[BW,BM] Unadulterated HATE part 7: BEAST MACHINES

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
ShadowSonic
Protoform

Post by ShadowSonic »

Originally posted by Cassettacon 27
Another thing that I dislike about BM is that besides from Optimus, no one else had a heroic death.
Code Of Hero was a momumental episode in BW, as far as I can remember, BM never had an ep like that.

For example, if Silverbolt or Nightscream kicked it to save the other Maximals, and went out in a blaze of glory (ie Dinobot / Tigerhawk), that'd be a good episode.

Chars don't always die a heroic death, sometimes they just die. I liked that they had Rhinox die the way he did. I mean, if bad guys can go good, why can't good guys go bad and die bad?

I liked that BM wasn't your traditional ?good vs bad" story and treated the chars as such. Unfortunate no TF Fans seem to like anything other than good vs bad kiddy junk aimed at 5 year olds.

And for the record, I didn't like Code of Hero that much, mainly because I found Dinobot to be rather selfish over his side-switching and the death scene was overly melodramatic and cheesy.
I'd like to say it's been nice knowing you, but I'd be lying.

-Vile
Aardvark

Post by Aardvark »

I'd be happy if nightscream went up in a blaze of anything in every episode
-Alex???
ShadowSonic
Protoform

Post by ShadowSonic »

Yeah, well I'd be happy if they killed off Waspinator in the BW pilot and never mentioned him again, but you don't always get what you want.

-Vile
Aardvark

Post by Aardvark »

Not if you think like that
-Alex???
ShadowSonic
Protoform

Post by ShadowSonic »

Think like what?

-Vile
Aardvark

Post by Aardvark »

Originally posted by ShadowSonic
Think like what?
That ;)
-Alex???
Gadguard
Protoform

Post by Gadguard »

Originally posted by Cassettacon 27
Another thing that I dislike about BM is that besides from Optimus, no one else had a heroic death.
Code Of Hero was a momumental episode in BW, as far as I can remember, BM never had an ep like that.

For example, if Silverbolt or Nightscream kicked it to save the other Maximals, and went out in a blaze of glory (ie Dinobot / Tigerhawk), that'd be a good episode.
The reason for that was, foxkids had issues with new cartoons having death, projectiles, and other things. So whatever Foxkids say Mainframe must do, and YTV as well =/

I thought the show was ok because of the dark story and I wanted to know what happend to the characters (not what I was expecting but..), just hated the organic part =/ I wanted them to stay in their cool Transmetal forms!
Bountyhunter
Protoform

Post by Bountyhunter »

I liked that BM wasn't your traditional ?good vs bad" story and treated the chars as such. Unfortunate no TF Fans seem to like anything other than good vs bad kiddy junk aimed at 5 year olds.

This board is a hate board and I hate the figures and what they did to optimus, I also hate people who trash want others like its their opinion and it very republican to trash talk some one's opinion calling them stupid for what they like. Also I hate G1 haters who break the rules, (please excuse this one Hound and company) and post there hatred outside the thread for them. Also I hate the silly gimmick vechiles.
ShadowSonic
Protoform

Post by ShadowSonic »

Did you really need a paragraph to say "blah blah blah I hate BM and anyone who doesn't can go to hell blah blah blah..."?

-Vile
Aardvark

Post by Aardvark »

I know it's been said but that's the point of the thread. I liked the show too, but nothing is perfect and this is the place to pick at its flaws.

Edit: "Bloody" removed from post - I no longer support naughty language <.<
-Alex???
ShadowSonic
Protoform

Post by ShadowSonic »

Right, because everyone knows G1, BW, RID and all the other TF shows are untouchable flawless jewels and only Bmachs deserves to be bashed...

-Vile
Rampage01
Protoform

Post by Rampage01 »

Actually, there is a thread for bashing G1, right here.
ShadowSonic
Protoform

Post by ShadowSonic »

Yeah? Then explain to me why it's only the more shallow superficial stuff that's mainly "once per episode" things in G1 being bashed, but with shows like BM the entire series and its' more intelligent stuff that gets bashed?

-Vile
Hound

Post by Hound »

Yeah? Then explain to me why it's only the more shallow superficial stuff that's mainly "once per episode" things in G1 being bashed, but with shows like BM the entire series and its' more intelligent stuff that gets bashed?

Because it's those things that you call "intelligent" that people don't like...

There is a thread all about what people do like about the series also. You don't see anyone in that thread telling people that what they like about the series is completely wrong. That would make them a complete ass!
ShadowSonic
Protoform

Post by ShadowSonic »

Yeah, becuase that thread dropped off so fast due to the fact that people find it easier to gloss over intelligent stuff and just bash things instead.

-Vile
Hound

Post by Hound »

It's always easier to pick out what you don't like about something. Flaws tend to distinguish themselves...
Cyberman

Post by Cyberman »

Beast Machines is rather new.

G1 is rather old.

People have endlessly talked about G1 already - most here probably just don´t have the urge to complain about G1 anymore.
In a perfect world, this would be a signature. As it stands, it's just the lack of.
Rampage01
Protoform

Post by Rampage01 »

Probably because stupid little once per episode things was all that the G1 cartoon was. Aside from the Decepticons wanting energon, the Autobots always letting them go to destroy things another day, and Starscream bumbling around saying he's going to overthrow Megatron, there really wasn't any story or concistancy to it.
jestermon
Protoform

G1bw

Post by jestermon »

My problem in BW is that the 3-d environments sucked, in BW the animals stood out from the sparse backgrounds also this was due to the lack of “plants” they could generate and render. But in BW they looked like they had fallen in an ocean and it was hard to pick them out in the more expansive chase scenes. I was a 3-d student and know the tech was limited at the time but geez throw a light or some green liquid something in there.
The fact that Megatron can not rebuild a body purge beast/dna and get out of a scarred husk thing makes no sense and nullifies sparks altogether. I mean pretty much what I have learned over the 23 years I have lived about transformers is that there is a spark and a shell even in the DW comics it talks about them being able to drop the spark in a new body or reformat the current one.
Any one that has ever seen the old cartoon about the taxi cab kid will know that them Dam* kids would go get reformatted to piss off the parents. He controls the entire planet and cant get rid of a little dinadragon on him that makes no sense. He could have thought the Maximals dead, they made Megatron too powerful and the Maximals too weak. It would have been better if there had been pockets of resistance that were not in crazy planet specific modes but good ole' Cybertronian hover thingys that were confused by the garish science teams in their new garb, but realized what they were due to the extensive database that must have existed from Earth and G1 this is how I attribute all the Earth sayings to BW or it makes no sense.
CYBERTRONIANS with guns not projectiles like ours or beast wars, guns that make holes not just blow things up. And the organic stuff is just Prima was the first Transformer made from a completely non organic maker, in every trans origin but this one they are metal through and through. And the guy bashing G1 is an odd case it seems he does not like G1 or BW or BM yet he has picked a Headmaster for his type and we all know what a quality run that was. In short BW but without G1 there would be nothing.

The I can not read words edit geez it was one paragraph it did not need to be split up.
tahukanuva
Custom Title: Human After All

Re: G1bw

Post by tahukanuva »

Originally posted by jestermon
My problem in BW is that the 3-d environments sucked, in BW...his type and we all know what a quality run that was. In short BW but without G1 there would be nothing.

What the h*ll?