot) (Potential ‘King’ dealing with guilt and the burden of leadership
Gandalf Optimus Prime (Autobot)
Gimli Strongarm (Omni-con)
Legolas Cheetor (Maximal)
Frodo Sparkplug (Mini-con)
Sam Mirage (Mini-con)
Merry Overload (Mini-con) (who evolves into a larger form)
Pippin Magnus (Mini-con) (who evolves into a larger form)
Boromir Grimlock (Autobot)
Bilbo Overrun (Mini-con)

Gollum Thunderwing (Former Decepticon)
Faramir Swoop (Autobot)
Wormtongue Starscream (Decepticon)
Balrog Scorponok (Decepticon)
Treebeard Metroplex (Autobot)
Orc-chief Cyclonus (Decepticon)
Sauron Unicron
Saruman Galvatron (Decepticon)
Galadria Black Arachnia (Maximal)
Arwen Arcee (Maximal)
Elrond Primal Prime (Maximal)

Humans Autobots
Elves Maximals
Dwarves Omni-cons (miners, energon manipulaters)
Hobbits Mini-cons (both Hobbits and Mini-cons prefer to keep to their own villages
Orcs Decepticons (Seekers, Armada type "Alpha" Seekers, Demolisher clone units)
Goblins Predacons
Ents Metroplex,Fortress Maximus, large base Transformers
Rangers Matrix Templars (those with the potential to be Primes, possessing an affinity with the Matrix

Set after my ‘unified’ idea where races such as the mini-cons, predacons and omni-cons would evolve on different Cybertronian colonies. Years after the final defeat of Megatron and the fall of his Decepticon Empire. The Cybertronian Empire thrived but on the fringes of known space, something stirred.
DeltaSilver88

Post by DeltaSilver88 »

Not bad at all. Good idea. I also made a Cybertron-cast for this, and here they are:

Frodo: Scattorshot.
Sam: Clocker.
Merry: Snarl (I know, he's not that small).
Pippin: Ransack.
Aragorn: Smokescreen A.K.A. Crosswise.
Gandalf: Vector Prime (I know. It's a stereotype).
Legolas: Hot Shot.
Gimli: Overhaul/Leobreaker.
Boromir: Wing Saber.
Faramir: Red Alert.
Theoden: Landmine.
Eowyn: Override.
Eomer: Mudflap (what? He just reminds me of 'im! And besides, Landmine 'practically raised him'.).
Elrond: Evac.
Arwen: Thunderblast?.
Elladan & Elrohir: Starscream & Thundercracker (please, if someone comes up with better choices...!).
Denethor: Megatron/Galvatron.

Lessee... Here's the 'EVIL' cast:

Sauron (the Eye of Fire): Dark Scorponok.
Ringwraiths: Transformers of Planet X, Witch King is Soundwave.
Gollum: Sideways, A.K.A. Noisemaze.
Grima: Undermine.
Saruman: Scourge.
Orcs: Transformers of Animatros, A.K.A. Jungle Planet, Beast Planet.
Uruk-Hai: Transformers of Gigalonia, A.K.A. Giant Planet (um.. not Minicons, of course).
Haradrim: Transformers of Velocitron, A.K.A. Speedia, Speed Planet.

Helpers + Other Characters

Glorfindel: Brakedown.
Galadriel: ?
Celeborn: Optimus Prime (yeah, why not?...).
Haldir: Lugnutz.
Rumil: Nemesis Breaker.
Orophin: Dirt Boss.
Tom Bombadil: Backstop (O_o).
Goldberry: ?
Treebeard: Metroplex.
Quickbeam: Menasor (*sigh* quick, quick, quick...).
Gamling: Crumplezone.
Damrod: (I wonder why I think about 'Ramrod' when I see Damrod's name...?).
Hama: Brimstone.
Erkenbrand: Jetfire (he rides to the fight with Gandalf the White! xD).

Oh, btw, I have to postpone the writing of this story, or maybe even cancel it, because.. well.. I've got ten stories to write at the same time right now (and not including the non-TF writings!).

Greatshot (in the middle): "Six against one? Don't worry, boys, I've got a mode for each of ya."
Bountyhunter
Protoform

Re: Lord of the Rings/Transformers Style... what does it sound like?

Post by Bountyhunter »

Originally posted by DeltaSilver88
OK, I didn't know where to post this thing, so I posted it in here. I'm going to try and write Lord of the Rings: Transformers Style. It's a big project, and I'm not really fond of writing it all by myself, so if someone wants to become a co-author, just PM me. This, although, is the main thing:

What Universe should I use? You can suggest one of these; G1, Victory, Beast Wars Neo, Armada or Energon. Put them in order from 1 to 5, so I know which one you like the best. For extra help I will give you an opportunity to suggest who should be the main characters. Here are the ones I thought about:
-----------------------

G1 all the way.

Frodo: Bumblebee, Just fits right
Sam: Brawn; Loyal, strong, brave, salt of the earth
Merry: Cliffjumper; Trouble maker, hot headed
Pipin: Jazz; Trouble maker, silly
Bilbo: Windcharger; A little rickety
Boromir: Mirage; Suspected traitor
Aragorn: Springer; Suffers from being the actual hero though does not want it
Gimli: Gears; Cranky, gruff, Moody
Leagolas: Hound; Nature lover, effective fighter, scout
Gandalf: Optimus Prime; must I explain why
Theoden: Bluestreak, Does not want to fight has doubts but a steely resolve in the end
Eomer: Ironhide; Don't know why but it just fits
Eowyn: Chromia
Arwen: Arcee
Elrond: Wheeljack; For some reason the facial patterns of the actor who played him, made me think of Wheeljack
Faramir: Prowl;
Elladan and Elrohir: Sideswipe and Sunstreaker
Denethor: Huffer!!!! Huffer the little truck who cowered
Glorfindel: Skids hardly there at all
Galadriel: Elitea-1
Celeborn: Perceptor; Didn't say much in the movie lotr sort of what we wished happened with perceptor in tf the movies
Haldir: Tracks; A little fruity, but brave
Tom Bombadil: Wheelie Not in the movie, perfect casting
Treebeard: Kup
Quickbeam: Smokescreen
Gamling: Trailbreaker
Damrod: Snarl
Hama: Grimlock
Grima: Thundercracker; doubts the validity of his side poor match but it could work(looks right, looks left, shrugges)
Smeagol: Starscream; A match made in heaven
Nazgul: Insecticons
Witchking: Soundwave
Sauron: Shockwave; The Lidless Eye
Saruman: Megatron
Balrog: Trypticon
Lurtz: Skywarp
Gorbarg: Thrust
DeltaSilver88

Post by DeltaSilver88 »

I know this is probably nit-picking, but the age differences between Ironhide and Bluestreak just indicate that Blue is too young to be Ironhide's uncle. Somehow Eomer reminds me more of.. well... Inferno, Afterburner, Slingshot and/or Sixshot.

And couldn't Theoden be Cerebros? I mean, he didn't want to fight... but that pacifism has gone a bit too far with him.. you know, not wanting to fight even if his friends lives depended on it.

If something like the TF versions of Silmarillion and the other LOTR-books can be made after this, I think Dead End suits the part of Túrin Turambar just perfectly. I actually think Dead End is the only intelligent member of the Stunticons (Drag Strip seems to be rather dull, Breakdown is just plain wacko, Wildrider is a crazy speed demon and Motormaster is a loyal... thug).

Bountyhunter
Protoform

Post by Bountyhunter »

I was going for type casting and the change from bluestreak to silverstreak in regards to violence. Ironhide's cheif characterist is his loyality to the cause just like Eomer. Inferno was just annoying like afterburner and slingshot.
DeltaSilver88

Post by DeltaSilver88 »

Loyality, huh? Then it's gotta be Silverbolt. He ain't too bad. Except the fear of heights is a bit disturbing. Ultra Magnus and Prowl are very loyal characters, too.

And, if another Theoden is needed, I think it's Skyfire. I mean, Theoden was at first 'possessed' by Saruman, and Skyfire thought the Decepticon cause was the right one at first, but both ended up the good guys again. And Skyfire didn't exactly want to fight, claiming that 'he's a scientist'.

Btw, why did you put Prowl as Faramir? He's not exactly the 'dreamer' kind of mech. And Faramir didn't strike me as the 'logical' type. Your Boromir kind of disturbed me. Mirage does fit the role, but he's not the 'short, bulky guy' who Boromir is described to be. But I see you were aiming at the personalities, not the looks. Then Mirage is the perfect choice. Gears is just right for Gimli. Elladan and Elrohir were quite easy.. how many twins do the Autobots actually have in their midst? Oh, if you don't count the annoying clones. When I think about Denethor speaking with Huffer's voice, I can't help but laugh. That's just a silly image. But I don't see the reasoning behind choosing Smokescreen as Quickbeam... is there a reason?

Megatron as Saruman and Shockwave as Sauron were interesting choices. It's as if Shockwave commands Megatron this time. Plus it's like seeing the good old loyal Shockwave become an opponent of Megatron's.

Bountyhunter
Protoform

Post by Bountyhunter »

I wrote this on a very boring day at work and suffering from sleep dep. Shockwave was chosen for the lidless eye. Prowl because he always seemed to want to be the right hand man and never was. Skyfire is better. as to Smokescreen just did not want to leave him out.Saurman's plans bombed just like every one of old megs.

I honestly thought the best was Hound as legolas, and Brawn as Sam.
Thefallenone
Protoform

Post by Thefallenone »

i like the sound off the Lord Of The Rings mixed with Transformers, will you guys post any off the scences soon? :D
DeltaSilver88

Post by DeltaSilver88 »

Well, I haven't written any yet, and I think I'll choose the cast first. Now I'm beginning to think that maybe Beast Wars characters could be the best choices. I'm in fact thinking about all the shows: BW, BW2, BW Neo, BM... could be good. I think I'd want BW2 Scuba as Aragorn. He's a rather quiet and serious bot.

Or if you need gruff, serious and quiet: Victory Greatshot or Blacker. I love them. Cool bots, both.